Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if they had the national guard in the game if they would actually fire at you in a tank...

They never shot at you with it in San Andreas but, I would actually think it's fun.

Why does Niko never get arrested and given the death sentence for dozens* of murders? Because it's a game, and being deported or sitting through a trial isn't fun or interesting.

*'Dozens' including only the people the game requires that you kill.

• Like 1

Why does Niko never get arrested and given the death sentence for dozens* of murders? Because it's a game, and being deported or sitting through a trial isn't fun or interesting.

*'Dozens' including only the people the game requires that you kill.

That's an even better point, come to think of it.

In GTA IV, fighting the cops was to easy...

Back in the good old GTA days, there was army, huge roadblocks and those thingys that pop your tyres.

In GTA V, they to b ring all this back, along with new elements that will totally revive the game in my opinion. I don't know what to make of tear gas, but dogs, ramming doors, real hunting, etc. would make fighting cops a fun challenge.

It would be awesome if you could escape a 6 star wanted by maybe going out to the country, and hiding in the forests. Stealth kills would be a good factor.

• Like 3

The Cops in IV were stupid as hell and and really esay to beat...but too realstic were awful, Just like in Mafia II get tickets for driving too fast or for hitting people. As well it would be nice if they're using tear gas or handcuffs and don't shot you too death when you have 2 stars...Also I would be nice if the player is able to use the same things like tear gas too^^ As well I think the police will probaly using police dogs, because there are some scene in the trailer where dogs can be seen. ( Yep, my English is bad, but I am sorry for my awful Englsih skills^^)

K9's, tasers, riot gear, tyre punctures, truncheons/knight sticks, CS gas

They should actually try and engage in some sort of combat, it would be brilliant if when they are in groups they try to hold you down while they arrest, it would be like an episode of cops xD

soooooo true it would be so awesome

The Cops should be like in Mafia 2, they were perect they would pull you over for speeding and give you a ticket say nice day and leave. But if u pull a weapon they dont shoot you right away they just arrest u but if u aim at them...ooh shit they be chasin' you with police cars while shooting tommyguns out te windows. Put together, small crimes more real and big crimes with more violence.

Best I've heard of all ideas...

I think they should be more realistic.. And should use force more realistically.. I also want to be able to hide better.. If youre quite in a good spot they shouldn't find you

I think more realistic cops would be GREAT, Including the level of force they use!

Just like GTA IV anything over a punch you will get shot at/Stealing a car even with no-one around? Maybe some sort of aiming of the gun and handcuffs would be much better and realistic if a cop see's you! Its the small details that make the difference!

Guest Marney-1

I hope the police can commandeer civilian vehicles like they could in GTA IV. It was fun getting chased by cops in taxis and minivans or just seeing a random cop stealing a parked car.

Edit: I'm not sure how often this happens in real life but they seem to do it often in the movies.

i liked how bad cops were at driving in 4. they made better car chases :scooter:

and y the hell do u waant to get in trouble for going to fast. the fun of gta is going fast as u can to get to your mission or to finish the mission or see how far u fly out a windsheld

Guest Marney-1

cops in gta iv were annoying. i dont want 2 stars just for killing one ped.

Realistically for killing one pedestrian you could get the death penalty.

I hope the police can commandeer civilian vehicles like they could in GTA IV. It was fun getting chased by cops in taxis and minivans or just seeing a random cop stealing a parked car.

Edit: I'm not sure how often this happens in real life but they seem to do it often in the movies.

It isn't common, but yes cops here in the US do commander vehicles. Many jurisdictions require civilians not only give up property in an emergency but also help subdue criminals if they can. Many NYPD officers on foot patrol used to flag down taxis to transport arrested criminals to a precinct station. It happens but isn't as common as in movies (cause Hollywood hypes up everything as many know :P)

And you'd probably have 4 stars worth of cops after you for killing one person. So we actually get off easy in GTA.

who cares, its boring. how about when you get busted for killing someone, you have to wait 20 years before you can roam the streets again? it would be realistc, but shite.

the cops werent exactly realistic in gta iv anyway. the other day i threw a coffee cup at a ped, so a nearby cop starts shooting at me.

A little more realism with police would be great but I don't want to keep getting stars for running red lights or driving too fast. That would be tedious after a short while.

Police in GTA V should use dogs and maybe tasers to subdue criminals.

mabey if they bring the respect meter from SA back and after a certian amount you dont get pulled over from speeding, when you are busted you lose your guns but keep all the ammo, when you get wasted hospital bills cost less. things like that.