Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a feeling there is going to be realistic cops due to the fact you can put stuff behind doors now to barricade it/and yourself. So the cops will have to come with battering rams, to get in... I think.

Yes they should be more realistic but it's already hard enough to hide from them because they automatically find you anyways. But I'd rather have more of a challenge fighting them off. I don't want a retarded cop that waits until after you're done firing a shotgun clip at him to do anything. And I think there should also be women cops, too.

• Like 2

I really want to see k-9 unit I think that would be really cool espically if u could be a cop on the side but I want to be pulled over not automatically arrested

I don't think they need to be realistic (you'd almost never get away and they'd almost never fire their weapon)... I would like them to be more like gta3... All kamikaze and shit... All you had to in gta4 to get away from the cops was drive fast in a strait line....

• Like 2

Yh I hated how in GTA IV the cops would turn up from just round the corner like they're the batman or something. Although they did have pedestrians actually call the police on their cell phones...but still it shouldn't happen when no one is around.

I wish like you could be killing cops and you shoot one in the knee and he crawls away, but you get to him and he says " please dont kill me i have a wife and kids, here let me live and take this money." you could take the money and go or kill him. Lol i would take the money then kill him. :D

I don't think they need to be realistic (you'd almost never get away and they'd almost never fire their weapon)... I would like them to be more like gta3... All kamikaze and shit... All you had to in gta4 to get away from the cops was drive fast in a strait line....

they should be realistic cause that was just boring

Personally, I think that cops should be more realistic in the way that they will not chase you if they bump cars with you. And, by how they continue to follow you for an extremly long time for having only 1 star. Also I think That if Cops are more realistic then they should be doing what actual cops do like chasing you down with 1 star without guns. Not shooting because you got in a fight. Finally I think that if you end up fighting with a person and the cops roll up they go for whoever threw the first punch, not you when you try to defend yourself.

I would like in the game if there was like this prick cop kinda like tennpenny but not dirty and through the game he is trying to get evidence to take u down but anyways I would want them more realistic to a certain point

I think they should add the ability to hide from cops in things and one random thing leads to the secret base. (When I mean things I mean trashcans, lockers, sewer drains, etc like in Bully)

That's a good idea, if you aren't in their line of sight you should be able to hide in objects or dark alley ways without the cops magically knowing where you are. And then you should wait for X amount of time until the stars disappear.

They must disable all seeing police ! My first impression on gta IV police while my first try to run from them was bad. I hided myself in places where police could not get me and didn't see me but I saw them roaming near my location and trying to find way to get to me. That was hilarious. Like they got 6th sense. I managed to mod game to make them blind lol They couldn't see me. I was walking near them and they didnt react. So they may make police in gta 5 not so godlike then sneaking away from police would be great challenge instead of trying to drive away fast from their magic circle...

Be worth a chase.. It should be harder to get *s tho it should always keep you moving, staying incognito, fighting, an even frighten. Cop car should let you pull over and make you pay for a ticket, shoot the cop get your $ back. Gives you that option if your driving the cop car, take the persons cash, drugs, alcohol, and maybe a slick assassination.. ;)

You should be able to bribe cops like in Mafia 2 up to the level at which they start using deadly force (basically only 1 star). Also, line of sight should determine if you get caught or not, e.g. running into a dark alley sprinting around corners should loose your wanted level while running in the open should keep it. It would also be nice if there were hiding areas you could hide in like in AC, after breaking LoS for a few seconds.

You should be able to bribe cops like in Mafia 2 up to the level at which they start using deadly force (basically only 1 star). Also, line of sight should determine if you get caught or not, e.g. running into a dark alley sprinting around corners should loose your wanted level while running in the open should keep it. It would also be nice if there were hiding areas you could hide in like in AC, after breaking LoS for a few seconds.

I like the bribe part, it gives a better chance of getting away and stuff. Or you can get citations (not traffic citations) but ones for one-two level crimes where if you want to you can pay off the ticket.

I think if the cops could actually catch you for once whilst running i'm saying, and tackle you to the floor. Maybe a pain in the ass but it'd be fun.

Also what marcus mentioned, if you could bribe them that'd b sweet too. Wonder if there gonna be some bad-ass cop in V like TenPenny ...

A bit off topic....

It really pissed me off when i was doing a vigilante mission in GA 4 and as soon as i started shooting at the target a cop would appear out of no where and start shooting at me.

Whatever they do is going to be alot better than what GTA4 was, GTA4 was basically touching all the fundemental basics of the cops, V is gunna be alot more detailed and realistic, and just make more sense.

yes to more realistic

no to more brutality.

I explain why, cops are already stupid enough to be killed by the dozens, we need better cops that are not "supermen" but that know how to take proper cover in order to survive more, and that are more aware of flanking mechanics.

more brutality? what can be more brutal than them parking their car right behind you, when you are killing a thousand people in front of you, then they bust out with their magical special edition infinite reach shotgun and take most if not all your health away.

maybe they can prevent this and by making them more realistic they would act like real life cops would, not shooting until you bust out with a gun out. And maybe why not attempt to give you a ticket, I know you might say, "oh what a hassle" but you can always decide to hit and run.