Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reasoning behind you receiving a wanted level for killing a police officer is a gameplay mechanic to encourage you to avoid attacking police, witnesses or not.

The reasoning behind you receiving a wanted level for killing a police officer is a gameplay mechanic to encourage you to avoid attacking police, witnesses or not.

Well I mean obviously. But as rm80rams said about how you should get a bounty for 24 hours if you evade the 3 star police and so on is what we need. Not police knowing you're behind a building as if they have x-ray vision. That go super annoying and made it super impossible to run away

Yeah, I get that. I found IV's police really easy going, if not unrealistic. But I prefer their simple mechanic over Vice City's/III's psycho police...

I'm not sure why they are lowering they number of stars you can get, it's hard to rate crimes like fighting or crashing all the way to massacring people or bombing an airport on a scale of 1-5... but it would be cool if they add fines for petty crimes like some of you said, which also plays into the money theme and helps with the problems being mowed down by police for petty shit. I also think they may add in something along the lines of once you escape the search area, it will take a set amount of time (depending on the wanted level) where you still have heat and can be recognized, since cops have a line of sight now maybe if you stay in it too long they recognize you, so you would have to lay low until you're heat dies down, maybe play another character for a while.

i just hate how if you run into acop or if they run into you they get mad. they shuld not come after you if they run into you.

i just hate how if you run into acop or if they run into you they get mad. they shuld not come after you if they run into you.

if they run into me. A good old rocket fixes everything. Then drive away without a trace.

I was driving the wrong way across the Broker Bridge the other day, hit a cop head on, catapulted him out of his vehicle and somehow had cops on my arse in no time. Those LC cops are pretty talented when it comes to radioing for help :P

I was driving the wrong way across the Broker Bridge the other day, hit a cop head on, catapulted him out of his vehicle and somehow had cops on my arse in no time. Those LC cops are pretty talented when it comes to radioing for help :P

Pretty much sums up cop in GTA IV (1:49-) :P

BTW I like how everyone here is saying cops shouldn't start shooting you straight away, for us to be able to quietly kill cops, for cops to use things like stingers and shit... basically the way cops worked in SA.

Maybe they put those wheelchair alarms in their cruisers. :D

when im doing the current crimes side missions from the police computer and i do gang activity sometimes cops start showing up and i shoot a gang member the get mad at me and start shooting me

I want to go on a high speed chase towards a cliff/ledge/ramp then brake at the last second with the cops right behind me, sending them flying. Then activating my slow-mo shooting power and shooting them in mid air.

• Like 1

It'd be odd to be holed up in the military base, watching military personnel cower in their barracks while Blaine County police forces charge through the gate in cruisers and SUVs...

Just because the final star has been removed doesn't mean that military presence has as well.

Well maybe they will have a Special Reaction Team , the military equivalent of Police SWAT on bases, but then would the FIB go in the army base as well?

After watching Trevor cruise around with a Five-star wanted level I found myself a little concerned.. If I remember correctly, a five-star was the new maximum wanted level yet there were just a few police cruisers as well as a couple choppers after him.. Is there gonna be a military presence or not? I'd be okay with nothing but police and SWAT waves but I was really looking forward to some military force.. Whadya think...?

maybe when u reach 5star wanted level u ave say a 1minute or 2 to lose the pigs or atleast lower ur stars then if not if ur in the city or country side they will just drop the swat team or rangers

I want to go on a high speed chase towards a cliff/ledge/ramp then brake at the last second with the cops right behind me, sending them flying. Then activating my slow-mo shooting power and shooting them in mid air.

or what if wen u break they ram u send u flying over and activate there slow mo gun trcks and pop u in mid air just a thought dont hate

Why does Trevor have an icon on his radar that bears his own initial? :huh:

cos maybe theres more than just trevor whos name starts with t in the game

I Think The Cops Should Be More Realistic And Use More Force Because It Would Make A Better Challenge. Before On Gta4 i Could Sit There For Hours With 6 Stars Killing Cops, It Got Boring As Hell But, If You Assist On Arrest You Should'nt Get Shot Down. They Should Chase You Or At Least Untill They Really Fu** Up Your Car if your in high speed chase get away also.

I see the Shift key gave up on you towards the end there. Also, feel free to use as much profanity as you like. No need for censorship. As for the suggestions, it looks like police will be more aggressive in pursuits -- take note of the swarming units around Trevor in the first gameplay video.

Before On Gta4 i Could Sit There For Hours With

Welcome friend, I just wanted to point out that I am amazed that you went through the effort of capitalizing the first letter of every word but then somehow left "i" as lowercase... not hating, just think its funny.

Anyways, I am less concerned with the aggressiveness or intelligence of the police and more concerned with the process of escaping. I have been playing SA again and one thing that I am noticing is that escaping the police is some much more fun then it is in IV. In IV it was not necessarily difficult, but it felt like a chore. In SA I find myself wanting to get a wanted level just so I can screw with the cops for a few minutes before running off to a pay and spray. In IV I avoid getting the police on me, even 1 star, just because its such a bother sometimes. Based on what I have seen I think V will be much better and provide a lot more enjoyable ways of loosing the cops. I am interested in seeing how those mask work.

• Like 2

I saw in franklins trailer that the cops had two guys cuffed and were throwing them in the back of the cop car. Im hoping this isnt just a cutscene and they got rid of the shit where the cop just rips your door open and "busted" scrolls accross the screeen. It would be dope as hell if they actually through you in the back and had to bring you to the cop station and then you could switch characters, find, and ambush the cop car before it gets there. And id be completely fuckin hilarious if you can break free of the cops even before they put you in their car then take off down the side of the road with your arms cuffed around your back just to get tackled by a cop

I hope the police are more aware of there surroundings when they are in a car chase.

Hopefully this time they won't be able to keep up with the fastest car in the game like they were able to in IV.