Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would be good if you could patrol the streets as a policeman, SWAT guy, or an FIB agent. Or maybe you could even join the military and do missions.

I want to see female cops so I can kidnap and rape them. (tired of doing it to male cops)

You sick bastard.

Hes just telling us what we all want to hear, ive been waiting for that moment since GTA III

• Like 1

Are they adding "locking car doors from inside" feature? I hate being arrested from a tank. Or from any car. Cops should not just arrest by opening the door and showing the gun, they should pull you out first so you could run away (and increasing a star in the action).

Fair enough, but realistically cops should then be able to break your window, unlock the door for you, and drag yo ass out the car.

Yeah, but that would be slower than simply opening the door and busting you. Also tanks don't have windows, so I can stay safe in them forever :)

Whenever an officer tries to open my car's door in IV, I start driving really fast with him hanging with the door's handle, and then getting him hit by a pole or something. In V, I would love to wait for him to break the window and grab the door lock.

When a guy went on a tank rampage in real life the cops had to cut off the door. in GTA they should have it where the door locks and they can't get to you, but if you sit still for to long they will pull out some gear and cut the door off to get to you. you know, keep you on your toes.

I hated the cops in gta iv sometimes they steal a car rom someone just to chase me if i blew up their vehicle! there so retarded!

You wouldn't steal a car to chase someone if they blew up your vehicle? Yea that's right, you would. <_<

I hated the cops in gta iv sometimes they steal a car rom someone just to chase me if i blew up their vehicle! there so retarded!

if they blew up your vehicle? <_<

Seeing how they can blow up cars, I don't think I would

That's the realistic part man. I think cops should also be able to grab bikes from peds. I would definitely enjoy cops chasing me on Sanchez or NRG. And what if they could fly planes in V? Shit!! :D

What I want from police in V:

-The same base system for escaping a wanted level as IV, with the circle that you have to evade.

-You are only arrested on 1 star. 2 stars will give police ability to kill, but will still attempt to arrest you unless you resist. 3 stars and above is kill first, with the motivation to kill rising as the wanted level does.

-After receiving a 1-2 star wanted level, you can evade it with no further consequences.

-A 3 star wanted level means you have a bounty out on you for 24 hours if you evade the police.

-A 4 star wanted level results in a 48 hour bounty if you escape the wanted level.

-A 5 star wanted level results in a 72 hour bounty if you evade the law enforcement.

-With a bounty, your original wanted level will be restored in full if caught committing any crime or seen by police in the same car you were caught in unless the plates were changed. Bounty rules never change, but length of bounty does. Any bounty is removed after being arrested or killed. Every crime you commit with a bounty plus the price for the original crime (price changes with the crime severity) is what you pay to bribe the police, and bribing is added on top of healthcare when killed with a wanted level or with a bounty. The bounty time is restored when receiving a wanted level with a bounty.

-There needs to be a living witness to get a wanted level, and that witness has to call 911. Not all witnesses will call the police.

Other details for each wanted level:

-1 star- Police cars only. For pointing guns at citizens and traffic violations

-2 star- Police cars only. For murder of citizens, stealing cars, pointing guns at law enforcement, blowing up vehicles, store and vehicle robberies.

-3 star- Police cars, vans and helicopters. Murder of law enforcement, mass destruction, double digit citizen deaths, high end major heists.

-4 star- Police cars, vans, helicopters, FBI trucks and cars. Mass murder of citizens, double digit murder of law enforcement.

-5 star- 4 star vehicles plus military. Mass murder of police and citizens, general acts of terrorism.

• Like 5

^ I like that idea but I've been wanting a 1 star wanted level to be less aggressive for a while now.. maybe something like midnight club, if you get caught committing a minor crime (damage to property, fighting, reckless driving...) they will simply pull you over and possibly fine you. In that instance you could pay the fine, or speed off and have a second star added to your wanted level. If on foot, the police may just try and resolve the situation, once again there will be the possibility of a fine and you have the same decision to make as before; pay or run..

tt

I also hated how trigger happy the police get.. If you resisted arrest in IV, they would start emptying their clips into you :wall: when in reality they would continue the pursuit to arrest you. It'd be nice in V if the authorities only fire their weapons at you if you begin firing first (much like IRL).. with the exception of you using a vehicle as a weapon :P

• Like 2

I would kinda like the wanted system to be similar not exactly like it but similar to Skyrim, you are caught doing something the cops comes up and asks you hey why'd you do that unless it was murder and if your like Michael in a suit and all that you could possibly bribe the cop or just pay the fine. Or say screw it and fight them or surrender Also just realized your poll is kinda redundant if the police are more realistic especially in a LA setting your going to end up with more violent police but if you want less realistic police but more forceful than your getting the same thing

i think if you shoot a cop in the head from behind when he isn't looking and he dies instantly from the head-shot you shouldn't get a 3 star wanted level from him radioing for help.

• Like 2

i think they did what they could with the technology ... But I am sure in V it will be way more advanced... I still think that 4 is good ... i dont want to have to run every time i baseball batboy someone in classic Claude fashion for them ducats lol

i think if you shoot a cop in the head from behind when he isn't looking and he dies instantly from the head-shot you shouldn't get a 3 star wanted level from him radioing for help.

That's a good idea.

Except if you're going for a realistic GTA, then shooting a cop in real-life would lead to a massive investigation ( Law Enforcement hates Cop Killers for some strange reason ).

And this would lead to a wanted level that would never go away as long as you're alive ( bribing wouldn't help get rid of it either ).

So it's good GTA's Wanted System isn't too realistic...

Besides, who wants to have the shit beat out of them by cops on the freeway while playing as Franklin?

So racist yet so funny! True and than have them plant a gun on him...

Besides, who wants to have the shit beat out of them by cops on the freeway while playing as Franklin?

I would like your post, but I've reached my quota for the day. +1

• Like 1

I mean there is a difference between "realistic" and "smarter" cops. The smarter cops will use different types of force to take you down (ex. road spikes, swat if it gets TOO intense, etc.) and realistic cops wouldn't be able to see through a fucking building and be able to find you just because you're in this "police circle" in GTA IV. I mean to me both would be great. As long as it dosen't get TOO realistic and you'd get chased for speeding or running red lights and shit. I think there will be a balance of both of them and itll be great :D