I LOVE the skate series. I own all three games and love all three of them in their own ways. Definitely have to agree that the best soundtrack and career mode is on the original, skate 2 also has a lot of good memories for me also, and skate 3 has the tricks and of course the create a park. I also love the skaters that are in them which is probably because I skate in real life.

Love the Skate series! Still play it everyday but can't find anything but little kids on easy mode always trying to change the area to either the superultramega park or the stadium --'

I agree. I always play it on hard or realistic or whatever its called since i got the game. I prefer street skating over unrealistic ramps and crazy air. It's only fun sometimes. I like grinding out benches, hitting gaps and just nailing down nice combos.

Like I said in my first post, I'm into the Skate Series. It is EA's understated masterpiece. I have never seen film making better incorporated into two video games. May just be me. Maybe I haven't played enough games. Skate 2 and Skate 3 have the best video development elements. The original "skate." just has the best "skateboarding feel." Anyone who knows about real skateboarding and the serious film making that comes with it can get a lot out of Skate 3.

Something that I made for Skate 3:

There are a lot of better videos out there. It's all fun and games.

icon11.gif

MARCO!

It's Ayreon from LB and Fluckit. This is the other forum I go to hahaa.

smooth vid man. Love regs. I could go on that mini ramp all day long

edit - (dont mind my stupid night name, its a forum trend right now ahaha)

I am considering getting this, haven't played a skateboarding game since THPS4. I fancy something different and AC III has got dull rather quickly. :mellow: Is this any good?

icon11.gif

lol its fucking amazing. Way better than tony hawk. It has a big learning curve but once you get good its a really fun game to just dick around in. Cruise around the city and skate. I miss it since I dont have a pc. a lot of times I feel like playing a game but not doing any serious action. Miss chilling and skating

It a good game to play online to and just shoot the shit with friends while skating around

It just has a really smooth feel. Its one of the only games i own that I consistently go back to in between titles that have little or no replayability.

And I would agree, I've had the best times just goofing around free skating online.

Create a character? Yes, with a fuckton of customizable facial features, clothing, boards, etc.

Give them skate moves? No.

But there are little gestures your character can perform using the 4 arrows on the directional pad that you can choose (raise the roof, thumbs up, etc.)

As a skater, I think the replay value -- for Skate 2 and Skate 3 -- is sky high. You must understand skateboarding to know that. The real skateboarding world is best friends with the film making world. The instant replay system (Skate 2 and Skate 3) is genius. It allows you to get all sorts of dynamic angles like real directors get. I can play the series eternally because: 1. I love skateboarding. 2. I can film and direct videos.

I've seen GTA movies. What other games have a replay system that's good enough to make movies? It has been done in Skate 3, Skate 2, and GTA.

icon11.gif

as you probably know its not like tony hawk where you press buttons to do tricks. there was limited button combos for tricks so you picked moves.

In this you move the joystick to do tricks. every skater has the same moves and stats. It's all about the skill of the player, not the skater you choose.

Career mode is pretty cool. Skate 1 had the best career mode. S3 though has the most variety of tricks. and create a park never gets old. I can link you some awesome parks to download. dont bother going to the highest rated parks on the ea site. they are all unrealistic bullshit that were made when the game first came out. CAP has come so far and each park is a work of art

the community is what keeps me coming back to this game. The community and making and sharing vids. My ps3 is busted to I've been doing community collabs. heres my last one. just watch a min or two. you get the idea

http://skatefluckit....ead.php?t=12885

Tis good. I'm still having trouble getting used to it, my character doesn't seem to get up to the same speed as the AI characters and I never get as much air as them. I used to keep holding down X but now i've started grabbing the board to get more speed up. I'm still pressing X alot though especially in mid jump which makes my character kick his foot off the board and causes me to bail.

But at least I can pull off a decent Superdude 360 once in a while.

I haven't added any songs to my new PS3 yet but can I import them into Skate 3?

icon11.gif

yah just press home button, and go to your music. it will play.

AI character always respawn moving. Not stationary. You will kick faster on a lower difficulty. On hardcore mode each kick gets you going slower. Takes more kicks to get up to top speed. They did this to a experienced player has more control of their speed. Holding the button to kick will make you go faster than a tap. To get even more speed out of a kick. flick up on the left joystick before each kick. It makes your player hunch over and he puts more balls into the kick. The game doesnt even tell you this but it works.

best way to get start fast is just get off your board, run on foot then tap triangle to get on your board. U'll have the speed from running.

best way to get start fast is just get off your board, run on foot then tap triangle to get on your board. U'll have the speed from running.

Yeah I do this already, although I run and jump.

Good to know about the music too.

icon11.gif

when i get my ps3 back get gotta play this online man. its a great game to just kick back and play with buddies cause its not intense.

only get intense when your trying to nail a specific trick