What does everyone think about New Orleans changing their name to the Pelicans?

Personally, I think it sounds a tad lame, but no lamer than the Clippers, Lakers, or Trail Blazers. If only the Utah Jazz would give their name that they took when they left New Orleans back. Maybe they could become the Utah Mormons. Charlotte could become the Hornets again, and everyone would be happy.

Grizz trading Rudy Gay to Toronto for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon, and planning on trading Jose for Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince of the Pistons.

LMAO @Pelicans.. gotta be the worse name ever.

Grizz trading Rudy Gay to Toronto for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon, and planning on trading Jose for Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince of the Pistons.

I think of this everytime I hear the word pelican. It should be their team song

Also, the Grizzlies are getting rid of Gay? WTF

• Like 1

i post that video every time someone mentions pelicans... i think it's a great name for a team... why not?

didn't get to watch any of the games today, pistons and the wolverines... looks like the pistons have lost both back to back games... not a good showing in the last week to be honest... the team is kind of back in a slump after winning some really tough games recently...

I think of this everytime I hear the word pelican. It should be their team song

Also, the Grizzlies are getting rid of Gay? WTF

the name sucks but how many other teams can say they were mentioned in scarface? lol

my same reaction to the trade, more info here:

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/30/aldridge-gaye-raptors-trade/

Grizz were oh so pressed to get rid of that luxury tax. I figured they were good after they dealt Speights and Ellington -- guess not. I wouldn't have made both deals. Now they have no depth AND don't have a player that can create his own shots on the perimeter. I would've at least gotten Toronto to include that kid Ross in the deal. Now Toronto has 3 young, improving high-flyers on that squad.

The Grizz' future looks bright, though. Now that Ed Davis is there, Zebo better not get too comfortable.

we blew out the cavs and traded prince for, in all honesty, a pretty damn good veteran PG in jose calderon... i haven't been sold on brandon knight yet, but holy shit, with the bigs we got, we need a true PG... this trade could possibly put us into the playoffs... we've always had a logjam at the SF position anyways and we just traded two of them... kyle singler is really doing well in that spot...

but i will always remember tayshaun prince... a true d-town legend :salute:...

it was legit, and one of the best moments in playoffs history... sadly, it's the only year we sniffed success out of the 6 years in a row we made it to the eastern conference finals... came close the following year, but lost to the spurs in the last 5 minutes of game 7 :(...

its okay,even if they made the playoffs,got to the finals somehow what are they gonna do when they go against the heat in finals?same with any other team in the west. even the thunder unless one of the big three got injured.

Why the hell would you give up Thomas Robinson for these yo yo's...

i am still scratching my head over that one... 5th pick in the draft and you're already giving up on him...

meanwhile, my team is playing pretty poorly since our 7th pick went down, andre drummond...