2013-2014 is going to be interdasting.

The East: Does anyone think the Nets will be a greater force in the East with Pierce, Garnett, and Terry? Their starting lineup will be impressive, but they don't have much depth on the bench. Most of the East appears to be tanking for Wiggins, so here are my early picks for teams to make the playoffs.

Heat

Bulls

Pacers

Nets

Knicks

Cavs

Pistons

Hawks

The West: I'm really liking the look of the Warriors now that they have Iguodala. If Lee can stay injury free, I think they can go further in the playoffs. I don't think Howard will bring that much to the Rockets, but he will be getting coached by the dream, so who knows? The Pelicans have a pretty solid lineup, so they should be in contention to at least make the playoffs. The Lakers have no hope. My predictions

Spurs

Thunder

Warriors

Grizzlies

Clippers

Rockets

Pelicans

Timberwolves

i think the pistons did enough this offseason to sneak into the playoffs this year... josh smith, while probably not the absolute best fit, will be a huge upgrade over anything else we run out there at the 3, but he can also play in the paint to give monroe and dummond some rest... and speaking of drummond... holy crap, i think he's about to "arrive" this year... he's going to be the best center in the league in a few years, but until he gets the jumper and free throws down, he's always going to be on the fringe... he's fucking talented, humble, and an unbelievable steal in the draft last year...

we're going to be really good on defense, it's scary to think how much of an impact that will make... like i said, we're a playoff team, but probably not gonna make any noise when we get there... but getting there is a huge plus after the crappy seasons we've had since the billups trade...

Since someone else did it, I'm gonna do my predictions:

East:

1 Bulls 60-22

2 Heat 60-22

3 Pacers 55-27

4 Nets 52-30

5 Cavs 50-32

6 Knicks 45-37

7 Pistons 42-40

8 Wizards 39-43

On the bubble:

Celtics 38-44

Hawks 37-45

West:

1 Thunder 59-23

2 Spurs 58-24

3 Warriors 58-24

4 Rockets 56-26

5 Grizzlies 55-27

6 Clippers 52-30

7 Pelicans 44-38

8 Nuggets 43-39

On the bubble:

Timberwolves 41-41

Trail Blazers 40-42

Awards and Accolades:

MVP- Kevin Durant

Defensive POY- Roy Hibbert

Rookie of the Year- Victor Oladipo

Comeback POY- Derrick Rose

Sixth Man- Jarrett Jack

All NBA First Team:

Chris Paul

James Harden

Lebron James

Kevin Durant

Dwight Howard

All Rookie First Team:

CJ McCollum

Victor Oladipo

Ben McLemore

Otto Porter

Stephen Adams

lol, so Andrew Bynum is going to the Cavs. Surely that makes last years four way trade between the Sixers, Nuggets, Lakers, and Magic the biggest waste of time and money in recent NBA history. Howard left the Lakers, Iguodala left the Nuggets, and now Bynum's leaving the Sixers after a stellar season...

If nothing else this Tankapalooza has made things a whole lot more interesting at the top of each conference.

Another reason why my interest in the NBA is shrinking. It's the only pro sport where teams purposely just tank for a higher pick. Or at least it's most evident in the NBA

I would be pissed if my team, on the brink of competing, just traded all their assets away to tank to get the top pick, when it's not even guaranteed that the worst will get you the top pick. Just ask the Bobcats...

• Like 1

that's why they created the lottery, to prevent guys from tanking to get the #1... it's how cleveland ended up with #1 the year they drafted lebron... although, going to his homestate team seemed kind of fishy...

i am happy for the billups signing... if brandon knight can pick his brain, it'll help fortify him at the PG because billups is a true PG... a vocal team leader and mentor... he knows how to play the game the right way... so it's up to knight if he's willing to learn...

I don't get it, but teams in the NBA still try to tank even with the lottery. And the point you made about Lebron going to Cleveland due to the lottery is an example of how fixed the system really is. I mean, look at this year. Cleveland wasn't even a bottom 5 team I don't believe and they got the 1 overall. Seems like Emperor Stern thinks the storyline of Lebron back in Cleveland with two other former 1 overall picks at the beginning of their prime would make the NBA lots of dollars and bring in great ratings.

And with Detroit signing Billups to put Knight at the 2, I now have the Pistons up to the sixth seed in my predictions.

^i believe chauncey will be coming off the bench while knight starts... at least that's what they're saying as of today.. our 2 guy is KCP, and it's his job to lose it seems...

tanking in the NBA is kind of pointless... it used to happen all the time, it's why the lottery was created... it gives a team like cleveland, who did suck, the overall #1... and look what they did? they grabbed a guy that was probably slotted where they were originally positioned in the first place...

i really don't think teams deliberately tank... ask any athlete and they'll tell you they want to WIN, they're not gonna throw a game just so they can draft an unproven player higher at the top of the board...if they lose it's because they're just that fucking bad...

Teams don't purposely tank? Let me tell you why that's bullshit... I mean look at the Sixers, they traded away an all star point guard for a high risk rookie that I don't believe will be back til December, not sure though. Philly clearly tanked for Andrew Wiggins.

I think half the problem, aside from the supposedly deep draft next year, is that noone really knows how to value mid-tier free agents yet. Some teams are still throwing money about but they understand now that if you screw up a transaction it'll hurt you. If you screw up a draft pick it won't sting as badly... unless you're Portland.

• Like 1

now watch their rag tag team of nobodies nearly make the playoffs and screw them over...

I would lol if philly got like an 8th seed and gets a midddle of the round pick.

I think half the problem, aside from the supposedly deep draft next year, is that noone really knows how to value mid-tier free agents yet. Some teams are still throwing money about but they understand now that if you screw up a transaction it'll hurt you. If you screw up a draft pick it won't sting as badly... unless you're Portland.

Greg Oden, Brandon Roy, Sam Bowie.... Would suck to be a fan of them..

Just read some rumors for the Pistons getting Rondo. They should dump Monroe to clear up the front court for Rondo, with few other pieces involved. That would let Knight play his more natural shooting guard position and possibly move Caldwell Pope to small forward? and have Billups come off the bench.

Here is my projections if they get (Rondo for Monroe):

PG- Rondo

SG-Knight

SF- Caldwell-Pope

PF- Smith

C-Drummond

Sixth Man- Billups

I only really see one hole with that, and it's Pope's size in guarding bigger 3's. He needs to bulk up and get stronger, but is still uber athletic and has a sweet jumper. Other than that, you have a great play maker and defender at the point that will get it down low to the big guys, possibly the best young center in the league, a prized FA that can score in multiple ways at power forward, and a combo guard that can play at a very high level when not at the point. Plus, you have an experienced vet to mentor off the bench and still play pretty well. Plus, they have Tony Mitchell who seems like a stretch for and a huge value in the second round. He has the potential to play like a late lottery pick imo.

This definitely would make Detroit into a serious contender for the 4 or 5 seeds, along with the Nets, Cavs, and Knicks. Suddenly, the East doesn't look like such a joke anymore...

after signing billups there is no need for rondo... either knight gets it this year, or bynum or siva pick it up, and i am leaning more towards siva... seriously, PG is the least of our worries ATM... i think we are solid at that position... it's SG and SF that i worry about...

long term?? he's not the long term solution IMO... burke has that potential, but i still think KCP is about to make a name for himself... if knight shows the slightest bit of improvement this year, he's got a lot more weapons around him than utah IMO... this could be knight's breakout year... you heard it here first...

Why would he not be a long term solution? He would make Detroit contenders, therefore lowering his chances of bolting in FA. Rondo is one of the games best point guards, I don't understand your doubt of him being a long term franchise solution at the position. I also believe that Knight could have a breakout year, but not at the starting point guard spot. Either at shooting guard where he has played FAR better or off the bench as a combo guard and sixth man. His natural position is not at the point, he is similar to players like James Harden or especially CJ McCollum I believe that have the skills to be a point, but are more of a 2. I mean, 32 minutes and 4 assists a game doesn't really scream point guard to me.

it's a slight improvement over knight, i am not upset about it because i wasn't sold on knight anymore... if anything, the pistons are going to be really exciting to watch this year, lots of high flyers, dunk machines, speedsters and shooters... plus good defenders too ;)...