Sign in to follow this  
Commissar Tommy32

Motherboard issue?

Hi all,

So I have changed my motherboard choice and I am now going for an Asus sabertooth p67.

I just have 1 question however:

I am going to have a Heatsink Fan CPU cooler but I also want the assistance fan on the Motherboard 50x10mm. Where would the assistance fan plug in? I have heard you can connect it to a molex plug on your power supply but I don't know if thats true

Thanks in advance

Tommy

The molexers will just cost extra money and don't provide full voltage due to the low-reactance voltage capacitors they have in them. I've been dealing within computers for over 20 years, so i know what i'm talking about.

Motherboard

You see that square in the middle? Well thats where you mount the assistance fan. I just want to know where to plug it in. It has a 4 pin connector (I believe) [the fan this is]

Fan [50x10mm]

I was just wondering where to connect it to as the 4 pin CPU Fan Slot will be taken.

Sorry For The Double Post [Please don't ban me :( ]

I have read the whole manual online and there is a very small connector for the 50x10mm fan to connect into but i could not see it :D

Sorry for wasting time

Also it was on page 60 of the online manual (Yeah I had a lot of free time today ;) )

Thanks for your help anyway,

Tommy

Normally you can get molex adaptors for your PSU that will work with any type of fan, if you don't have any free motherboard plug-ins. I've not used that motherboard before, but there are normally power plugs for CPU fans at the top near the CPU slot.