Sign in to follow this  
CalumLeo

Driving Mechanics

Would everyone prefer the realism of GTA iV driving mechanics which just was an incredible amount of over steer through fast corners and chasers, or would people prefer the more unrealistic and immensely more fun mechanics of the likes of San Andreas and Vice City. Which allowed you to fly round corners with a bit of hand brake and power?

• Like 1

I thought in IV the mechanics were just if you accelerated you just got over steer and then run someone over! Least they stopped the pedestrians jumping into your car's path like in SA. But I would prefer better acceleration like you said but being able to fly round corners instead of smashing into everything with over steer

Somewhere inbetween, but I don't want to get a shitty realistic car that can't turn for shit. But I want to get a sweet sports-car and drift through the highway unrealistically.

well yes and no, i reckon ther was 2 much over steer and to much rolling of the car, the acceleration was pretty slow looking

and i think the damage to the car should be more realistic,how ever, i was impressed at how much the graphics had advanced from previous GTA games. i do find it ccol when they put realistic cars in the game change the bumper etc a little then put it under different names :)

Faster cars need more torque and stiffer suspension. If you floor an Infernus at a set of lights, it should wheelspin uncontrollably. Through a corner it should stay flat but be disturbed by small bumps in the road.

I'd also like it if they got rid of the constant redlining when you floor it. I could understand if it's while you're drifting but in a straight line the main character should be able to change gear properly. Then again, it is America and we know what they're like with manual cars :D

• Like 1

Lol i would love to see Dirt 3 Physics ! (Never gonna happen) i know but wouldent it be great.

On a more realistic note : AS was fine , maybe like that but with more acceleration .

Lol i would love to see Dirt 3 Physics ! (Never gonna happen) i know but wouldent it be great.

On a more realistic note : AS was fine , maybe like that but with more acceleration .

I meant SA .