Sign in to follow this  
Commissar Tommy32

What about us PC gamers?

Hi all,

Well everyone is hunting for a release date for the game but I don't care too much for the console release date I want to know when it will be available for the PC.

So when do you think it will be available? 6 months after is my guess.

Also how many of you are going to be playing GTA V on PC?

Tommy

I'm gonna buy it for PS3 first, then later on I'll get it for PC. I prefer it on PC, controls and graphics are usually better. I guess it will release a few months later than the consoles, but this time I hope it's better formatted for PC.

I don't think it would be PS3 exclusive as R* will want money and most of their money comes from PC and Xbox 360 in GTA IV the least copies were sold on PS3. Also if they want to harness the power then why restrict the game to PS3 PC's can be SO much faster than the PS3 and much better looking (graphically)

I don't think it would be PS3 exclusive as R* will want money and most of their money comes from PC and Xbox 360 in GTA IV the least copies were sold on PS3. Also if they want to harness the power then why restrict the game to PS3 PC's can be SO much faster than the PS3 and much better looking (graphically)

Most money doesn't come from PC, what the hell are you talking about? And the least copies were sold on PC as well, not PS3. Consoles are ahead of PC's for gaming (not performance-wise, but just sales wise) by far.

And why the fuck would they make the game SO much faster on PC so that it would have to be PC exlcusive? That would completely ruin sales.... And it would have better performance if it was PS3 exclusive than multi-platform, have you seen GTA IV on PC? worst performance ever, hopefully they have learnt from their mistakes. And the graphics were limited a lot by the Xbox 360.

And also, who said it was PS3 exclusive?

Sorry i missed a step...when was it mentioned it would be PS3 exclusive..or u just saying?

Click on Tree Fitty's link it says that

Most money doesn't come from PC, what the hell are you talking about? And the least copies were sold on PC as well, not PS3. Consoles are ahead of PC's for gaming (not performance-wise, but just sales wise) by far.

And why the fuck would they make the game SO much faster on PC so that it would have to be PC exlcusive? That would completely ruin sales.... And it would have better performance if it was PS3 exclusive than multi-platform, have you seen GTA IV on PC? worst performance ever, hopefully they have learnt from their mistakes. And the graphics were limited a lot by the Xbox 360.

And also, who said it was PS3 exclusive?

Again tree Fitty's link. Also I never said make it PC exclusive I want it on all 3 consoles I am saying that if it was PS3 exclusive they would lose a large audience as PS3 had the least sales from GTA IV [saw it on a post by a R* Financial executive]. There was no need to go into a rage about my post when I never said I want PC exclusive. One more thing I said it was faster as TreeFitty's link says that they want to use the "power" of the PS3 to have it as an exclusive and I was just stating the PC has more power so why restrict it to PC.

i hope that it will be released in ps3 xbox 360 and pc simultaneously. i cant wait for more than half a year to play gta v on pc!!!

• Like 1

I can personaly say that PC has more performance and vusials than PS3

(If you spent same cash on a good pc).A mate of mine has a PS3 and I

Have a PC ,and let me tell you something the PS3 lags when you play

GTA4 so no one can say otherwise as I have seen it with my own eyes.

I have no prob on what platforms R* releases GtA5 1st or last ,as

long as they release It on PC ,I'm happy.

• Like 1

It will be a cold day in hell before the PS3 got GTA 5 as an exclusive. GTA IV sold much better on the 360 and incase you didn't realise they favour the Xbox 360 more, afterall we did get the exclusive DLC way before the PS3 *Smug face*, if they made GTA 5 a PS3 exclusive it would be suicide basically. Rockstar want sales which = Xbox 360, the game console that is still currently the top console (according to a few researchers, including IGN). PS3 exclusive is just a silly thing to say.

But I think it will be released shortly for PC after this time around, I dare say it will only be a week behind, they will be more prepared than they were with GTA IV. :)

I did read the whole thing and I saw the first paragraph but it still says PS3 exclusive so I was just saying why that would be a bad idea for R*

Obviously you read it and obviously didn't understand it. It [The link] says "PS3 Exclusive" and that an article claims it to be PS3 Exclusive it doesn't mean it will be and exclusive game. Rockstar would lose over half the profits if it was an exclusive game they're not going to do something to lose money.

.... you didn't realise they favour the Xbox 360 more, afterall we did get the exclusive DLC way before the PS3 *Smug face* ....

Wrong, Microsoft paid $50,000,000 for the timed exclusive DLC's, so NO they don't favor Xbox 360.

• Like 1

[quote name='Commissar Tommy32' timestamp='1329241098' po

.... you didn't realise they favour the Xbox 360 more, afterall we did get the exclusive DLC way before the PS3 *Smug face* ....

Wrong, Microsoft paid $50,000,000 for the timed exclusive DLC's, so NO they don't favor Xbox 360.

I was just about to post that...:)

Rockstar prefers GTA on Playstation. The only reason Xbox 360 got exclusive content was because they paid FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS for it. If our Platforms page is correct and Sony have more or less given Rockstar a blank cheque (lets say $100 million or more), there is a possibility it could be PS3 exclusive - at least for a year or something.

I personally only bought an Xbox 360 and bought the game for 360 because I couldn't wait for the DLC to come to PS3. Therefore, there will be people who will buy a PS3 just to play GTA 5. It's impossible to say most people preferred to buy GTA IV on 360 because the 360 had extra incentives to buy that version. If the PS3 had DLC exclusivity, maybe people would have bought that instead.

But going back to my original point, from the people I've spoken to at R* (although admittedly they're not developers), they mostly all feel GTA is in its rightful place on the Playstation and feels better with a PS controller.

• Like 1

I can personaly say that PC has more performance and vusials than PS3

(If you spent same cash on a good pc).A mate of mine has a PS3 and I

Have a PC ,and let me tell you something the PS3 lags when you play

GTA4 so no one can say otherwise as I have seen it with my own eyes.

I have no prob on what platforms R* releases GtA5 1st or last ,as

long as they release It on PC ,I'm happy.

Well done for stating the obvious. Everyone knows that games perform better on PC and are better graphically. But GTA IV on PC was just a terrible port, I've played it on PC and PS3 extensively and to play it on high settings with a PC, you need a really good computer, and it still lags. On PS3 I've never experienced lag with GTA IV.

And regarding the bold, bitch please you aren't the deciding factor between if something lags or not, it takes more than one account of something for it to be fact.

I was just about to post that... :)

And its gonna happen again! Cos Xbox 360 gets money! They g-g-g-g-get money son! You better get wit that 360 paper son! xD But still my points are very strong, they still made more money with the Xbox 360. No one even has to give it a second thought if they have a decent head on their shoulders, of course its gonna be on the 360. GTA will never be exclusive to anything lol

I was just about to post that... :)

And its gonna happen again! Cos Xbox 360 gets money! They g-g-g-g-get money son! You better get wit that 360 paper son! xD But still my points are very strong, they still made more money with the Xbox 360. No one even has to give it a second thought if they have a decent head on their shoulders, of course its gonna be on the 360. GTA will never be exclusive to anything lol

It was PS2 exclusive back in the day.

GTA was never exclusive to Playstation it also released on PC (nintendo doesn't release M rated games) and when Microsoft launched Xbox in 2005 San Andreas came out for Xbox the same year and then the rest of the III series followed except for VCS & LCS.

GTA was never exclusive to Playstation it also released on PC (nintendo doesn't release M rated games) and when Microsoft launched Xbox in 2005 San Andreas came out for Xbox the same year and then the rest of the III series followed except for VCS & LCS.

Okay let me rephrase that.

Once upon a time, GTA was only available on PS2.