Thought i'd make a more generic version of Smafugula's thread.

Do you care for gore in GTA games? Do you want to see more realistic gore in V?

Personally I think it'd make the game more fun due to the modern physics engine. Being able to pop heads in VC/3 wasn't that big of a deal, but I think with current physics it'd make blasting people with rocket launchers much more enjoyable. The blood/gore in IV was pretty tame compared to many other games.

I'd also like to see more realistic injuries. I.e, if you run over someone, i'd like to see them end up with limbs bent the wrong way, or see people crawling away with a leg injury, as opposed to limping all the time. Obviously it depends on what the software is capable of, but I can dream nonetheless.

Thoughts?

not saw level gore, but broken limps and more realistic injuries, i don't really want to to see really nasty stuff, thought blowing up a person would be cool. no know what, fuck that last ting, MoAr GoAr!

I think it would be cool if when you slice a bitches neck off, she bled flowers instead of blood, as they are easier to clean up.... So I'm going to say no thanks to gore

My Penis, Your Ass

I sugested a Gore Level System in the other thread. Im not retyping it though, so if you want to see it, checkout the other thread...

More Gore! More Gore!

Not slicing off limbs and smashing brains gore, but visible bullet wounds, decapitation, and more realistic injuries in general, but not over the top.

Make this a poll.

• Like 1

RDR's level of gore was perfect, in my opinion (if I remember correctly, you could actually blow a hole through someone's head). No real reason to push it any further than that, they'd just be asking for more bullshit from the media.

I dont want it to be too horrorish...however ripping limbs off with a chainsaw, choppin off there head with that big knife sword thig and lots of blood is fine. I think the gore could go up a notch, people generally bleed out more than a teaspoon of blood when stabed, so more realistic gore tbh.

So yes MoAr GoRe but not OTT.

I'm not so much bothered about blowing limbs off, although they would add to the realism. I'm just hoping they have disabled limbs, for instance, if I shoot someone in the leg, they should limp or drag that leg, that would also help the level of realism.

I would love it (even if it's turned on with a cheat) where you can just destroy people. A direct hit with an RPG more or less vaporises them... Shotgun blasts can blow their limbs off... constantly shooting dead bodies will make their head come off etc. Blood everywhere. Cars skidding on the blood from massacred predestrians. Eyeballs popping out. Throwing somebody's lung at someone else!

Might be a bit over the top but I'd like to see a lot more gore than previous games. Wish people would stop worrying about what the media say, as soon as the game's released it'll sell a shit load the controversy will only make it more popular.

• Like 1

i want max payne 3 level gore like if i shoot someone in the face with a assault rifle or shot gun i want part of it gone. and if i shoot your leg dont hop back u clutching your stomach that was lame.

i want max payne 3 level gore like if i shoot someone in the face with a assault rifle or shot gun i want part of it gone. and if i shoot your leg dont hop back u clutching your stomach that was lame.

Sounds like you also want a 20 year prison sentence.

bullet wounds with firearms and dismemberment with melee weapons. real injuries: crawling, limping, hopping, holding injured area. higher level of blood splatter and and different sized bullet holes when using a bigger gun. don't wanna see any intestines or brains but when somebody catches on fire they could look all burnt instead of looking perfectly fine and bending over walking away like they have a tummy ache.

Either a gore cheat or setting would be the best of both worlds. For sunday drivers who don't want it, have it off. For those of us who think smashing someone against a wall with a bus would be a hell of a lot more fun with more realistic gore, we can have it turned on.

My main problem with the gore/injury mechanics in IV was the fact that no matter what the wound, the person would always limp away clutching their chest. Which was really gay and unrealistic. If i'm beating someone to death with a bat, I wanna watch them crawl a few spaces before I smash them over the head again. In IV you have to stop aiming, run toward them, aim at them again, and swing, hoping you hgit them in time before they managed to limp a few feet out of range.

In moderation, I think it would be excellent. Visible bullet wounds and broken limbs, etc., most definitely. But no gibbing or whatever. That's just silly and ends up detracting from the realism. For instance, in IV, there were some spots on a character which, should they be hit by a bullet, would spurt blood for a few seconds. I remember seeing Niko's chest and back full of bullet holes after a gun battle with cops.

School shooters are don't get influence from videogames, the parents just need something to blame, and since videogames weren't part of their generation they instantly hate them, so that's what they blame. Probably.

If anything, videogames stop people from killing in real life. Why buy an expensive gun and waste energy going on one massacre when you can do it in a videogame countless times?

This thread is stupid I think GTA wouldn't be the same without some gore if anything they need more

I honestly think R* isn't actually going to go that far, its not a gruesome, blow you apart, game. In the trailer you can visibly see how colorful and vibrant the games atmosphere was, I just can't see them putting such grusome stuff in the game, its not like FallOut 3 where your wandering around a burned down desolate world, its the exact opposite actually.

Don't get me wrong id love to have the game with blown off arms and heads and everything inbetween but its so out there and untouched by sandbox games and really most games in general that for R* to make that leep to it, I can't see that game being GTAV.

This thread is stupid I think GTA wouldn't be the same without some gore if anything they need more

What are you talking about? Where was the gore in IV? There was none, the worst there was was the pool of blood after being killed....