Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

Gran Turismo 5

Ok I have one question regarding this game; Why are the B-spec drivers so retardedly fucking useless?! They brake unnecessarily and much earlier than the other AI drivers, they rarely use full throttle unless the road is perfectly straight, they don't overtake even when you tell them to, when they spin off (which they inevitably will if you keep telling them to speed up) they wait like stupid gormless cunts for every other gormless cunt to pass you before calmly setting off again at the slowest possible speed, they won't try to block cars from overtaking - in fact it seems to me like they pull to one side and let the other cars past. There aren't enough commands to give to them, "decrease pace" "maintain pace" "increase pace" and "overtake" just won't do... I want one that says "WIN THE FUCKING RACE YOU STUPID FUCKING USELESS CUNT!1!1!" Just now I had my level 22 driver in a Veyron, and he was stuck behind three other cars (Mazdas, Hondas and other average stuff) doing about 60mph, then he slowed down even more and let several other cars pass, all the while i'm mashing the increase pace option knowing as soon as he hits a corner he'll spin off (while doing about 30mph.)

So yeah, i'm pissed off... :mellow:

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

Haven't tried B-Spec yet, but going by your rant I'd better keep it that way. I have a habit of destroying my TV's when I'm pissed off and that shit can be expensive.

they are pretty useless tbh. If you give them a powerful car at a low level they fail because they can't handle the wheel spin. >If you give them a standard car which all the other AI drivers have, they're not going to win. You just have to find a mid range car and stick with it for a while until you can't use it. I find that if you keep using the same car they do improve a little over time. Then you change car and it just fucks their mental ability up.

Haven't tried B-Spec yet, but going by your rant I'd better keep it that way. I have a habit of destroying my TV's when I'm pissed off and that shit can be expensive.

Same. It doesn't really appeal to me anyway, Juiced had a similar option and I didn't like it then, I would much rather just race myself. If there's trophies attached to that mode I will probably play it eventually, but I expect it will bore me to tears.

It's good for getting money while you sit there and do fuck all. But generally the races require twice as many laps as the equivalent A-spec race and give only half the winnings.

I think it would be better for B-spec drivers to "learn" from the way you drive and mimic it to an extent, I mean I tend to not bother braking into corners if there are other cars in front of me, instead I try to t-bone them, which slows me down and knocks them off course allowing me to overtake. Also a few tracks have tight chicanes that you can basically glide over without braking (the Monza Circuit, a couple in the Circuit de la Sarthe and the Suzuka Circuit.) I use these to overtake if i'm falling behind or just to gain a few seconds advantage.

It's boring if you use the Formula Gran Turismo especially the long races. Yay I'm 15 laps ahead, yawn...

I've given up saving for that fucker. And when I was doing the endurance races I was about 20 laps ahead, I was so bored I was trying to PIT the other cars and cause big crashes. It was fun making them skid off onto the sand and then watch them crawl back while being overtaken. Well, it subdued the tedium for a few moments anyway.

Guest Marney1

I haven't touched this since we played together online. Just can't be arsed going through all the setting up processes which is a shame really because I used to love the old Gran Turismo's.

They've improved loading times. Anyone noticed any difference? I really want to get back into this driving sim tbh... I love modding up my cars ready for big races. And i never did any of the endurance races. Now is my chance to finish it :)

Guest Marney1

I suppose GT5 deserves another chance. When I get round to giving it that chance I'm not sure, but if I can't get into it next time it's getting given to my bro' along with my PS3. (Looking at getting a new slim model)

Guest Marney1

I'm downloading the free bit now. I finally get to see what some of my older classic cars look like inside!

More downloading to be done? Fuck, hope it's all worth it. If not I'll just wait for Midnight Club 5 before I touch another racing game.

Can someone tell me how to embed this video here?

Well, the in-car views are pretty shit. They're just black silhouettes and the hands move on an invisible steering wheel. Pretty cheap, but meh. Atleast they have the viewpoint. I prefer playing from in-car.

Well, the in-car views are pretty shit. They're just black silhouettes and the hands move on an invisible steering wheel. Pretty cheap, but meh. Atleast they have the viewpoint. I prefer playing from in-car.

yeah... well, the in-car view works well with standard cars like the caterham, tank car or formula 1... not as good as premiums but its ok... it doesnt really bother me cause i never play with that view.

by the way, if you like watching the GT5 videos like me, you might want to download the new 2.0 intro movie that replaces the old one... i like it a lot more than the old one, and i dont have to listen to that shitty my chemical romance song.

Year old Bump. Judging from the looks of it nobody plays this game as religiously as I still do occasionally. I saw Kamahl on once or twice. And btw, B-Spec is important, get's you some ridiculously expensive/rare cars. Anyway Coinciding with the VGAs they released the prototype of the 2014 Corvette C7 for download.