Sign in to follow this  
Qdeathstar

If GTA 5 Was DLC Only Would You Still Buy It?

Would you buy GTA 5 if it was download-only?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't make a poll on the iPhone but if it were dlc only, as some rumors have floated, all else equal would you still buy the game

My Penis, Your Ass

I'd never be able to finish the download on my connection, so no, I wouldn't buy it. I would, however, fly to NYC and chuck a few molotovs at R* HQ. For once, people would be correct in blaming a crime on GTA.

• Like 2

Guest Marney

I'd be highly pissed off but yeah I'd wait for a week while it downloaded.

I always get the disc over the download if I have the option...who hasn't had a console die on them?...but if that's the only way to get the game, I'm in - and so are millions of others. Duh.

• Like 1

I would buy it... but 50gigs would take along time...

50 Gigs? where'd that number come from. I'd buy it but it was 50GB's I'd be cursing and screaming the whole time it downloaded. I've also noticed that everyone here say's it would take forever, here I thought my internet was utter shit because I live in a small town/village but I can atleast download at a constant 1GB every 10-20 minutes.

I reckon Rockstar will take a lot of heat and will loose a lot of sales if they make it digital copy only. Yeah technology is advancing and more media is online these days, but "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

now since R* tends to make big noise concerning the cover artwork of gta (just remember the artwork trailer for gta4) I doubt it will be download only.

for the question itself, I think I won't download, for the pure lack of hdd space as my ps3 is a first gen ps3 with just a handfull of gb (and I'm too lazy to swap for a bigger hdd).

also I'm no fan of buying online, unless I can pay via transaction or cod, so my answer would be no.

But since EFLC eventually ended up in a physical form, I guess the game will do the same, either right from the start or some time later.

I wouldn't expect to see a DLC-only major title released on this generation of consoles...mostly because they wouldn't be able to make as much money doing it that way.

If its DLC then they lose out on any customers without high-speed internet connections, people who have high speed but no XBox Live, and people with older PS3s and 360s with little to no HDD space to save such a large game to.