Psy

Website Problems/Issues/Requests

um... Your computer has software to decipher java scripting. Otherwise the coding would look like gibberish to the web browser and half the things on websites these days wouldn't work or show up.

>>> click this and see what it says.

afaik? really?

It tells me...

Verified Java Version

Congratulations!

You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 26).

But this is the Java plugin, not Javascript. They are different. Javascript is not a plugin or otherwise installed, it's just code that runs from the websites, directly in the browser. (Maybe not totally spot-on, but I think I'm close.)

I guess my browser is a bit dated, perhaps that is why. I sometimes use a different computer with a newer browser and I don't think the error occured there, but I can't say for sure.

Could be caused by any number of things, including any plugins you have installed - ad blockers etc, could be an old browser or could be a bug with the site, but it's not one I've ever seen.

Cheers Psy! I can feel at ease with that knowledge. It doesn't happen every time I visit so it's okay.

Another thing I noticed the other day (that is not a problem btw), is this on the main forum page:

Most members ever online in one day was 38, last accomplished on 11 May 2011.

That's awesome!! It's about one third of the members. (Y)

Another place on the same page it reads:

Online At Once Record

Really? This last number must be including both members and guests and then some.

Given the numbers of spambots on the other site, that last number could have been very high there. :D

• Like 3

We've got a glitch in the forum reputation system. I don't know how many are affected by it, but my own rep had gone from 1 point to 18 points while I was away a few hours.

And now after I signed in, it went from 18 to 28 in about two minutes. :blink: Here's not enough people online to explain this so I don't know what the fuck is going on in the database...

• Like 5

Guest Marney

I can't upload any files (pics) from my computer. I haven't tried doing anything different as usual and I haven't tried uploading anything over the maximum size. Might be my end but I'm just saying.

I can't upload any files (pics) from my computer. I haven't tried doing anything different as usual and I haven't tried uploading anything over the maximum size. Might be my end but I'm just saying.

Try now?

Random pic coming up...

Yup, works now cheers, what was the problem?

You've uploaded more than 20MB of stuff across all your posts. I've set the limit for gold members to nearer 50MB now. If you hit the limit again you'll need to delete old attachments here: http://www.igta5.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

66 in three days? Looks like we'll have to give you the Marney treatment just to maintain the stability of the forums. It's nothing personal, we just need to keep your rep negative, or the forums will implode and we'll have to go back to the GTA-SanAndreas.com forums.

• Like 1

If it's an error then the admins will fix it, no need for special treatment.

When I don't find enough posts worth upvoting, I give you my full quota. You probably deserve to have the most rep, but you don't deserve 300 points. But I don't see any reason to give you a "Marney treatment".

But I'm going to downvote you now just because you didn't undo the unjust negative rep I got. (It's nothing personal, and I'll probably return to my habit of upvoting you.)

• Like 5

^ Yes, one particular member has been stuck at "Forum Nazi" since he reached -650 ages ago. He's been a bit cranky the last couple weeks, I think he's bored of being stuck at the same title for so long. :v

-999... Psy must hurry up...

About my own rep again... I got 72 points now which is unreasonable much, it makes me feel ashamed! Some admin please shave 40 - 50 points off my rep. I want it edited, I don't want to have posts downvoted.

Edited by Demon
  • Like 7

I got bored coming up with new names just for Marney. He can stay at Forum Nazi forever for all I care. I made up about 50 different ranks and because of you lot, he flew past all of them before anyone had a chance to read them...

Surely there should be a limit to the amount of reputation you should be able to give out in one day as well as some kind of ratio of good to bad reputation designated or it just completely defeats the point of the system, hence shown.

I got bored coming up with new names just for Marney. He can stay at Forum Nazi forever for all I care. I made up about 50 different ranks and because of you lot, he flew past all of them before anyone had a chance to read them...

Only 25 points differ each rank, maybe there should be a new rank for every 100 points. And for every 250 points after -1000. Just an idea.

Another way to do it, is to simply ban Marney and make him register with a new account. :v

Who support this idea? :P

Surely there should be a limit to the amount of reputation you should be able to give out in one day as well as some kind of ratio of good to bad reputation designated or it just completely defeats the point of the system, hence shown.

We have a limit, it is five negative and five positive votes per day for ordinary members. (I think the staff quota is double that.)

• Like 5

my rep keeps going down but i dont think thats a glitch :unsure:

and i keep getting a pop up from some website suggesting i chat with sexy singles online in facebook, kinda annoying giving the fact that it stays in the same place on my screen, and i cant remove it

About my own rep again... I got 72 points now which is unreasonable much, it makes me feel ashamed! Some admin please shave 40 - 50 points off my rep. I want it edited, I don't want to have posts downvoted.

Was my rep ever edited? Psy or Duff feel free to edit my points to a level that suits me better, if you wish.

and i keep getting a pop up from some website suggesting i chat with sexy singles online in facebook, kinda annoying giving the fact that it stays in the same place on my screen, and i cant remove it

Ah, that is the Mass plugin, we all have it. It can't be removed, but you can feed it and it will entertain you with funny comments about sex, blood and violence.

• Like 7

Was my rep ever edited? Psy or Duff feel free to edit my points to a level that suits me better, if you wish.

We'd need to shave off more than 40-50 now. Considering Vicey and Fitty are only in their 30's, I think mid to upper twenties would be fair for you.