Psy

Website Problems/Issues/Requests

You can't even spoof headers to get the "desktop" version.... it seems like it gets ahold of your phones display size and then decides how to display the forums.

On the mobile version on my mini-tablet, I can see the notifications button in the top right, with a number in a red circle if there are any, but selecting it does nothing, there's no pop-out to see what the notifications actually are.  Nor can I see status updates anywhere. 

The forums use a responsive template now. That basically means it scales to fit your device width. Lots of sites do that now as it's much easier to maintain as you only have one website and template to look after. It does mean that you are forced into seeing the mobile view on a mobile though but generally that's a good thing. I'll be rebuilding the front end sites to work in the same way. That said, there shouldn't be issues where buttons don't work so we'll have to look into that.

I noticed this morning on the mobile version that I can't select reply boxes or send messages, it won't bring up the keyboard when I'm in a text field, so I can't even type anything on mobile, it restricts me to viewing the forums only, no main site, Activitiy or Chat links, no access to mod CP either. Not sure if that's solely because of issues with the new site, it might also be the tablet's capacity, it is essentially a primitive Android browser on an e-reader. But it worked fine before and still does on other sites, for the most part.

Lol nice massacre. 

I know the admin team have been fixing up the dark skin but i thought i'd mention this incase you guys aren't aware yet.

The notifications window is still bright white when activities have been seen. 

Quotes are still looking white too.

6 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

Not perfect but I think I got most of the colors adjusted. Good enough to make it default.

I can make any additional changes by editing the custom stylesheet. If people provide me with a screenshot of stuff that looks dodgy I can manually override it in the custom CSS.

I've been using IPB's custom CSS sheet. It's like a built-in override.

The only thing that bugs me is the lighter text in text boxes (like when making a reply). It uses the same class as the forum posts. Might be easier to make the text boxes almost black. Looks a little weird, though.

Is there any way to read more than three replies at a time to status updates? And, is there a way for a visual indicator to show up when people are in the chat room?

• Like 1

Yeah the chat room thing would be a good idea. 

I do do like it though, before I hated the mobile site and couldn't post on the web one very well as the text box wouldn't display properly so I'm a fan so far. 

Im not sure how to post a status update on here anymore, mind. 

The mobile site still doesn't work on my tablet, none of the text boxes display so I can't reply or comment. 

There's a "What's on your mind" box on your profile page to enter a status update, as well as at the top of the feed on the full site view.

12 hours ago, gtagrl said:

Is there any way to read more than three replies at a time to status updates?

There isn't an option so it may need to be recoded like the tags.

12 hours ago, gtagrl said:

And, is there a way for a visual indicator to show up when people are in the chat room?

For some reason the link that's supposed to automatically appear for chat won't show and I had to make my own link (just like the iGTA5.com/news/info/guides links). I assume the link that's supposed to be there would show how many people are chatting.

• Like 1

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Mercy Cortez said:

Yeah that doesn't show on my phone - looks like no more status updates for me, as can't get desktop site on there. 

@Mercy Cortez 

Same thing happened to me. You need to activate status updates in your settings.

i see the status updates on my phone if i scroll beyond the forum sections... however, there isn't any easy navigation to posting one... also, why isn't there a desktop option for those of us who are willing to view this site like we were at home on our computers?? that's how i used to navigate before the update, i wouldn't mind seeing that option at the bottom of the page again ;) 

i'm also with gtagrl in the limited banter on the feed posts... why must i scroll thru page after page when there's only a handful of responses?? perhaps make it 10 per each status update? i know we don't get a lot of action on the site unless there's something gta related or a new R* game, but little things like this certainly help ;) 

• Like 1

For chat see if there's a way to show one or more people are in the chat on the Forum page