marneyknuckle

What game has the biggest map?

Has anybody ever taken into account MMORPG maps? Runescape's is pretty big, I'd imagine World of Warcrafts is even bigger. I've never played JC2 so Im unsure how big it is in reality.

Has anybody ever taken into account MMORPG maps? Runescape's is pretty big, I'd imagine World of Warcrafts is even bigger. I've never played JC2 so Im unsure how big it is in reality.

WoW's map is in the pic on the first page.

Love the huge size and variety of the Just Cause 2 map. The grappling hook & parachute combo method of travel is hypnotic, I used it as often as helicopters, my favourite way to get around.

Now that's a sandbox.

I heard that Skyrim is around the same size of oblivion's Cyrodiil, maybe slightly smaller. So, not very large compared to many of the other maps in here.

/edit.

Oh here you go:

Skyrim Tamriel Worldspace: 3808 x 3008 [ 119 x 94 TES4 size cells ] = 6.9km x 5.4km = 37.6 sq km = 14.5 sq miles

Oblivion Cyrodiil Worldspace: 4288 x 4128 [ 134 x 129 TES4 size cells ] = 7.7km x 7.4km = 57 sq km = 22 sq miles

Morrowind Vvardenfell World: 2688 x 2816 [ 84 x 88 TES4 size cells ] = 4.8km x 5km = 24 sq km = 9.3 sq miles

http://forums.bethso...map-comparison/

Map size is worthless if there's no quality behind it, in my opinion. Like Just Cause 2, sure it was big, but it was just copied and pasted shit. A map like LC from GTA IV was incredibly detailed, and quite large. Same with games like Skyrim and San Andreas (for it's generation).

• Like 1

Yeah I've been playing JC2 the last few days and it's a good thing they let you get around quickly with the parachute/grappling hook combo and via the Black Market, because the number of times you end up in the middle of fucking nowhere is ridiculous. All it does is give a little justification for having fighter jets in the game, but that's about it. The game would have otherwise been exactly the same on a map a quarter of the size.