marneyknuckle

What game has the biggest map?

I was wondering this for quite some time, not sure where to post it so mods, pls feel free to move/remove.

I've tried google, but couldnt find a definate answer. so what game really has the biggest map?

Lol no I did google that, just so many mixed opinions. No hard facts. I think just cause 2 that maps massive

bOnEs' pic is accurate. I forget the original source, but all the stats were explained the first time I saw the pic.

Lol no I did google that, just so many mixed opinions. No hard facts. I think just cause 2 that maps massive

bOnEs' pic is accurate. I forget the original source, but all the stats were explained the first time I saw the pic.

Thats awesome if all the stats are legit. Thx bones

Sorry but just cause map is shit...just copy and pasted buildings, towns and trees...hardly anything has the ability to enter it.

Big map..not a lot on it.

Burnout Paradise is 200mi^2, Test Drive Unlimited 600mi^2... Yet it takes an hour to get around the TDU map and about 5 minutes to get around Burnout Paradise.

Most racing games have small shitty maps with just nice visuals. When I think of a game map its usually sandbox/rpg. I dont really consider racing games to have maps, but tracks. Midnight club and need for speed were jokes, I mean the world looked great, it was just small and repetitive. At least the buildings and roads looked nice. And as far as just cause 2 goes, yeah its huge, u get a little of everything. Mountains desert jungle, but the cities sucked. Very crappy detail to them. Plus it takes f***ING forever to get from one side of the map to the other. I liked the easter eggs scattered about. Gives you somethin to look for. Ha and the international airport was fun as hell. Oh the possibilities....

just cause 2 worked like fallout and skyrim; if you make the trek all the way across the map, you unlock the ability to fast-travel to that town on the other side of the map, thus cutting the travel time down drastically... also, you start to learn of the helicopter locations and planes to help cut the travel time down even more... it doesn't hurt to liberate an airport for that very reason...

Yeah I never used extraction unless i was going to a mission. That little spyplane was dope. Got you where you need to go fast. Also fun when you master it. I downloaded the vehicle packs and was pretty disapointed. Hovercraft was cool and so was the dragonfly jet but I was expecting them to be free in the black market. Turns out they are the most expensive vehicles. And you cant even save a car in a garage or anything.

I think I did all my traveling with the grappling hook/parachute combo (and the jet boost attachment from one of the DLC's), except when the game forced a vehicle on me, or when my destination was so far I had no choice but to fly. I saw so much more of the map that way. That also explains why it took me forever to get through the missions.

• Like 1