NicodemoB

Why do you think The Lost and Damned wasn't as popular + GTA V DLC predictions

I don't know if this has been covered before, so I'll make it short so I don't waste my time on a topic that might be closed...

First of all, though TLAD sold very well, I get the overall impression that its popularity was dwarfed by The Ballad of Gay Tony and of course GTA IV itself. It seemed like once everyone had downloaded it, the buzz kind of fizzled out much quicker than TBOGT. Am I wrong in thinking that? If I'm not, why do you think that happened?

Second of all, do you believe that GTA V will have any DLCs down the road? What would you like to see?

Obviously its too early to even begin guessing at what the DLCs might be, but we have to sit here holding our dicks for the next 8+ months, so why not waste time here at the forums.....

I will leave this here because it's a relevant discussion, albeit a little early. If I close it a more retarded version of this thread will come out in a few weeks time. I'm sure Rockstar wouldn't mind a bit of critique to prevent the TLAD slump happening again.

I think the problem with TLAD was it was a generic extension to vanilla GTA IV. In itself it wasn't a bad bit of DLC, but TBOGT was so much more 'out there' with new shit to do and was generally more extravagant - parachutes, tanks, and over-the-top missions. TLAD just paled in comparison. I don't think it helped that you started off as part of a successful biker gang, and finished up in a shack in the corner of the map where it always seems to be raining. I think people expect GTA to be rags to riches. Yeah, you finished off with money, but you didn't have anything to show for it.

It wasn't long after TLAD came out that the trailers for TBOGT started rolling out, either. People's interest soon diverted.

As far as DLC for GTA 5 is concerned... Well, it's inevitable. Hopefully they continue with episodic content rather than minor content packs, but I hope they stay away from exclusivity deals. Rockstar has more than enough money. What I would want to see obviously depends on what vanilla GTA 5 is like. If it goes for the realistic feel, then an off-the-cuff expansion (a bit like TBOGT, or Undead Nightmare for RDR) to change things up a bit would be welcome.

What I didn't like in TLAD or TBOGT was how things like clothes shops were unused - if anything, more clothing styles need to be available.

I also want to see content be spread across all packs. In GTA IV, the new radio segments were in all versions of the game if you had the DLC installed IIRC, but you couldn't get new weapons and some of the new vehicles outside of that specific episode. I understand it may be a technical limitation with multiplayer free mode, since people without the content wouldn't be able to see the new cars/weapons, but I hope they find a way around it for GTA 5.

tl;dr: TLAD was boring and came out at the wrong time. GTA 5 DLC is inevitable.

Here's an idea guys: let us do the moderating. Use the report button if you want to flag something up, ta.

i know its too early to discuss dlcs but i was curious wht if they gave packie his own dlc.i honestly think it would be badass to play as packie wht are your thoughts on that and whowould you want as a dlc.someone we already know or someone you just made up.

Well sinse were all spamming/ trolling...

I didn't like tlatd because it was annoying to have to ride bikes which were a little touchy and In general a pain in the ass... Also, driving in formation

was lame and tedious....

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

I preferred TLAD to TBOGT. Didn't like the charactors in TBOGT and the whole being in a gang rather than just being another one man killing machine like all the other games was cool. And the fact you could ring up your Arms Dealer to come meet u near by was good too.

Will there be DLC's? Of course there will be. But without knowing anything really about the game yet i can't even predict what they're guna be like. This'll probably pushed down the line for a few months and eventually bumped back up when we get some new info.

I hope there is a "street thug life in the ghetto projects" DLC where you play that type of character, just to get that classic LA Gang feel in the game.

I preferred TLAD to TBOGT. Didn't like the charactors in TBOGT and the whole being in a gang rather than just being another one man killing machine like all the other games was cool. And the fact you could ring up your Arms Dealer to come meet u near by was good too.

Will there be DLC's? Of course there will be. But without knowing anything really about the game yet i can't even predict what they're guna be like. This'll probably pushed down the line for a few months and eventually bumped back up when we get some new info.

Obviously you didn't even bother completing TBoGT, as you would've noticed you can call your friend Armando to bring his gun van to nearby.

I will leave this here because it's a relevant discussion, albeit a little early.[ If I close it a more retarded version of this thread will come out in a few weeks time]. I'm sure Rockstar wouldn't mind a bit of critique to prevent the TLAD slump happening again.

I think the problem with TLAD was it was a generic extension to vanilla GTA IV. In itself it wasn't a bad bit of DLC, but TBOGT was so much more 'out there' with new shit to do and was generally more extravagant - parachutes, tanks, and over-the-top missions. TLAD just paled in comparison. I don't think it helped that you started off as part of a successful biker gang, and finished up in a shack in the corner of the map where it always seems to be raining. I think people expect GTA to be rags to riches. Yeah, you finished off with money, but you didn't have anything to show for it.

It wasn't long after TLAD came out that the trailers for TBOGT started rolling out, either. People's interest soon diverted.

As far as DLC for GTA 5 is concerned... Well, it's inevitable. Hopefully they continue with episodic content rather than minor content packs, but I hope they stay away from exclusivity deals. Rockstar has more than enough money. What I would want to see obviously depends on what vanilla GTA 5 is like. If it goes for the realistic feel, then an off-the-cuff expansion (a bit like TBOGT, or Undead Nightmare for RDR) to change things up a bit would be welcome.

What I didn't like in TLAD or TBOGT was how things like clothes shops were unused - if anything, more clothing styles need to be available.

I also want to see content be spread across all packs. In GTA IV, the new radio segments were in all versions of the game if you had the DLC installed IIRC, but you couldn't get new weapons and some of the new vehicles outside of that specific episode. I understand it may be a technical limitation with multiplayer free mode, since people without the content wouldn't be able to see the new cars/weapons, but I hope they find a way around it for GTA 5.

tl;dr: TLAD was boring and came out at the wrong time. GTA 5 DLC is inevitable.

You gave me much more than I thought was possible out of my vague and...premature OP.

I like how you smashed me while complimenting me(bolded) and still answered my shitty question. Diplomatic yet cutting. Hats off to you, guy.

Duffman is know around here as one of two thing:

Winner; the

Or

A man with a little stick who swings a big one.

My Penis, Your Ass

I hope there is a "street thug life in the ghetto projects" DLC where you play that type of character, just to get that classic LA Gang feel in the game.

Obviously you didn't even bother completing TBoGT, as you would've noticed you can call your friend Armando to bring his gun van to nearby.

I did actually. But when you complete it in 2 days and never play it again you're bound to forget things after 2-3 years.

I thought the story of TLAD was better, but everything else goes to TBoGT. It was wackier, there were more improvements to the game overall than there were in TLAD, and TLAD had too many bikes. I know its kinda the point of a motorcycle gang but I hated driving round on them for every mission.

As for DLC in V, I don't care much for a new story/more missions. I prefer it when stuff gets added to the game in general/free roam, like new cars, guns etc. I disliked the fact that there were only 2 pieces of DLC for GTA 4, I was hoping for some smaller stuff too, such as content packs or cheats. Hell, cheat DLCs would have been only kilobytes big and I hardly imagine they would be difficult to program.

So it took longer to complete the main story (ignoring side missions and other extra content) of a £15 DLC pack than it did to complete £45 worth of Modern Warfare 3... I couldn't really complain about that, tbh.

So it took longer to complete the main story (ignoring side missions and other extra content) of a £15 DLC pack than it did to complete £45 worth of Modern Warfare 3... I couldn't really complain about that, tbh.

MW3 was a joke especially the singleplayer, and the target area of play was MP, storymode is just there. But TLAD was pretty fucking amazing for a DLC, but I prefered TBoGT, I never really liked that biker style of life.

I personally preferred TLAD, TBOGT was a bit too much of a beg. The characters were too eccentric and it felt like a step backwards in terms of story and characters. I guess it's all subjective though, I personally loved GTAIV's shift to realism. If I want to play over the top sandbox games there's already a handfull to chose from.

I personally preferred TLAD, TBOGT was a bit too much of a beg. The characters were too eccentric and it felt like a step backwards in terms of story and characters. I guess it's all subjective though, I personally loved GTAIV's shift to realism. If I want to play over the top sandbox games there's already a handfull to chose from.

Yeah I liked how the physics and AI have changed as well, I doubt anyone would want to go back to the physics and graphics of the III era. But the thing about IV was there was so little to do.

I liked how GTA IV's DLCs put you in the campaign through the view of another character. It was great playing the museum mission as 3 different people. I really hope they will do this again in GTA V, but I would also like the idea of adding San Fierro and Las Venturas.

GTA V has been in development since 2006. I think this will be the greatest GTA yet, the whole IV ERA looks like and feels like it was just put together on a weekend or bank holiday.

That's a bit extreme, I think the reputation of how bad it was is greatly exaggerated.

Was never a fan of TLAD (aforementioned bikes, boring storyline, too similar to Vanilla IV), but I loved TBOGT. The story was a lot more interesting, the graphical improvements were slick, it was a departure from IV and TLAD in that it had sillier/more fun elements that reminded me of San Andreas, better weapons, more interesting missions, etc. I think, overall, that's why more people liked it more than TLAD.

It's way to early to speculate on V's DLCs. We don't even know the storyline of V, so at this point it's impossible to guess at what additional storylines will be introduced afterward. I'm just hoping there will be a nice mix of the realism of IV with the goofiness of SA. I think there will be, considering the setting. NYC (where I live), while vibrant and very much alive, does not provide nearly as much comical fodder as the vapidness of L.A./Hollywood culture (no offense to the normal people who live there). You can rest assured that the culture there will be lampooned like crazy and we're all going to have quite the laugh. Also, the odd/spooky aspects of the countryside and desert (probably what I'm most excited to explore) provides plenty of opportunities for humor, creepiness, and an altogether antithetical atmosphere from IV.