Guest Marney-1

Geographical / geological clues (those mountain ranges)

Guest vacant

gtav-v-trailer1-scene06.png

Need some help in pinpointing exactly where [in real life] those ranges are. So far I've got them down as being in the Death Valley / Black Mountains area.

Wpdms_shdrlfi020l_death_valley.jpg

You can see similar rock formations in this link.

Don't turn this topic into a pile of shit, if you've got no brains then don't bother commenting.

Guest vacant

I was thinking about finding an LA-area hiking forum and ask them if they've seen that kind of formation... Something for a spy to look into. :P

Was thinking along the same lines but haven't the time to do it all by myself hence asking for help. I've looked into rock formations but don't seem to be having any luck finding those weird ridges.

Thought long and hard about starting this topic because we don't have many bright members but we'll see how it goes.

Just found this:

800px-Death_Valley_3D_views.jpg

Edited by vacant

Guest vacant

do u reakon you'll actually be able to get to the top of that or could it be edge of the map can't go any further sort of thing.

Well if we can pinpoint exactly where it is we might have a better idea. So help with the research.

I think we'll be able to get to the top. If not the one in the picture then one taller. Otherwise kiddies will bitch and moan forever about it.

I had been looking around Catalina Islands for this formation too without any luck. Would have been a great "ZOMG MAP CONNEKSHUN" moment. -_-

Guest vacant

I think we'll be able to get to the top. If not the one in the picture then one taller. Otherwise kiddies will bitch and moan forever about it.

I had been looking around Catalina Islands for this formation too without any luck. Would have been a great "ZOMG MAP CONNEKSHUN" moment. -_-

This Visit California site is pretty good for getting an idea of what's to be found in the area. Looks like we might need a rock formation expert for this though. :P

Come on treefitty, they better not out up invisible walls... It's 2012 people

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

You'll be able to get to the top of it. They can't have jets in the game and then block you reaching the top of the mountain. That just wouldn't be cool.

im pretty sure you are able to climb most mountains seeing as they had those hikers in the trailer. at least 2 or 3 edges of the map would be mountains you cant go over, if not 3 then possibly the mexican border being another boundary, and then an extended over-seas boundary. as for altitude, aircraft should be able to go at least 35 feet higher than the tallest building in the city.

Guest I Love U Marney

So anyway, back to where the fuck this place is then. Anyone bothered to do a bit of digging?

aircraft should be able to go at least 35 feet higher than the tallest building in the city.

35 feet?!?!? The fuck. You must mean 350 meters. lol

Bonjour

The Great Western Divide (in Sierra Nevada, 130 miles north from Los Angeles, between Sequoia NP and Kings NP) has similarities with this mount in GTA V trailer : rock peak without vegetation, small ridges, conifer forest.

Google Maps link

thegre10.jpg

thegre11.jpg

• Like 11

Bonjour

The Great Western Divide (in Sierra Nevada, 130 miles north from Los Angeles, between Sequoia NP and Kings NP) has similarities with this mount in GTA V trailer : rock peak without vegetation, small ridges, conifer forest.

Google Maps link

Awesome find.

Bonjour

Google Maps link

Bloody good post.

Guest Marney

Bonjour

Google Maps link

thegre10.jpg

thegre11.jpg

Don't you dare go anywhere! Grab him lads!

Best first post ever and very informative, cheers mate!

Edit: Would you look at that, just look at it!

Edited by Marney
  • Like 1