iGTA

GTA 5 on PS4/XBOX720, and not PS3/XBOX360?

In the extremely unlikely event that new consoles were released before GTA V, I guarantee that GTA V will still release on the 360/PS3. If new consoles are in development, they're certainly not far enough along for game developers to already be working on games for them.

of all the silly topics that we've had this one isn't too bad. If this was the case and say, for example, the next xbox comes out around the same time, then GTA 5 would have been developed for the 360 and ps3 (its already far along in development so its evidently being developed for current gen). The closest you'd get to a next gen release would probably be a port from one of the current consoles. hope this actually makes sense, its pretty late here haha

PS4/XBOX720, and not PS3/XBOX360?

Considering GTA V was officially announced and the next consoles haven't been, I would say most definitely not.

And I'll continue to say that the current consoles have plenty of life left in my opinion.

• Like 2

If they release console now it would be stupid.

The enconomy will mean low sales figures, they may aswell wait a few years and get more money and improved technology. As TF said the current consoles have plenty of life left in them.

GTA V has probably been in development since GTA IV, so it has been tailored to current consoles.

No new consoles have been announced yet. Microsoft are rumoured to be releasing a new console. If we don't know about a new console, then I'm sure the developers don't have the kit to work with a new console either.

Somehow I think the trailer would have looked a hell of a lot better if it had been running on a PS4.

In the extremely unlikely event that new consoles were released before GTA V, I guarantee that GTA V will still release on the 360/PS3. If new consoles are in development, they're certainly not far enough along for game developers to already be working on games for them.

I'm of the understanding new consoles development kits already have been sent out to developers.

If the PS4/XBOX720 came out before GTA V (Which is very unlikely) It would most likely be on both consoles but tailored for the PS3/360, and probably wouldn't run any better on the PS4/720, but like I said, it's extremely unlikely unless GTA V was hugely delayed for some reason.

I'm probably going to be hated for this, but what about the Wii U? I think it would be pretty awesome playing gta with 2 screens, as long as the console is as powerful as Nintendo says.

I'm probably going to be hated for this, but what about the Wii U? I think it would be pretty awesome playing gta with 2 screens, as long as the console is as powerful as Nintendo says.

Tell me your joking? You must be....

<_<

What's wrong with the Wii U, it's supposed to be coming out later this year, like gta 5, and will be more than powerful enough to handle gta5

That would be the dumbest move ever, on the business side of it. Wii U won't be major when millions already have Xbox 360s, PS3s and PCs to play on.

In addition, the brand image of Nintendo's Wii (and it's successor) are that it's a console for families and kids, rather than a real high tech gaming rig. Brand images aren't changed so easily, so I doubt the Wii U will be designed for gamers. Especially since it's touch screen. Look at the controller, hardly designed for gaming ergonomics.

Target market? Definitely not gamers.

What's wrong with the Wii U, it's supposed to be coming out later this year, like gta 5, and will be more than powerful enough to handle gta5

That would be the dumbest move ever, on the business side of it. Wii U won't be major when millions already have Xbox 360s, PS3s and PCs to play on.

In addition, the brand image of Nintendo's Wii (and it's successor) are that it's a console for families and kids, rather than a real high tech gaming rig. Brand images aren't changed so easily, so I doubt the Wii U will be designed for gamers. Especially since it's touch screen.

How is this a dumb move? They would be stupid not to release on wii u. Plus, the touchscreen opens up so many gaming possibilities that I don't think R* would be able to pass up.

The Wii U would probably get a bastardised version of the game instead, to suit the more casual gamer. I could see a new version of Chinatown Wars on Wii U, Vita, and tablets/mobiles.

In addition, the brand image of Nintendo's Wii (and it's successor) are that it's a console for families and kids, rather than a real high tech gaming rig. Brand images aren't changed so easily, so I doubt the Wii U will be designed for gamers. Especially since it's touch screen.

How is this a dumb move? They would be stupid not to release on wii u. Plus, the touchscreen opens up so many gaming possibilities that I don't think R* would be able to pass up.

It's a dumb move because:

1. The brand image of Wii is that it's for families; gamers won't want to be associated with that

2. There are over 120 million Ps3s and Xbox 360s combined. They have the capability to run advanced games of 2012 easily (Xbox 360 not as much, but still great). Why the fuck would they release if for the "new generation" of consoles, consisting of only the Wii U?

3. No real gamer wants to play a serious game on a fucking touchscreen, I don't see how you could even think that.

4. Joysticks and mouse is better than touchscreen, and you can't deny that.

5. "touch screen opens up so many gaming possibilities" Like what? As I said, no one wants to play serious, fast paced games on a touchscreen device.

I really, really, really doubt Wii U will be the leading console for games like CoD, AC, GTA, BF and all the other major action titles, especially once the PS4 and next Xbox release as MS and Sony dominate the gaming market.

The Touch screen is only part of the wii u controller. There are still all if your standard buttons, joysticks, etc. I think you need to do a little more research into the wii u. P.S.- about the family image stuff, why does that matter? Look up MadWorld on YouTube. That was a wii exclusive. You can't tell me you see that as a "family" game

Guest Marney1

I'm of the understanding new consoles development kits already have been sent out to developers.

Do you have a source?

The Wii U would probably get a bastardised version of the game instead, to suit the more casual gamer. I could see a new version of Chinatown Wars on Wii U, Vita, and tablets/mobiles.

The wii u should be plenty powerful enough to handle a direct port from Xbox or ps3, just with minor changes to allow for at least minimal use o the touchscreen

I'm not sure if anybody fully realizes this, but the wii u is a full console, not just a handheld. Just thought I'd clear that up:)