Sign in to follow this  
Andre Kucina

GTA V Cities

Yeah it won t be a San Andreas number 2 for sure but talking about LA means it will be the same kind of stuff that we had in SA... even if now called Los Santos...

San Andreas was indeed maybe more an idea of recreating the area of the san andreas fault... with all the cities SF LA... eventhough LV ain t situated on this particular fault...

Now by calling in Los Santos it appears like it will be one city and only one BUT in the trailer you can see a license plate with SAN ANDREAS written on it. at 0:47 seconds...

oh yeah the easteregging truthtelling license plates. Now it's clear that we get the whole state of San Andreas back. 1:1 replica of GTASA, only better graphics. peeew lucky me.

now... we can see a lot in the trailer. we can see what's supposed to be the pacific. probably we can swim all the way to hawaii. there's construction sites, maybe we can help building the houses minecraft style.

seriously... the license plate thing has been pointed out like 3 billion times already. US plates ALWAYS have the STATE written on it, therefore it says San Andreas, nothing else to it, no proof of San Fierro, Las Venturas, an arbitrary recreation of San Diego deep underneath the infinite desert with a hidden entrance through the bigfoot cave on mt chiliad, no nothing. period.

San Andreas is a fictional state depicting the US southwest. Why they (R*) got it wrong in GTA SA where the plates listed the city instead of the state is beyond my knowledge, but this was rectified in GTAIV already and I recon it won't change in 5. They even went a little further and recreated different styles of California license plates (as in different years of issue) plus re-introduced actual registrations.

And once again, San Andreas is not Los Santos... jeees is it that hard??

Of course we get a hell of a lot of same stuff we've seen in Los Santos in GTASA, most probably because there's the chance that both Los Santos are based on the same real life city of Los Angeles. But Las Venturas is not Los Santos and San fucking Fierro isn't Los Santos either.

I'm curious. Are you Dan Houser?? Or someone else from Rockstar Games?? Or are you just Psychic?? Or a time traveller??

None of the above?

Rockstar haven't released all the infomation on their game yet so how do you know they aren't holding back? It's all speculation right now. For all we know the " It's Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and a very big map." quote could mean anything. Take "side" out of it and that would make a pretty big map lol. Joking aside very few people know exactly what GTA5 will hold in store. You've gotta wait for all the info before you start getting all angry over other people's posts.

Anyone remember how territorial gangs would try to kill you in GTAIII & GTASA, maybe that will return in GTAV and they'll make it so you can't replenish your health or amo in that area. Kinda like inFAMOUS.

Anyone remember how territorial gangs would try to kill you in GTAIII & GTASA, maybe that will return in GTAV and they'll make it so you can't replenish your health or amo in that area. Kinda like inFAMOUS.

Hope not. It was annoying how you couldn't enter certain areas without getting shot.

Hope not. It was annoying how you couldn't enter certain areas without getting shot.

Ya, one of the things I hated about GTA III was how you could never return to the mafia held areas without being killed. Closed off a good sized chunk of town. <_<

I'm curious. Are you Dan Houser?? Or someone else from Rockstar Games?? Or are you just Psychic?? Or a time traveller??

None of the above?

Rockstar haven't released all the infomation on their game yet so how do you know they aren't holding back? It's all speculation right now. For all we know the " It's Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and a very big map." quote could mean anything. Take "side" out of it and that would make a pretty big map lol. Joking aside very few people know exactly what GTA5 will hold in store. You've gotta wait for all the info before you start getting all angry over other people's posts.

Well my uncle works for R*. Got the job pretty much right after he got fired from Nintendo for leaking too much. j/k

No, of course I don't work for R*, nor am I a time traveller (I guess). That psychic thing tho holds a certain appeal, maybe I dig deeper here...

But yeah contrary to many others that seem to think "Los Santos and the surrounding countryside" = San Andreas, I take this statement plus the lack of official hints to anything else (all we know so far is limited to LS) as it stands. Until veryfied or falsified.

I mean I love GTASA for it's setting and wouldn't mind if it would be more than just one big city, either another of GTASA's cities or a whole new one (like a San Diego-ish town) but I'm not going all fanboy over it and interpret every damn pixel as to how it hints to more cities than just LS... this particular speculation on GTA5 is all too often totally through the roof, repetitive like the licenseplate thingy and sometimes freak me out (here you go, the psychic).

And to be honest I would rather see R* stick to the statement LS + countryside and putting a hell of a lot of blood and sweat into the detailing of 1 big city and it's backdrop to make it an outstanding experience in terms of (authentic) atmosphere than giving us a San Andreas 2.0 with a couple wannabe-big cities and a hell of a lot of landscape.

But after all, we're doomed to wait for more info anyway to be more certain and therefore can speculate on anything from the color of the grass to the size of the raindrops, but IF they give us info on anything, I'd rather stick to this.

whatever they do here, I hope they balance it out better. They assault you, it's ok. You fight back, cops all on your ass. even worse than permanently being fired at in certain areas.

Guys have you ever played inFAMOUS. I didn't mean put in gangs to keep you from going back to certain areas, I meant to keep you out of them until you unlock the area. I think it would be cool to have bears and deer attack you if your in a forest area you didn't unlock, or sharks when your in a locked area of water, and gangs when your in a locked area of town. Not having any health/food, amo, activities etc will also keep you out of that area. They sorta did it with cops in previous games, but I think cops should only get involved when you fly aircraft without a licence (wich you unlock) seeing to how the government monitor the skys 24/7.

Also, you could take areas from other gangs in SA (wich added hours of playing time), so I dont know why ya'll complain about getting shot at, thats a solved issue.

O'yeah, and the cops were disabled during gang wars.

Well my uncle works for R*. Got the job pretty much right after he got fired from Nintendo for leaking too much. j/k

No, of course I don't work for R*, nor am I a time traveller (I guess). That psychic thing tho holds a certain appeal, maybe I dig deeper here...

But yeah contrary to many others that seem to think "Los Santos and the surrounding countryside" = San Andreas, I take this statement plus the lack of official hints to anything else (all we know so far is limited to LS) as it stands. Until veryfied or falsified.

I mean I love GTASA for it's setting and wouldn't mind if it would be more than just one big city, either another of GTASA's cities or a whole new one (like a San Diego-ish town) but I'm not going all fanboy over it and interpret every damn pixel as to how it hints to more cities than just LS... this particular speculation on GTA5 is all too often totally through the roof, repetitive like the licenseplate thingy and sometimes freak me out (here you go, the psychic).

And to be honest I would rather see R* stick to the statement LS + countryside and putting a hell of a lot of blood and sweat into the detailing of 1 big city and it's backdrop to make it an outstanding experience in terms of (authentic) atmosphere than giving us a San Andreas 2.0 with a couple wannabe-big cities and a hell of a lot of landscape.

But after all, we're doomed to wait for more info anyway to be more certain and therefore can speculate on anything from the color of the grass to the size of the raindrops, but IF they give us info on anything, I'd rather stick to this.

Just to let you know... if i play 1 hour of any video game in a week, it is a miracle, so yeah i am awaiting GTA 5 pretty badly cause it reminds me of when i was younger, when i used to play gta SA... so i am just waiting for this really particular game because it s really been the only games i LOVED to play before (expected from GTA IV) and i was so surprised and excited the other day when i discovered there will be a new GTA with a cali customisation around the city of L.A. I just wanted to chat about it a little bit and see what people think...

was just thinking it would be disappointing to have only one city, even if it s huge...(for me) so i decided to come here and ask people what they think about it regarding to what i saw in the trailer (licence plate and all) so no need to get excited litterer... why wouldn t you leave people talking their thing ? i mean this conversation causes no harm here to anybody. And if people feel like questions are relevent, they will just answer freely without anybody here saying we re stupid talking about it and debating it one more time...

And as pitbull said, nobody knows... so whatever let s stick to this statement ;

" It's Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and a very big map."...

We will see ;) (still hoping for at least to diffrerent cities hehe)

Yeah I'm hoping for another city in the game, maybe a San Diego (Las Puerta???) style city. An island quite far off shore sounds pretty awesome too!

But lets face it, whatever R* give us is, even if it is just the one massive city, the map is gonna be impressive!

I would love if they added Hawaii and other samoa islands. It would also be really awesome if they added huge waves n' you could surf or see pedestrians doing it.

None of the above?

whatever they do here, I hope they balance it out better. They assault you, it's ok. You fight back, cops all on your ass. even worse than permanently being fired at in certain areas.

As much as I'd love to flame you for you're first sentence, I don't want to piss Psy off and get banned.

As much as I'd love to flame you for you're first sentence, I don't want to piss Psy off and get banned.

the uncle @ R* thingy? oh nevermind, just go ahead n flame me for this evergreen of rumor creation :clap:

I hope they do lock off parts of the cities, I'd spend ages exploring the first city when I first got GTA IV before following the story, then when I got bored of that island I'd get into the story again until I unlocked the second island and explore that, so on, so on