Roman

What if cars require gas?

I like the idea of refilling your tank aswell. And btw getting out of a car and jacking another is NOT EASY when theres 15 cops on ur rear bumper and another 30 on your rear view mirrors. Jacking cars is not as simple as it was in GTAIII. By time you stop your car (good luck not getting trapped by NOOSE) exit, make a run 4 another car, try to open the car door (and fail), break the window, open the door (and succeed), hot wire the car, turn on the engine and accelerate outa there, 41 Cops, NOOSE, FIB, random peds/gang members, and security gaurds would've killed ur ass in the drivers seat. And dont forget you cant switch cars in alot of missions.

• Like 1

This could work, but it's going to need a reason since there's no point in filling up if you can just steal a new car.

I'd love to see the ability to buy cars, upgrade and stuff like that where you could make your car unique. THEN you would have a reason to keep your car and fill up the tank instead of taking random cars.

Also there would have to be plenty of gas stations around.

And btw getting out of a car and jacking another is NOT EASY when theres 15 cops on ur rear bumper and another 30 on your rear view mirrors. Jacking cars is not as simple as it was in GTAIII. By time you stop your car (good luck not getting trapped by NOOSE) exit, make a run 4 another car, try to open the car door (and fail), break the window, open the door (and succeed), hot wire the car, turn on the engine and accelerate outa there, 41 Cops, NOOSE, FIB, random peds/gang members, and security gaurds would've killed ur ass in the drivers seat.

I have never had difficulty doing any of that, nor have I heard of anyone else who has. I can't even remember the last time I've had a cop keep up with me, let alone make it difficult for me to get another car. The only reason my car even takes any serious damage in the first place is because I'd rather crash into oncoming police cars than go around them.

It would just be another feature that adds to the realism. Mostly pointless, yes, but in the back of your head when your driving around a really nice car, you know of the possiblity of having to refuel soon, thus with that mind thought the realism and enjoyment of the game rises.

enjoyment of the game rises.

guidos-guidettes-another-situation.gif

I play games to get out of real life and relieve frustration.

I don't expect to play a game and worry about gas prices. Maybe next you'll suggest that Roman's business shouldnt have burnt down, he should've instead gone into bankruptcy because of the poor economic state.

I definately hope I can enlist too. Nothing makes me enjoy a game more than thinking about the state of other countries.

@Massacre Im not sure if you understood my point. I said nothing about damaging your vehicle till you have to get another, Im talking about running out of gas and your car stopping on you no matter how well you drive. And i would love to see you escape a 6* wanted level with a forklift thats low on gas with ease. Then have to bail out & run for 20 seconds a couple of times and not get wasted. We are talking about a whole new GTA game, not GTAIV, so chances are R" will make the AI much more difficult since (according to you) no one on planet earth has ever been wasted while atempting to switch cars. And like I said before, you CAN'T switch cars in alot of GTA missions so if you run outta gas while chasing your target, your screwed.

@Joint Ops I like that idea. Syping gas (if thats how you spell it lol) To keep targets or cops from using there car or to refill your tank sounds great.

@Massacre Im not sure if you understood my point. I said nothing about damaging your vehicle till you have to get another, Im talking about running out of gas and your car stopping on you no matter how well you drive. And i would love to see you escape a 6* wanted level with a forklift thats low on gas with ease. Then have to bail out & run for 20 seconds a couple of times and not get wasted. We are talking about a whole new GTA game, not GTAIV, so chances are R" will make the AI much more difficult since (according to you) no one on planet earth has ever been wasted while atempting to switch cars. And like I said before, you CAN'T switch cars in alot of GTA missions so if you run outta gas while chasing your target, your screwed.

Since I was speaking in the past tense, I was clearly referring to GTA IV, in which damaging my vehicle is the only reason I would ever have to replace my car, not running out of fuel. I also see no reason or potential enjoyment (this, of course, being my opinion, with other opinions being meaningless to me unless I explicitly state otherwise) in using a forklift as my escape vehicle when dealing with a 4-star+ wanted level, especially considering the exposed fuel tank (read: big fucking target) on the back of the forklift. As for the AI-related portion of your post, I never said that "no one on planet earth has ever been wasted while attempting to switch cars," I said that I personally do not know anyone who has had difficulty acquiring a new vehicle during a police chase.

And yes, if you are given a car you can't get rid of, and you run out of gas, you absolutely are screwed. But if you are given a car that is low enough on fuel that that is a possibility, then the "feature" (i.e., curse) of re-fueling is being forced down your throat rather than being an interesting addition, which it wouldn't be in the first place.

How is it difficult to get a new car while in a high speed chase? It's even easier to do it to oncoming cops, you simply shoot out of the window in their direction and hope you hit. if that doesn't work pull off a PIT technique on them and when they're skidding cap the driver, brake, jump out and pull him out of the car and drive off. Nearly new car in less than 10 seconds.

The only time I died in IV while being chased was when I slammed into something and went through the windshield or when Niko decided to be a spastic and not get in the car, instead doing that fucking moon walk thing and going all the way round to the passenger side, and there were a fair few cops around or incoming.

I did, but was distracted. It would be a great basis for a mission. You have to remove your shit-covered pants and walk home in your underwear (heart print boxers, of course), taking alleys and side streets to keep your shame meter from filling up. If the meter does fill up, you are too ashamed to continue living, and you automatically pull out your gun and kill yourself.

If this game has gas it better fucking have matches :D ( i like fire :D) but i could rip a hole in the fuel tank hitting a jump or car and sprays all over some people - ill toss some matches out and just drive off. :D

If this game has gas it better fucking have matches :D ( i like fire :D) but i could rip a hole in the fuel tank hitting a jump or car and sprays all over some people - ill toss some matches out and just drive off. :D

now thats classy.

Fucking christ. I LOVE these threads.

That would be so cool if you had to fill up your car in the game. You could go to the gas station and pull up like you are going to pump gas, then you get out and there is like, an animation of you pumping gas and then you can walk inside and get a scratch off lotto ticket and a frozen fruit drink.

It would also be just as cool to make you have to take shits after you eat food, so while you are at the gas station, you can wait in line to use their bathroom, but if you run out of stomach space, you shit your pants and then you have crusty pants and have to get a new pair because you can't walk anymore.

Loving the sarcasm. Turn the whole game into the Sims why not. I remember this same thread being made 9 years ago before San Andreas came out. How boring it would be to have a game where you can pretty much do anything at anytime and then all of a sudden you have to stop and check your gas meter. Woooohooooo! fun times. It won't happen unless R* have gone mad. GTA's all about being simple to play and fun. You start to change that to much into realism and you'll lose your hardcore Gta'ers in my opinion.

The only thing gas stations are good for are for blowing the fuck up.

• Like 1

It's an absolutely terrible idea. I want to play a game, not run a gangster simulator. Do I have to help my character set up a tax shelter in Northern Cyprus to launder his money, too?

Oh oh, what about an interactive mini-game for each meal? Rapidly move the joystick back and forth to cut the steak with a serrated steak knife?

Endless possibilities! I'd like to have the cops issue citations for littering, jaywalking, and other minor infractions so that we'll get to go to the in-game mailbox to pick up our summons for upcoming court dates. Then we'll get to spend the day in court(every 7 in-game days) in order to have our accumulated fines and court costs cut down into more manageable amounts. Everyone complains that they don't have anything to spend their imaginary currency on!

Wait a second, what about this? The character must eventually marry one of 5 possible girlfriends. Then we get to spend time listening to our virtual wives talk about the latest episode of The Real Housewives... and the Jane Austen novel she's reading(in cut-scenes of course) before bedtime at 9:30 p.m.(but the character only has to sleep 7 and a half in-game hours, otherwise it would get monotonous). Then around hour 25 of the storyline we have to get divorced and give up our safe houses and half of our cash and assets, including our RPG and pipe bombs.

No wait, maybe we can buy a---alright Nicodemo, we get it...

• Like 2

Don't forget the random pedestrian items where you meet up with some random dude at the gas station bathroom from the gta equivalent of craigslist for some corn holing

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

There is such a thing as too much realism...next someone will want to file taxes as a way to use game money. I'm sorry, I just don't see the point.

it would be kinda cool in my opinion. for example when i steal a car with tank almost empty, and cops start to chase me. i would have to get away as fast as possible without running out of gas. but as usual some people (maybe alot) would not like it.

I think it would suck to be honest, it'll be fun for a while I reckon, but then it'll start getting annoying, like when you're chasing someone in a car for a mission, then it runs out causing you to lose them thus failing the mission I'd be pretty steamed of, so maybe if they did add something like that, make it like a Hardcore mode from Fallout, then it'll appeal to the people who want realism and the people who want a sandbox game with few limitations

• Like 1

I would like V to have this feature, but it will work only if we can mod cars and make them unique only then I would spend money to fill it up rather then just leave it on the side of the road and then spend 1000 times more just to tune another car. Modern cars can do anything between 10 and 25mpg at full throttle, but that only means that this new feature does not get annoying and you have to do it only 10-15 times before you complete the story line. Mission prep would add going to petrol shop before you go to buy guns thats it.

I think needing petrol could work in some missions, to increase the difficulty somewhat. Or maybe if taxi/paramedic/fire missions came back, those vehicles needed refueling.

I can get 300 gallons a tank going 70mph in my truck.... Play gta 4 with a four star wants level and see how many miles you drive before the car is trashed, I'm going with 50 miles max... No where near being close to running out of gas...

Most cars. Nowadays get 25 to 35mpg with a tank 20 to 30 gallons.... Do the math

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

20 to 30 gallons? how far in the distant future do you live in?