Roman

Could Rockstar have made a mistake?

I think Rockstar might have made a mistake by announcing/advertising Grand Theft Auto 5 to soon because Max Payne is coming out most likely before Grand Theft Auto 5. If that is true it will be one hell of a painful wait. And if it's not bieng released in 2012 then I know for a fact they made a mistake by advertising it to early, what do you think?

GTA will be out when Max Payne has had a good run. Which is probably a good 4-6 months imo. I don't think they made any mistakes. They like to build the hype with GTA and offer very little to increase awareness, without actually giving anything major away. I don't think they will make use wait any more than a year, as most producers don't seem to advertise games for that long. But saying that, Rockstar Games is in a different league... They make their own rules.

We all knew it was in the pipeline, and now we have some details on it. They've clearly made a lot of progress to be able to show a trailer that, by the looks of it, shows off some of the cutscenes. I don't think they've announced it too early, they have a strong promotion team that have planned it properly. I'm sure the decision to announce GTAV wasn't taken light heartedly.

I think it's entirely possible rockstar could conceivably make a hypothetical mistake.

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

anybody else think all the people walking the streets and the old guy saying "why did i move here?" is the first cutscene? and i think they are trying to piss us off... they know what they are doing

rockstar needed to give us something. us hardcore fans have been waiting for 4 years for something, anything leading us to gta 5. i can remember back in 2010 searching youtube for any kind of leaked info for the new gta. i know none of it was true! but god, anything would do. rockstar knows what there doing, there building up the hype. gta 4 broke records and, i believe, brought in a whole new crowd to the gta realm. people that once thought that gta games were crude and stupid, were amazed by gta 4. this game will set standards, and break records. hype, hype, hype. little by little info will come out, but i guarantee you it will be nothing like max panye with also those little videos, they'll tease us to the last minute

• Like 1

rockstar needed to give us something. us hardcore fans have been waiting for 4 years for something, anything leading us to gta 5. i can remember back in 2010 searching youtube for any kind of leaked info for the new gta. i know none of it was true! but god, anything would do. rockstar knows what there doing, there building up the hype. gta 4 broke records and, i believe, brought in a whole new crowd to the gta realm. people that once thought that gta games were crude and stupid, were amazed by gta 4. this game will set standards, and break records. hype, hype, hype. little by little info will come out, but i guarantee you it will be nothing like max panye with also those little videos, they'll tease us to the last minute

Too right, although I really hope they do something extra controversial with GTA 5. All the other games were groundbreaking, letting you shag prostitutes, deal drugs etc, but GTA 4 was fairly clean in my opinion. There wasn't the hot coffee type controversy (which they totally avoided with the custscenes showing the outside of the house while you're shagging), and although they really hated that, they need to do something similar to make GTA the epic, most talked about game it used to be.

I'd love to think they released the trailer to make us hardcore fans happy but the sad truth is they aren't that nice lol. The game is well into development, the trailer shows that off perfectly, they are also having people test the game now, I'm just really hoping for a 2012 release, if you ask me I wouldn't be surprised if they released the game May this year lmao. They can release whenever they want to be fair.

Too right, although I really hope they do something extra controversial with GTA 5. All the other games were groundbreaking, letting you shag prostitutes, deal drugs etc, but GTA 4 was fairly clean in my opinion. There wasn't the hot coffee type controversy (which they totally avoided with the custscenes showing the outside of the house while you're shagging), and although they really hated that, they need to do something similar to make GTA the epic, most talked about game it used to be.

Well, I think going in a new mature direction in GTA4 was controversial in and of itself. They created a very different type of video game, borderline serious drama. I might be mistaken about this but I think GTA4 was the most epic and most talked about game of the series.

I think GTA III was the most talked about game of the series if you don't include the "Hot Coffee" content of San Andreas, that's just my opinion though.

Nah, Vice City "caused" a bunch of murders worldwide.

We are only a few months out from May with only one trailer. It would surprise me if they did release in May.

There is not enough time to sufficiently hype the game with more trailers, feature details etc.

They defo wont release it in may, thats when max payne has been delayed 2, so there would be no point. If i was gunna predict it i would say late September 2012.

I wish they didn't go completely silent for almost 3 months. After the trailer released, there has been no real good info. I know we shouldn't wait only a few weeks, but it's almost been 3 months now and I think it's time for some new info, like the characters, details about the gameplay or another trailer...

we'll hear alot more once max payne is out as rockstar will move on to gta , the dis-heartening thing is they seem to wait a good few months after one game before moving on with new info on the next big game..

we'll hear alot more once max payne is out as rockstar will move on to gta , the dis-heartening thing is they seem to wait a good few months after one game before moving on with new info on the next big game..

How is that disheartening? Can you honestly mention a bad Rockstar Game that has come since they started this new method of production? besides the PC port of GTA IV and Bully I can't, and they weren't created In house.