Sign in to follow this  
iGTA

GTA V Mods

Basically, i was thinking everyone who buys GTA IV on PC gets all these mods and can create mods through some simple software, so why not make some software for consoles? I reckon more people would want to play the game more because you could make it with the crazy stuff like from saints row, but still have the reaslism from GTA.

You dont have to mod though, if you dont want too?

It could happen on PS3 but Microsoft restricts user-generated content because it can't be arsed with moderating it.

When I say it could happen on PS3, what I mean is it's technically possible, but won't happen.

There are mods for consoles it's just really limited. Some has been patched from online such as weapon mods, god mode, traffic spawns, but alot of it is still there for PS3 and 360. It just requires you to break the warranty and risk being banned from live. You also have to find the software to mod the files which can be hard if you don't know what you're looking for. But that's going into warez and I'm not going any farther.

How do you know it wont happen?

one clear and easy example is that all games are possible to, but none are modded.

except for ut3

now here is the deal, jailbreaking ur ps3 means the possibility of adding mods. but I doubt the mods would like me to elaborate on that.

Liability. If the game is rated 15 and a mod distributed over the PSN has 18+ content in it, who's responsible? Rockstar or Sony?

That, and neither company make money out of user-generated content.

PC is an open platform and doesn't have the same problem.

Liability. If the game is rated 15 and a mod distributed over the PSN has 18+ content in it, who's responsible? Rockstar or Sony?

That, and neither company make money out of user-generated content.

PC is an open platform and doesn't have the same problem.

although many get away with it by saying "online rating pending" but we all know is actually not pending.

This problem could be solved with cheap/free DLC holding extra cheats/modes that operate similarly to PC mods, except it could be regulated with consoles, i.e adding it to the cell phone or something, thus avoiding people cheating online. But getting content on XBL is a ballache for games companies (i've read articles from people like cliffy B, complaining about that very process) and microsoft aren't getting a slice of the pie for releasing incredibly small, free DLC so it wont happen. Watching all the extra fun mods have on youtube makes me want to switch to PC gaming completely. But I'm poor so i'll sit here and look at my partially built rig instead.

Rockstar could make it possible to mod the game via the console, but it will never happen

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.