Guest Marney-1

Max Payne 3 - ***Use SPOILER tags***

will do angeal... i got stuff to do tonight so i won't get the opportunity to beat it until tomorrow or sunday... i am a slow gamer to be honest... i bet the euro's here will have it beat before me, hopefully they also post their synopsis...

I've been playing it slowly too, as I've been sucked into the multiplayer world a few times. If I'm honest, i find the MP3 story quite a challenge, even on normal difficulty, which is brilliant, i like it when i get a good challenge. I still think i need to get used to using bullet time more often than i am.

Guest Marney-1

Is it just me or does pressing X to sprint do absolutely nothing except make Max lean forward? I don't get the sense that he's moving any faster, he's definitely not sprinting.

i just learned that i could sprint today... i noticed a difference, but that's because i hadn't used it through 2/3rds of the game... i only got one chapter done today thanks to my scooter breaking down on me... how fucking inconvenient... hopefully i can get out of work tonight at a decent time so i can power-run through the rest of the game tonight... i won't have time to play tomorrow and it's due back as well...

man, max payne sure did come out at the wrong time for me, that's for sure... thank god GTA V wasn't coming out on the 24th like everyone seemed to be convinced of, i wouldn't of had much time to fit it in...

Well the ending was ruined for me by a loud mouth cunt on facebook.

Have to ask, Is this anything like the first two? Being in Brazil it doesn't seem like it'll be very gritty and are the graphic novel bits included too?

Is it just me or does pressing X to sprint do absolutely nothing except make Max lean forward? I don't get the sense that he's moving any faster, he's definitely not sprinting.

At first I didn't think it mattered but after some time playing I think it increases his speed a little. He doesn't exactly run just walks faster. More like a jog. Sometimes I forget it's not RDR and that I need to hold X. I find myself tapping X and Max rolls around.

And a reminder to everyone to use spoiler tags if necessary. Try to say what chapter so we know if we did it or not.

Guest Marney-1

At first I didn't think it mattered but after some time playing I think it increases his speed a little. He doesn't exactly run just walks faster. More like a jog. Sometimes I forget it's not RDR and that I need to hold X. I find myself tapping X and Max rolls around.

And a reminder to everyone to use spoiler tags if necessary. Try to say what chapter so we know if we did it or not.

I've been finding the walking/running pace frustratingly slow going but it's probably more realistic than what we're used to in the likes of RDR.

And yes,

don't spoil the game for people ffs.

i have a friend who's on his 4th run, probably done with it by now... but he thankfully hasn't said shit other than it being awesome... i think he's waiting for me to beat it so he can spill the beans...

:bones:<{ i posted this while taking a shit!! }

multiplayer is fucking diabolical its near impossible to get a kill never mind win a game doesnt matter wot gun you use whether it be a bone crunching assault rifle or a double barrel shotgun you still manage to be killed be a fucking pistol, it has to be said that max payne 3 multplayer is one of the hardest multiplayers ive ever played

multiplayer is fucking diabolical its near impossible to get a kill never mind win a game doesnt matter wot gun you use whether it be a bone crunching assault rifle or a double barrel shotgun you still manage to be killed be a fucking pistol, it has to be said that max payne 3 multplayer is one of the hardest multiplayers ive ever played

It's probably skill based, not "spray a bunch of bullets and you'll get the kill"

It's not that bad once you get used to it.

I've just entered the 'Third Act' of the Story, I've really enjoyed the timeline diversity, I don't think I could have put up with a whole game set in the favela district!

i actually found it to be straight forward and fair enough... you must really suck at the game if you can't kill anyone in multiplayer, or you expected to jump right in after only playing one chapter in single player... i suggest beating the game or getting half-way through before you even attempt multiplayer...

i only played two matches and did alright at it... cover is your friend, a lot of people tend to forget that...

Like single player, rifles aren't the ultimate answer. The game is quite different from what we're used to with GTA and RDR.

Yeah i find a single hand gun, or dualing can be a lot more effective in bullet time stand-offs than say an AK47. But obviously an AK would be better at general long distance picking.

Guest Marney-1

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beginning of the final level is pissing me off. Too hard! *Kicks table over* - *Tries again*.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beginning of the final level is pissing me off. Too hard! *Kicks table over* - *Tries again*.

you have no idea how many times i ran into that random one spot here and there that kicked my ass a few times... that level you speak of though had another one for me, i'll tell you after you beat it...

===============================

maxpayne3screens10052011006_530x298.jpg

-----

this game was challenging, even on medium with light aiming assistance... it wasn't until the 2nd half that i realized i should of been getting used to the bullet time... it made some stuff easier, but it also complicated things once the enemy AI started to throw different shit at me, and in bigger numbers too with better gear... i really couldn't get a handle on the one that allows you to jump around in slow motion, but i still tried to use it occasionally... that typically led to me jumping out into the open, only wounding one enemy and maybe killing another... i mainly used bullet time to pull off headshots, and string together kills... it does add variety though to any situation, no matter how you use it... it has many applications ;)...

the action was intense, it offered up a lot of heart-pounding moments to add to the adrenaline as well... i really felt like i was in a die hard shootout, in just about every location... the one problem you have with games like this are the shootouts themselves... they become one more corridor away from another battle arena full of waves of enemies as you advance through each level... this is typically normal with all shooters, 1st person or 3rd... you get used to it, but max payne does offer up subtle changes with each area... one chapter you're on a boat, the next you're back in new york... and of course slumming around sao paulo too... there's clues to examine and weapon parts to collect too while looking for pain killers... and every level offered up a different location with a different vibe... but it's still a shooter, simple rules still apply... pick up extra clips or weapons when you can and look for pain killers.. you're in for a fight at every turn...

you're always outnumbered, and you're always fighting out of a sticky situation... it's max payne, and when it rains, it dumps shit on him... R* hit it out the park once again as far as main characters go... i loved the modern noir character they enhanced from the 1st two games... max was constantly narrating his current situation and reflecting back on past shit, commenting on the surroundings, or the reasons why he just picked up that pain killer... you were inside the head of max payne on an adventure, so you'd better buckle up folks... he was full of one liners about any situation, told like he was walking through a comic book, trying to unravel the twisted fucking story he was sucked into once again in a different part of the world...

his voice is stuck in my head now, like a bad joke... every time my inner voice talks, i hear this guy with a raspy voice talking like he'd seen it all... and the music was the real reason why the action felt so intense to me... the drum beat that played in the middle of every battle made me stand on the edge of my seat... this game was gritty and the music provided plenty of intensity to those situations... the surround sound system was blasting that drum beat for 12 intense hours... and NEVER EVER EVER EVER forget the theme song, easily one of the coolest theme songs in gaming... it's a gloomy, noir-ish, dark piano tune... and R* also created other ways to play it too, including rock riffs and pop beats, sprinkled all over the menus and action as well...

the graphics were good, but really the levels themselves were where they shined the best... these levels had an attention to detail that i've only seen in two places; the uncharted series and crysis 2... the levels oozed color and detail everywhere... i found myself shooting through pop bottles and piles of paper... milk crates and garbage cans... watching shit fly in the air when bullets were flying from every direction... and like i mentioned earlier, the levels all offered up a different palette of textures and locations... i was pleasantly satisfied with the graphics and design... a couple of chapters didn't do it for me, but they can't all be perfect... the rest of them were pretty fucking cool... the game always knew when to replace the battle areas within a level to maybe a chase scene or perhaps a bullet-time action moment... or when to throw a crazy variable such as a grenade, or a silly escalator...

i gotta say, they brought max payne back with a bang, and i look forward to his re-emergence in the future... he created high action 3rd person shooters like uncharted... he created slow mo "bullet time" which we've seen in numerous games, including red dead redemption... and he is the dark hero everyone roots for... that final act really threw me through the ringer and max payne completely shined all the way to the end of the game... being trapped in a comic book noir as a john mcclane/james bond mash up just has epic win written all over it... easily the best game i've played this year, and there's some competitors later this year... but right now, they've got some stiff competition...

-------

a modern day comic book noir, packed with action around every corner, with dark humor and flair to tie it all together... live the life of max payne, and let him take you through a gritty tale of espionage and betrayal, because it seems like wherever he goes, he's always stuck in the middle of another bad situation... bad luck has followed him at every moment in his life, and he wouldn't have it any other way...

yea, two thumbs up :thumbup:...

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

I'm too tired to go into a long breakdown of what I thought but yeah, what bOEs said. ^

I'm absolutely knackered but I finished it not long after my last post. Through to the end I was still learning how to shoot-dodge and manouvre etc and normally I turn the music off in games but I decided to have it turned on for this first playthrough, yes I'll be playing it through a few times yet I reckon, as bOnEs said - the drum beat that starts pounding makes your heart do the same. I've done it on medium difficulty using free-aim and that was hard enough but because I'm now used to the controls I'll probably enjoy it even more. Fucking good game and excellent story which some shocking twists that I just didn't expect.

I thought

rescuing Fabiana was going to be the end goal and was like WTF, Fabiana is dead

? :o

maxpayne3-2021-1920.jpg

i actually found it to be straight forward and fair enough... you must really suck at the game if you can't kill anyone in multiplayer, or you expected to jump right in after only playing one chapter in single player... i suggest beating the game or getting half-way through before you even attempt multiplayer...

i only played two matches and did alright at it... cover is your friend, a lot of people tend to forget that...

im on the last few chapters already before i even went on to the multiplayer i never sed i culdnt kill anyone i said it was hard to kill someone but it must of been my loadout because now that i have dual sub machine guns the game couldnt be any better i think it was just the ak 47 sprayin off to the side all of the time that really got me, yes in this game cover is your bestfriend so is the bullet dodge when you use it properly so no i do not suck at the game it was the my loadout of guns making me think i was

My game has froze or quit a couple times today. I lost sound during one part too. Anyone else notice issues? I'm in Chapter 13 but 11 and 12 had the issues. I'm wondering if the latest patch did it or if others had issues with those chapters.

can't remember which chapter it was, but by the time i started my 8th re-try of a "rumbling" section, the audio blacked out completely... and when i finally died again, the system froze on me... and i occasionally noticed the audio cut out for a second here and there, but that's pretty much the only issues i ran into...