The comments on the main website were built specifically to allow guests to comment fairly quickly and easily on website pages. I appreciate most of what's written is crap, but I've added features to help with that. Members and guests can report posts which they think should be deleted, and members can vote up or down each comment. Comments with -3 or lower will be automatically hidden.

Guests are also encouraged to create an account to make posting comments easier, which in turn will encourage them to use the forums and make the website more active.

If everyone needed to have an account to comment, 90% of people probably wouldn't bother signing up. By letting guests comment, it's a fact they come back and keep checking for replies (as seen by guests who have commented multiple times). Eventually they might like the community and register an account.

Plus from a technical standpoint, allowing users to post all sorts of comments on the site helps with search engine rankings, because we have plenty of different keywords in the content which can be picked up on.

I've also updated the website comments and removed the "Approved By Admin" text. Now you'll either see a link to report the comment or nothing at all. That way it doesn't appear that we're endorsing the comments, but it prevents people from constantly reporting them.

Irony. I make a post about how there is to much moderation, and in return I get more, automated, moderation.

My Penis, Your Ass

@psy. I like the change. It's only a little change but personally it needed it to make the site look better. And everything else you said makes sense.

@QD: It is ironic but you want the site to be as good as possible, and in a very small way, it's improved.

@psy. I like the change. It's only a little change but personally it needed it to make the site look better. And everything else you said makes sense.

@QD: It is ironic but you want the site to be as good as possible, and in a very small way, it's improved.

I don't think that's what he was talking about, the original topic was Overmoderation.

Yeah i get that but overall from what i get from alot of his posts is that he wants the site to be as good as possible and to be successful which isn't surprising as he's been here forever, but he can't be bothered with the work of an admin or mod, so instead he'll start topics when he doesn't like something, plus he usually starts a good discussion out of it.

He's like the non-admin admin of the forum. The voice of the people. If you've gotta a problem and the mods, psy, and duff aren't listening who do you call. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QD. lol. He'll bitch and moan (in the nicest possible way) until something either changes or the point gets heard.

Maybe i'm wrong but thats the feelin i get.

Yeah i get that but overall from what i get from alot of his posts is that he wants the site to be as good as possible and to be successful which isn't surprising as he's been here forever, but he can't be bothered with the work of an admin or mod, so instead he'll start topics when he doesn't like something, plus he usually starts a good discussion out of it.

He's like the non-admin admin of the forum. The voice of the people. If you've gotta a problem and the mods, psy, and duff aren't listening who do you call. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QD. lol. He'll bitch and moan (in the nicest possible way) until something either changes or the point gets heard.

Maybe i'm wrong but thats the feelin i get.

Yes... whats the problem with that? I did do the work of an admin and mod for many years. Also, it ain't up to me if i'm mod or admin, i've done it before and Psy decided i wasn't admin material because i made fun of someone threatening to sue Psy because of racism and crudeness on the site. SEE: Massacre. I decided to step down as a moderator because treefitty et al were doing a lot more for the site than i was... I want to site to be more active. The less moderation you have (Locking topics, deleting posts, suspending and or banning members) the more posts you have and the more activity you have. It doesn't chase away members because whens the last time you've been to a site, had someone call you proud american and went to yourself, GEE, i'm not going to that site any more, those people are meanies... ?? Never.

QD wanted to be allowed to troll more. That's all this topic was about.

You've missed the point. Your reading comprehension skills are next to zero.

The point isn't I want to be able to troll more. I troll all the time already, so have you, and so has any long term member of the site. I want new members to be able to troll more, make more stupid posts, and in general make an ass out of themselves because thats where activity comes from when a site isn't massively active and there isn't a lot of other shit to talk about.

I've present emperical evidence that supports my thesis in this topic, but all you heard is that i want to be able to troll more. Guess you weren't around when harrier, gigabit, omega, fido13, or Psycho (as a spammer with 3k posts in a month) were. The members asked for mods back then because they were needed. No one is asking for mods now.

Psy decided i wasn't admin material because i made fun of someone threatening to sue Psy because of racism and crudeness on the site. SEE: Massacre.

Am I being used as an example, or was I actually part of the problem in that situation? I vaguely remember that, but I don't think I was that bad back then. Now, yeah, definitely, I'm despicable, but not so much back then.

Also, I want to be allowed to troll more. Or rather, I don't want noob topics to be locked before I'm done.

As an example of Crudeness. But not racism.

Also, I want to be allowed to troll more. Or rather, I don't want noob topics to be locked before I'm done.

Also, this.

I feel like racist humor has lost it's shock value, that's why it degraded in value for humors sake. It's not enough the say the n word any more. It's all about the c word now. I.e - I hope your mum has a huge cancer.

Agreed. It's not as fun as it used to be. Also, 'proud american' has melded into the list of general insults, and isn't a slur against gays unless specifically directed at one, so we don't really get that anymore, either.

All in all, we're pretty fucking classy as of late.

The fact it took him this long to find the topic here is evidence of people not bothering to actually look through the forums.

Well I was looking through some old topics and found myself frustrated at the amount of 'locked topics' and found myself asking 'what is the admins problem?', seriously who cares if leaked info is fake, it's still cool to read and discuss so why are they all locked, it doesn;t matter if thet attract trolls, it's not like they're comments really bother anybody in the slightest.

the admins think they're so cool with all the power they have and lock topics purely on the basis of disageeing with the topic, lets face it we've not had any info on GTA 5 in a long time and right now i doubt we're getting any more for a long time so what's the problem in letting people discuss fake leaks and stuff and keep us excited, how are we supposed to get excited reading shit like 'in the trailer....' a point that's been pointed out so many times because the trailer was released 5 months ago.

anyway this topic will probably be locked within an hour but I just wanted to put it out there.

I love how every 14 year old comes in here saying the same thing. Yes we are cool. We love riding around in our cool cars with the cool spinner rims blasting our cool music and drive-by-lock topics because we "feel like it". That's just how cool we are. :scooter:

The topics get locked because they turn into spamfests. After the 20th person screaming "fake" there isn't a need to keep it open and push other [decent] topics down the page. Sorry if you weren't there in time to scream it too but that's not our fault. Quite a few of the "leak" topics are just repeats of the same stupid crap someone else already posted so there's even less reason to leave those ones open to more abuse when it was beaten to death already.

So really, what's the point of bumping a dead topic that was bullshit to begin with?

• Like 2

I love how every 14 year old comes in here saying the same thing. Yes we are cool. We love riding around in our cool cars with the cool spinner rims blasting our cool music and drive-by-lock topics because we "feel like it". That's just how cool we are. :scooter:

The topics get locked because they turn into spamfests. After the 20th person screaming "fake" there isn't a need to keep it open and push other [decent] topics down the page. Sorry if you weren't there in time to scream it too but that's not our fault. Quite a few of the "leak" topics are just repeats of the same stupid crap someone else already posted so there's even less reason to leave those ones open to more abuse when it was beaten to death already.

So really, what's the point of bumping a dead topic that was bullshit to begin with?

Why can't I be cool and do drive-by lock topics? Do I at least get to ride shotgun with an slingshot?

Lol. Votes for warnings.... Only once have I ever heard a mod say that another mods decision was wrong, and I even had access to the super secret mod board