This is a good point. I mean for those who are thinking of joining it puts them off if they think they will be attacked, but then again if they think there post will simply be ignored or 'locked' this may put them off to. In a way its swings and roundabouts.

Well, the problem right now is the lack of any new information. Once there's some news and screens there will be a flood of new members and topics..but right now there's only so much to say...and no point to have 3 topics on the same page saying it.

Guest Marney1

Might be a pain to do but how about sticking the forum rules link where new members with half a brain can see it? No good down there hidden in the bottom right of the screen. I know there's a sticky thread in the GTA V Discussion board but that's just telling people to use the search tools.

Maybe it needs to be up top alongside the other links? I know it won't stop idiots from diving in head first but at least the mods would be able tell them off with good reason and without looking like power hungry arseholes. I'm not complaining about the way staff are handling things btw, I like the new tough stance.

It was certainly more interesting back then, that's for sure. If there's nothing to talk about gta5 ways, there's always trashing so dumbfuck over the Internet. That's always entertaining.

Opx, you said its not a good idea to let people spam and flame an empty forum, but you never said why exactly. Duff man said it was because the topics were on the front page, but if that's the only reason, take the off the front page.

No fool on the internet is going "get scared" by bad topic names or shitty member.

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

This has got to be a joke. If you want us to allow any window licker to spam and flame in the GTA 5 forum just to gain a few more regulars, probably at the expense of losing a number of the veterans, I'd suggest PMing Psy directly. I'm not getting involved in anything like that. I like it here, and if I wanted to read about CJ being the protagonist because there's a black guy in the trailer 9000 times, I would go to GTAForums. In terms of members, quality is far better than quantity, as the Fallout and Skyrim threads prove. You don't need a lot of people to have a discussion, just a few intelligent people with decent ideas. There's nothing fun about some cunt spamming 'WEPA' everywhere.

Who is going to leave the forums because a member spams? You can easily block posts from certain members...

If some newb causes someone who has been a part of the forum for a year or more to leave, then that is a lollyroffle.

Guest Marney1

Who is going to leave the forums because a member spams? You can easily block posts from certain members...

If some newb causes someone who has been a part of the forum for a year or more to leave, then that is a lollyroffle.

At one point I seriously considered leaving because of the stupid shit pricks GTA V attracted, felt I was wasting my time coming here.

Well, then that is lollyroffle. You are coming on here to waste your time. Have you really gotten anything productive done while on the website???

Also, yeah, but you didn't.

Guest Marney1

Well, then that is lollyroffle. You are coming on here to waste your time. Have you really gotten anything productive done while on the website???

Also, yeah, but you didn't.

Well I try to post at least half thought out observations and try to post interesting things so I've probably been a bit more productive than the CJ fans.

Well, it's been two days so psy either doesn't want to respond or has suffered some sort of serious injury, so this is the last time in going to comment on this, so just think THINK about what I'm saying.

You lot have been moderators for a long time and think you know what works based on previous experience. Two and a half years later there is an empty forum that hasn't made any strides in gaining members. I know it's not in your interest to gain more members, but it is in psy's. What your doing isn't working so I made a suggestion about how to try to change things. I'm sure the status quo suits you, but it shouldn't suit psy.

My idea might not work but what we have been doing certainly didn't work.

Yours sincerely, A doublefine gentleman with an iPhone.

Why didn't I think of that sooner!!!!!

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

The moderators take their jobs way too seriously....

Guest Skribble

Personally, I think it looks much better for new visitors to see a locked topic than the disgusting amount f flaming that happens to the new members. Yes q, people will get scared off, not in a fearful way, but more in a sense of "these guys are all pricks". Attacking new members anywhere but the asylum for their shit posts should be cause for ban purely because it looks bad for the site. Just because we are used to it, doesn't mean these new members you are complaining about not having wont turn the other way when they see it. The mods are absolutely doing what is in psy's best interests in this case. Maybe there have been a few questionable decisions (not that I've noticed) but everyone makes mistakes. I have not seen these fascist power hungry mods you are talking about.

This is just my opinion..... From my iPhone.

Did you even read the topic in gta5 general from last night????? That topic was epic, and even the new members were into it.

In sorry, but your opinion is not supported by empirical fact

While I do feel sometimes topics are locked too quickly, which will certainly put off new members from posting, I'm happy with the way the moderation team are going about their business. I don't have the spare time they do to patrol the site, so if they think removing certain stuff will improve the website for it's members (and lets face it, they have 5 years experience), then I'm happy to go along with that. Unless I start to get a number of complaints from different members, I don't think they're doing anything wrong. And QD, as much as I appreciate your feedback, you almost ALWAYS have a problem with everything. It's useful because it helps us make things better, but you're someone who will never be happy with anything

besides a good cock up the arse of course

Guest Skribble

Building relationships based on picking on other people is how kids grow through high school, it destroys the kids getting bullied. And while I don't have a problem with that, we are not in school, we are not school kids. If people can't grow their relationships without bullying others the they are socially fucking retarded, and building a reputation for being complete cunts to new members will in no way improve the sites member base.

Thanks for responding psy, but let's face it, for the past five years we've had fewer and fewer members.

It's your site so if your happy with the way things are going, fine, but don't bring my ass or Mattays cock into it. I'm not happy with cock in my ass, in fact I'm angry about it, cause its not your cock.

But, that's all I wanted, some of your hot sweaty mantention.

Guest Marney1

can some one please tell me that how can i change my signature to phot or upload music

Try here first, if the answers aren't there then ask in the appropriate section.

You're welcome.

can some one please tell me that how can i change my signature to phot or upload music

Top-right of the forum is your name. Click it and go to "My Settings" and then choose "Signature" on the left. Then use the picture button just like posting in the forums.