Sign in to follow this  
Psy

Design a GTA 5 Ad Placeholder Banner

If anyone wants to help out with the site by designing a GTA 5 themed banner ad placeholder banner, feel free. There might be a reward if I like it enough and decide to use it.

You'll see the ad placeholder at the top and bottom of every page on the site. If people have ads blocked they'll just see the basic placeholder, so it would be nice to make this look more GTA 5 themed rather than a boring rectangle.

These are the two I need if you can be bothered...

728bg.png

http://www.igta5.com/img/728bg.png

300bg.png

http://www.igta5.com/img/300bg.png

I might have a go myself, but I'd probably just blend some images from the screencaps on our site to fill the dark grey bit. Post any ideas here.

It's possible, but not exactly something I was planning on doing. It's not supposed to be a big feature for the site. In order to fix people's website styling issues caused by the ads, I had to put them in an iframe. Because they're in an iframe, there's a gap where the ad was even if you have them hidden. So instead of leaving a random gap on every page, I used the bg image to highlight that an ad is supposed to be there.

This would just be to make the ad fit in more with the site for those who have them blocked. It wouldn't be clickable or do anything though, just visual.

Im assuming its occured to you to do adverts from brands featured in the GTA 5 trailer. Not just adverts from old games.

Yes, I thought of the golf course in the trailer and made this. I wasn't sure if the banner was the entire image or the inner box...

Prolaps was also in GTA IV. So I'm sure we'll see the return of some other SA brands.

post-28-0-54726000-1326386915.jpg

post-28-0-46071800-1326386931.jpg

post-28-0-83872100-1326390985.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

That's awesome. Shame it's not really possible to make them clickable, they'll just be background images, but that's the kind of thing that would be good.

If what you mean by not really being possible to click them forget it but if you can, what about this together with the link?

GTA SA_cluckin.jpg

Guest Marney1

Best to stick with GTA V ads as they're fresh as day in everyone's heads. OPX made a spelling mistake on the Crowex one though.

The bottom pattern killed it :P...the three from GTA 5 trailer are my fave. Cant decide between TF and OPs up n atom burger adverts.