With GTA V being set in a current day California it would'nt be out of place? I was just thinking if R* would actually do it... go one step further than the large amount of player custimization SA had? I undertsand it could have massive implications on the story line i.e you can't base the story around a black guy from the hood then the player is given the option to become chinese etc. but what if they limited the options with things like no skin colour change or race change just height, nose, chin, eyes, mouth apperance etc

Could it work? and how would feel about it if it was included?

I dont like that idea. It just doesnt seem right....however an antagonist that has loads of plastic surg would be funny. Mayby look like pete burns lol

gorgeous-1.jpg

Haha Pete Burns on a scooter doing drive-by's on vinewood boulevard....... can actually picture that happening in real life :huh:

Its not something I'd want either to be honest, with customizible protags I always end up tweaking and tweaking all the way through the game untill I get back to where I started becuase I feel thats the person I was given and who best suits the story, voice etc.. but if they put it in you don't have to use it I'm sure some people would like to have it?

GTA games aren't like Saints Row where they give you this blank slate to customize to your hearts content, they feature strong central characters. Messing around with Niko's face, for example, wouldn't improve the story...in fact it would detract from it in my opinion.

• Like 1

i dont like the idea. i agree with optimum, it would probably take away from the story. GTA isn't saints row, there is actually a storyline and some seriousness in it.

It could work but I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't in the game. GTA really is about one specific person's story, and part of that is their appearence. Multiplayer is where facial customisation would really come into its own.

• Like 2

Things like Saints Row are based around the protag being whoever you want it to be. Yourself, your friend, a 20 stone Zombie with boobs and clown make up if you wish.

GTA is about a specific persons story. Don't think this would benefit the game.

I would not like this idea, GTA is not like saints row, i have saints row the third and i hated the character coustmization, who the hell is gonna look at his nose and i had no clue what most of the options where. Can you tell me what bilateral width of a forehead is ????? Gta should have good clothes and things that you really notice, "like wow those gold stud earings make my character look good."

I think it could make for an interesting mission... like, you got a girlfriend that is going to kill you unless you do enough crimes to pay for her nose job... or maybe a disgruntled husband pays you to kill his supermodel wife with botox... but other than that, pass.

a disgruntled husband pays you to kill his supermodel wife with botox...

I'm surprised there hasn't been a mission in one of the Hitman games that had you pose as a plastic surgeon to kill someone with botox.

• Like 1

A plastic surgery could make a decent business to own. Didn't watch much Nip/Tuck but from the ads it always seemed like they were involved with pretty seedy characters.

In nip'tuck they were pretty seedy themselves but they had loads of money from it. Maybe own a private healthcare company, would be good.

I reckon its going to play some part in the game, you can't base something in "LA" and ignore it... it's almost as well known for that as it is movies! A mission where you have to pretend to be a surgeon would be funny, one of the antagonist your working for knows a enemy is going in for nose job at a plastic surgeons your ordered to cut his cock off and stitch it to his forehead! :P

You can have in-depth character customization as in the anonymous Saints Row and still are a defined person. I can imagine the game revolves around e.g. Joe Smith, 35yrs and of caucasian heritage, but exactly how this guy looks is up to the player. Doubt this will happen at all, I guess the best in character customization will be the likes of San Andreas, but it's not impossible if the person has a name and background, which I guess is certain for 5's character

You can have in-depth character customization as in the anonymous Saints Row and still are a defined person. I can imagine the game revolves around e.g. Joe Smith, 35yrs and of caucasian heritage, but exactly how this guy looks is up to the player. Doubt this will happen at all, I guess the best in character customization will be the likes of San Andreas, but it's not impossible if the person has a name and background, which I guess is certain for 5's character

Not quite, I believe Rockstar design a characters features to show their personality etc... And it would look stupid if you designed "John Smith" completely wrong and the seriousness of the cutscenes would just wear off.

Well you could have CJ running around like an undernourished hippie aswell as a buffed out hooligan aswell as an obese gangster from the hood and it's still the same character, altho not every look blends in with the rags-to-riches-bro from the hood (not to mention the cutscenes).

No difference if you had more options to customize the looks of the protagonist.

Well you could have CJ running around like an undernourished hippie aswell as a buffed out hooligan aswell as an obese gangster from the hood and it's still the same character, altho not every look blends in with the rags-to-riches-bro from the hood (not to mention the cutscenes).

No difference if you had more options to customize the looks of the protagonist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think by plastic surgery he meant facial features, not amount of muscle/fat. But I see what you're saying. If you look at CJ's face you know it's CJ, but if you could customize the character's facial features the protagonist's personality and characteristics would just loose it's touch imo.

Guest Marney1

and i thought this was a link to a fun threat in relation to the omg theres dogs in gta5 thing...

No one's threatened anyone.

Can you tell me what bilateral width of a forehead is ?????

bi·lat·er·al/bīˈlatərəl/

Adjective:

• Having or relating to two sides; affecting both sides.
  • Involving two parties, usually countries.

hurr durr i cant google

Gta should have good clothes and things that you really notice, "like wow those gold stud earings make my character look good."

Yeah because somebody would really notice some gold stud earings, but hey, nobody notices a nose right?

Goon.