Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Games Testers Wanted for GTA V

Guest Marney1

Fuck Edinburgh is a long trek from New Zealand...

It's only 2 buses you lazy cunt.

And a kayak.

It would get old fast playing GTA - or any game, for that matter - the way a tester has to play. Being a game tester is the most boring, repetitive job you could do, short of working on an assembly line.

It would get old fast playing GTA - or any game, for that matter - the way a tester has to play. Being a game tester is the most boring, repetitive job you could do, short of working on an assembly line.

The entire industry is pretty much. Its pretty shit, long hours with relatively crap pay, not very inspiring either, you can come out of Uni and be looking at 10-15 years making shovelware for the wii before you even get a relatively decent job.

Guest Marney1

I know 3 games testers who work for Sony Liverpool (one a cousin) and they said the excitement wears off very quickly. Me, I'd rather play GTA V when it's done and not before.

Plus £14,000 wouldn't leave me with much after paying my rent.

Edit: Plus I lived in Scotland for 9 years and it pissed down most of the time.

Can you please stop posting in every topic with just

wepa!!

It's getting kinda annoying seeing as it's not a real word.

I would apply but I'm not sure if they'd help move me from US to a place close to the studio.

Guest Marney1

Can you please stop posting in every topic with just

wepa!!

It's getting kinda annoying seeing as it's not a real word.

I would apply but I'm not sure if they'd help move me from US to a place close to the studio.

Try somewhere closer.

And yeah that word should be filtered to "I'm a paedophile".

I could apply for Community Manager but the price of living in New York metro area and this is sorta holding me back

Previous experience in community management, public relations, or communicating information to the public a huge plus.

Other then that I think I could give a shot, I'd really have to bite my lips sometimes when I read comments about stuff so that there wouldn't be another Oceans Marketing PR scandal.

Edinburgh... I understand that's where Rockstar North is located, but is that really the best place to find game testers? But then again I don't see much other choice as they are the main team on V and they only have one R*North HQ there.

If that was closer i would probably apply, even though it would get dull quick so do many other jobs. And the pay is adverage for work of manual labour but below par for an I.T job. Since im 19 i dont need the money, but its scotland and so i cant apply.

Jedward used to test games, i cant imagine them doing it properly.

@grove. Tester test every apsect, if they change one minor part they have to test it works. So they would have to be at the very start testing gameplay.

Games testing is fucking boring. What GTA fan would want to ruin the game for themselves by replaying sequences for hours on end trying to replicate bugs? Definitely not my cup of tea.

Games testing is fucking boring. What GTA fan would want to ruin the game for themselves by replaying sequences for hours on end trying to replicate bugs? Definitely not my cup of tea.

At least it makes it better for us who wait, hopefully for a bug free game. But I hope they "overlook" and don't see the swing glitch presuming there are swings, because that was great and didn't ruin the game.

At what stage of development would they be bringing game testers in? Near complete or just testing certain aspects at this stage?

It can happen at any point. Typically its when theyve got a 60% done game that is starts, however they could be testing a major feature.

Guest Marney1

Edinburgh... I understand that's where Rockstar North is located, but is that really the best place to find game testers? But then again I don't see much other choice as they are the main team on V and they only have one R*North HQ there.

Well where would you suggest, is there a part of the world where expert games testers reside?

Well where would you suggest, is there a part of the world where expert games testers reside?

I answered it in the next sentence. In other words, I don't know. But is that where you believe expert game testers live?

At what stage of development would they be bringing game testers in? Near complete or just testing certain aspects at this stage?

Anytime after they actually start programming the game. As soon as the loading screen has been programmed, that needs to be tested, so basically from there onwards. They test everything from the game booting properly upwards. It's an incredibly boring job for the most part, as you spend most of the time re-playing unfinished sections of the game, and that's assuming you're actually testing the game itself. The biggest benefit really is that it gives you a foot in the door if you're interested in a better position. I recall reading an article from a woman who got into the industry through QA testing, and said one of her first jobs was to open and close the disc tray for the 360 for about an hour. It's far from the 'dream job' the media portrays it to be.

Also that QA tester job has been there for months

Rockstar will already have plenty of testers who have been working on the game throughout the development process, but the fact they're taking on new ones probably means they're getting towards completion. There'll still be a good few months of testing to go through, but generally it tends to happen near the end of the game, so the signs are good that it might be out this year.

Rockstar will already have plenty of testers who have been working on the game throughout the development process, but the fact they're taking on new ones probably means they're getting towards completion. There'll still be a good few months of testing to go through, but generally it tends to happen near the end of the game, so the signs are good that it might be out this year.

They're working on Agent too, the testers may not be exclusively for V. But yeah, there tends to be more testing toward the end of project so I hope so :D

I answered it in the next sentence. In other words, I don't know. But is that where you believe expert game testers live?

I think there might be expert game testers in Tokyo. They are experts on technology.

They're working on Agent too, the testers may not be exclusively for V. But yeah, there tends to be more testing toward the end of project so I hope so :D

I highly doubt they're testing to for Agent to be honest, I don't even think they've release a trailer for the game.

Guest Marney1

I highly doubt they're testing to for Agent to be honest, I don't even think they've release a trailer for the game.

You are correct they haven't released a trailer for Agent, just a logo.

A cover letter is basically why you want the job, its an extention to a C.V, i presume since they send an application pack they are using this as space for you to fully explain your experience. Use words that describe you as a person, say you have a tenacious approach to work and discuss your love of graphic and video games, if you have any experience spin it so it relates to the job your appling for.

Are you gunna apply?