Guest Marney-1

Saints Row

read my up date i just put and then you will under stand about why they did it so close. and you also will see why there is composition.

Re: Your status update:

Rockstar wouldn't have known when Saints Row IV was going to release, and they wouldn't have delayed their game to have its release be closer to SR4's...

Re-watched the trailer, pausing between all the pointless text frames to better investigate the game. Same clothing, only a couple new additions. Steelport looks exactly the same, other than the signs being changed to reflect the presence of their new alien overlord (Seriously? <_<). Same cars, same graphical quality.

It looks like all they're doing is charging $60 for the $20 DLC.

• Like 1

After the THQ CEO said he was disappointed with SR3, I was expecting a good comeback, but the company dissolved.

It's like Activision and Square Enix, what looks to be a promising game of True Crime turns into Sleeping Dogs, which isn't half as bad as SR3 or what SR4 looks to be.

I'll be passing on this purchase and selling my SR3 soon.

There were several shots of the protagonist sporting a suit and doing political things. I'm not really sure how they're going to handle the story on this one.

Enter the Dominatrix, when it was first introduced as a DLC for SR3, had a Matrix vibe, both in the title and that the whole thing had a simulation feel to it. I'm curious if aliens and superpowers are the proper game, or if they're going to be retconning some of the unnecessary parts of SR3's storyline by claiming it was part of a simulation. If not, it seems like the aliens are going to be SR4's version of S.T.A.G.

I'm very iffy on this whole thing. Despite what some people (dumbasses) say, SR3 was a great game, the series still has tons of potential, and I don't want to give up on it because they made a lazy copy/paste of SR3. I really hope the previews in the coming months put my fears to rest.

There were several shots of the protagonist sporting a suit and doing political things. I'm not really sure how they're going to handle the story on this one.

Enter the Dominatrix, when it was first introduced as a DLC for SR3, had a Matrix vibe, both in the title and that the whole thing had a simulation feel to it. I'm curious if aliens and superpowers are the proper game, or if they're going to be retconning some of the unnecessary parts of SR3's storyline by claiming it was part of a simulation. If not, it seems like the aliens are going to be SR4's version of S.T.A.G.

I'm very iffy on this whole thing. Despite what some people (dumbasses) say, SR3 was a great game, the series still has tons of potential, and I don't want to give up on it because they made a lazy copy/paste of SR3. I really hope the previews in the coming months put my fears to rest.

It's an opinion, so no one is a dumb ass. I think it had a funny story and good campaign, but the graphics sucked and after there was nothing to do, I haven't touched my game since completing the main story. It should have been a lot better considering the amount of time THQ had on it.

After the THQ CEO said he was disappointed with SR3, I was expecting a good comeback, but the company dissolved.

It's like Activision and Square Enix, what looks to be a promising game of True Crime turns into Sleeping Dogs, which isn't half as bad as SR3 or what SR4 looks to be.

I'll be passing on this purchase and selling my SR3 soon.

hay brian i will buy that off of you if you want me to.

i dunno, playing as the US president might be interesting :lol:... i am just having a hard time wrapping my brain around what exactly this game is about... aliens? super powers? more saint's publicity? they did save the word from STAG, maybe the country anointed them the rulers of dis place...

en den dis alien race cumz in an is like, "fuck dat! we be takin' over dis shit"... an dey hav ta fight dem wiff supa powa's!!

Saints Row is good for when you want to depart from the serious atmosphere of launching your ice-cream truck high into the air via a demonic swing set and impart some whimsicality into your 3rd-person action-adventure experience. Who doesn't want to shoot up a mall in an alien costume with your friend who happens to be dressed as Jesus?

Saints Row is good for when you want to depart from the serious atmosphere of launching your ice-cream truck high into the air via a demonic swing set and impart some whimsicality into your 3rd-person action-adventure experience. Who doesn't want to shoot up a mall in an alien costume with your friend who happens to be dressed as Jesus?

That's enjoyable yes, but there needs to be some balance. You want to put in some crazy easter eggs that wont affect the main story, sure, but a game that was supposed to be about gangsters is now about fighting aliens as the president? Fuck off. Having an alien hidden in a spot on the map or something that you have to find on your own time, like bigfoot in RDR or the mystery man, ok, but keep the rubbish out of the actual story. They completely molested the original idea of Saints Row in the process. Lets look.

Saints Row: You join a gang down on it's luck, and bring it back to it's former glory. It's srs business. A basic GTA clone with a compelling story. Wasn't amazing but fun to play.

Saints Row 2: You were in a coma, Saints are in disarray, the city has been taken over by some big corporation and once again you have to restore your gang and the natural order. Lots of new features and customization options that made the game fun, plus they added attack choppers, APCs, planes, etc. A much needed upgrade. Story was a little surreal but still plausible. And the game was mad fun and left lots for you to do after you finished the story.

Saints Row 3: The Saints have become international celebrities for robbing banks, killing etc, and sign autographs for their adoring fans (wtf?) Then they're dropped in a new city and forced to take down a rival gang who utilizes cloned giant gangsters to overpower opponents. Then you must deal with zombies, mexican wrestlers, a gang from the matrix, and a private army with weapons straight from James Cameron's Avatar. Half of the cars, modifications, clothing, and other options from the previous game were removed, instead were given a set of giant fists, a VR tank, and some fucking guy wearing a japanese cat suit, (among other stupid additions) The game was incredibly easy and offered no challenge (I beat it, side missions and all in 3 days) plus the story made me want to have a fucking aneurism.

And now we arrive at Saints Row 4, where apparently this gangster who was literally picked up off the street in the first game, has somehow become the President of the fucking United States? Forced to fight off an alien invasion using super powers? THIS IS SAINTS ROW, NOT FUCKING INDEPENDENCE DAY WITH SUPERMAN.

• Like 1

Minor info.

http://www.destructo...iv-249355.phtml

http://www.destructo...r3-249217.phtml

I will never pick up another Saints Row as long as I live...

I'll take pics of the mech suit for you.

I see what you're trying to do there and at this point.... actually that's pretty plausible given the progression of SR. If they include a mech suit I may consider it.