Guest Marney-1

Saints Row

if you want GTA 5 to be like san andreas again, play saints row 3... why complain that GTA is too serious now when you can play a fun saints row series to fill in that need... fucking people complain too much... they want the world, chico... and everything in it...

I wanna play the Scarface game now. It's probably not aged well, but it was a great game for its time, considering it already had GTA, The Godfather and Mafia franchise to compete with. (only GTA was above it back then though)

• Like 1

I 100% Saint's Row 3 last week, all the DLC, all the side shit. I thought I was going to give up with the challenges and shit, but I ended up finishing everything.

I have to agree with everyone on here, IV is much better than SR3, but I still had a fuckton of fun with it, but I'll never pick it up again.

i just ordered this for monday. i know its late. but i need something to occupy my time till gta 5. don't play many games. and i've done literally everything with GTA 4, even driving around mindlessly killing people is boring

SR seems like more fun though, when looking at videos etc. but not as realistic as gta.

They have said the game will be a whole lot more whackier and wilder than The Third, and the new DLC "Enter The Dominatrix" is now being rolled in with 4!

I don't know what it is, but SR2 seemed way better than SR3 in my opinion.

I thought I was the only one. It aggravates me that all the cool features they put into SR2, were removed in SR3. The customisation was whack, no more robberies, no interiors, shit activities (in comparison), a worse and smaller map, less missions/weapons/clothes/properties, worse characters. In fact, the only thing that was better about SR3 was the visuals,

I think SR2 got the balance right, I don't enjoy games like SR3, it felt like I was playing Simpsons Hit & Run or something. I don't want to kill zombies and act in sci-fi movies. I just want a hollywood style 'rags to riches' gangster flick, a bit like the older GTA games.

i heard that game wasn't all that good either (mundane, glitchy)... i am sure saints row 4 has been in development for a while now, so at least we can expect that to go as planned, with maybe a delay because of minor additions or changes... but for the most part, i think it's already got it's blueprint, whatever that may be...

• Like 1

I 100% Saint's Row 3 last week, all the DLC, all the side shit. I thought I was going to give up with the challenges and shit, but I ended up finishing everything.

I have to agree with everyone on here, IV is much better than SR3, but I still had a fuckton of fun with it, but I'll never pick it up again.

hay since you will never pick it up again can i have it?

have fun being board.

I didn't know Tanner was still alive.

I just assume everyone who isn't around is dead.

*Plays SR3*

He's alive. He's been pottering around eastern Europe with the misses. Facebook tells me everything about everyone... I may play this... Waiting for GTA V is a tedious grind.

i mean ive played it to the point it has glitched entirely. the disk also looks like its been keyed.

My disc is pristine (I treat them all like a curator treats the Shroud of Turin), but I'm having the same problems. I blame you.

yea, i handle by game discs like i'm disarming a nuke... very carefully... the good thing about blu rays though is they're harder to scratch so if the unthinkable ever happens, i know it'll be OK... even PS3 games i rent have absolutely no scratches...

i wonder if i am still rocking my T-1000 character :D...

04.jpg

coming out 23rd August 2013....

AWWWWWWWWWWW shit, dawg, we have a showdown on our hands. A bit of a strange move taking on GTA V head on, but I can afford both games, so I'm not bothered.

TBH, it looks identical to 3.

The only reason i got SR3, was because it was a major update (was it a new engine also?) with decent looking mechanics and a graphics upgrade. Unless they prove this next game to be a big enough an update to grant it a 'IV' and not just a same game, new map, then i probably wont be buying it... GTA got away with it, because it's GTA. SR3 only held my attention until i got 100%. I played it the other day and felt very bored replaying missions.

Wow. Way to make an entire game that just looks like an expansion. Of course, it basically is an expansion.

Originally, the Enter the Dominatrix dlc - which became Saints Row IV - was going to take place one year after Saints Row 3. For an expansion, that's fine, but unless they've changed it to be five years or something, I have a problem with it. Five years passed between Saints Row and Saints Row 2, and they use what they referred to as 'comic book development' to explain why so much had changed in the city in only five years. The number of changes made re-using Stilwater okay to me, but I can't see much changing in Steelport in such a short amount of time.

I'll buy it, because it's free-roaming, and I can sink several hundred hours into it, but I'd better see some damned impressive shit between now and August.

Edit: Oh, and it was a stupid move releasing it so close to GTA V. They could've had a chance if they had done something original, but copy/pasting SR3 isn't going to win the battle.