Guest Marney-1

Saints Row

I am now a huge fan of Jason Rubin. This is brilliant, the new president of the company cancelled a DLC that would have made a lot of money because he saw that Saints Row had the potential to be so much more than it is. I am very happy with this. I really hope Saints Row becomes a AAA franchise. It definitely could be, in the right hands.

• Like 2

Hmm, who would have thought 8 months ago that I'd be playing this more than Skyrim now?

I finally played some co-op today. It's pretty cool. I've also been dicking about with the character creator. Here's my Bruce Dickinson model. Sorry I couldn't get a better angle.

[bruce]

There are some pretty decent characters on the saint's row website (I uploaded Bruce there). I quite enjoy blowing shit up as Stanley Ipkiss.

Dude, I was gonna say HOLY SHIT YOUr DoDE LOOKS LIKE BRUCE DICKINSON

then I read and you were trying to make him. All im sayin is good job lol. I didnt even need to see first it was supposed to be him.

Just started my second play through finally. I forgot how awesome this game actually is. Definitely the sort of sandbox experience to hold back all the GTA fans until V.

Just tried playing online and it asked me to buy an online pass... Because i originally installed it on my 60gb-PS3-fat... I might ring sony and ask for a free code, as it's not like im being cheap, i bought the game new, and my old PS3 ylod'd on me, and I barely got to play co-op or whored modes.

Here's my new character.She's named Saint Marry, and she's a Cos Play addict, So she always wears outlandish fancy dress outfits. Oh and she's Russian xD

post-28-0-76598600-1342003128.jpg

icon11.gif

What did ur character look like on your first play through?

I imagine since you took the time to mod yourself in SA, you took the time to morph the face to loo exactly like you.

I am now a huge fan of Jason Rubin. This is brilliant, the new president of the company cancelled a DLC that would have made a lot of money because he saw that Saints Row had the potential to be so much more than it is. I am very happy with this. I really hope Saints Row becomes a AAA franchise. It definitely could be, in the right hands.

I think that's the guy who invented Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter. I might have to check out Saints Row 4 if hes working on it.

icon11.gif

What did ur character look like on your first play through?

I imagine since you took the time to mod yourself in SA, you took the time to morph the face to loo exactly like you.

Nah my first character was male, but looked mostly like agent 47 through-out the entire play-through. Bald and wore suits.

i tried to create agent 47 in saints row 2 but i couldn't get the leather gloves to appear while wearing a suit!! never tried it in 3... speaking of saints row 3, i might need to "borrow" you at some point dupzor... there's one challenge keeping me from achieving platinum, and it's a challenge i didn't realize i needed until i wiped out all the gangs in steelport... it's the "taunt 50 gang members" challenge... only once in a blue moon do i run across a group of gang members in their "old" territory on single player... i might have to join someones game who doesn't mind me doing my own thing for 30 minutes, while chipping in with missions here and there to help you out... i can't join a game where the gangs were wiped out like mine...

do challenge points even carry over into your own game?? hmm...

i finally got this back from my friend who never played it... so i want to at least try to knock out this platinum trophy out before i never get the chance again... and again, i need to join someones game to do it... i would of asked massacre ages ago, but we already tried to hook up and his internet said i wasn't worthy :(...

i tried to create agent 47 in saints row 2 but i couldn't get the leather gloves to appear while wearing a suit!!

There's a shirt with a tie and short sleeves at the shop across the main bridge to the second island (the one near Saints HQ). I realize that's useless now, but, there you go.

i would of asked massacre ages ago, but we already tried to hook up and his internet said i wasn't worthy :(...

Going to be leeching a 4G connection sometime soon, we'll see how that goes. Regardless of the trophy situation (I don't even think I have any), I want to fuck around in co-op with someone.

dude, when you put the suit on in SR2 (EDIT), the gloves went bye-bye.... short sleeves and gloves just doesn't feel right... i wanted the real deal... the same was what kept me from seeing the real "hunter thompson"

hunter.jpg

the fucking golf shoes!!.. lol no, the socks and shoes... i've tried to built numerous characters but give up when i can't get it close enough... here's my walter sobchak from the big lebowski (so glad these are the start of my TV picture taking)...

walter.jpg

he's wearing a female vest!! :lol:... there wasn't one for men :D...

like i said, not being able to put agent 47 with the gloves drove me nuts, and i wasn't about to use short sleeves... it was the longer coats that forced the game to remove any hand obstructions for fear of clipping...

Playing through the game, seems to be pretty good all round. It almost doesn't take itself seriously enough, though. If they were going to totally rip off GTA San Andreas by going down the route of wackiness they should have included giant countryside sections too, though.

I advise against any of the cheap packs, although I hear the gun in the Shark Attack Pack is more useful than the regular shotguns in the game. Also, of the proper DLC's, skip Genki Bowl, it's just retooled versions of the pre-existing activities. I heard Gangsters in Space and The Trouble with Clones are okay.

Yeah, while some of the packs sound interesting, I think I will just go with what's on the disc for now. The Shark Attack looked fun, but everything appears to be a one hit wonder. As far as the big DLC packs, I will probably end up getting all of them (provided I like the main game enough) just because I am a nasty achievement whore.

I don't have a single achievement for this game - I always start cheating immediately when it comes to Saints Row. Too fun to resist.

The only DLC that seemed substantial to me was Enter the Dominatrix, which, if you've skimmed the last couple pages, you know was cancelled and is being expanded into SR4. The Trouble with Clones interests me, though. If I buy any of the DLC, it'll probably be that one.

^must still be playing...

i was thinking about playing it too since i finally got it back from the friend i let borrow it... it's been staring at me for a week...

*pops in SR3, then realizes he was doing laundry*

*starts folding clothes*

i might give this game another go, got it in December and I don't think I have played it atall since the new year began. I got sick of it pretty fast. s

Then after ten minutes, you'll realize it was boring as fuck.