Guest Marney-1

Saints Row

As much as i wanted this game, i have to wait until after Christmas, i have too many games to play atm and not enough money. So it just makes sense to play them all in order and then pick this up maybe a little cheaper in the January sales.

i was confused about pierce... i thought he died in saints row 2, getting brutally murdered by the brotherhood...

That was Carlos. And Pierce is actually pretty cool this time around. Still can't get over what a badass Shaundi turned into after... Well, you know what happens.

Also, I beat this last night. Two different endings, different rewards for each. Two really stupid but fun outfits from an earlier mission, but they were so stupid they had to save them for after the game. You get to replay the final mission for the other ending, and that's the only one you get to replay. Yes, they took out re-playable missions. You also can't re-watch the cutscenes. Great game, though.

Nah, I just couldn't pull myself away from the missions. I really got into this one. Starting a slower file today.

Every single mission has at least one over-the-top ridiculous moment. Except the eight or so mini-missions that introduce you to the same fucking side activities you've been doing since SR1. They're classified as real missions, but they're not. They're side activities with dialogue.

I'm not impressed. Just bought it, played through the first three missions, which were fun, but the game seems to be a bit of a downgrade from Saints 2. For instance, far less customisation, there's only two clothing stores, no jewellery stores and crib and gang customisation seems to be completely gone.

Remember on Saints 2 you could buy a t-shirt, then buy a shirt on top and chose to have it unbuttoned? Not possible anymore. One store (the Saints one) sells everything, you can change the colours, but thats about it. The other store (the fancy dress one) sells, in my opinion, stupid shit.

Further, the map also feels considerably smaller than Saints 2, I'm not sure it actually is, but it sure feels it. On top of that it feels like there's even less interiors than were on Saints 2 (WTF??).

The reasons I loved Saints were the incredible customisation and the crazy yet not 'stupid' stuff you could do. This game feels like they've compromised the customisation for the craziness, the end result being plain stupidity.

Oh, and there's no more robbing stores. Cheers THQ.

It may be that I'm playing this game amidst such other impressive titles (Arkham City, BF3, Skyrim) but it really feels like a let down. I'm also not sure why all the review sites have given this game such high reviews? Bizzarre. Anyway, save your cash folks. I'm planning on selling this thing, I'm going to give it a couple more hours, but at this rate its on eBay by the end of the day.

I'm not impressed. Just bought it, played through the first three missions, which were fun, but the game seems to be a bit of a downgrade from Saints 2. For instance, far less customisation, there's only two clothing stores, no jewellery stores and crib and gang customisation seems to be completely gone.

Further, the map also feels considerably smaller than Saints 2, I'm not sure it actually is, but it sure feels it. On top of that it feels like there's even less interiors than were on Saints 2 (WTF??).

Yeah, they dropped a lot of things that I liked about SR2, it's a huge downgrade, but it's still a great game. Just finish it.

There are four clothing stores that I know of: Planet Saints (derp), Let's Pretend (costume shop), Nobody Loves Me (Hot Topic, emo shit, a couple decent items), . The jewelry, which sucks, is sold within the stores instead of its own store. There is gang customization, you unlock it after you get a proper headquarters in a few missions, and you unlock the styles of the other gangs as you near the end of their story arcs.

And Steelport is actually much bigger than Stilwater, but it feels smaller because it's more dense, like GTA IV's Liberty City. Stilwater had a lot of short buildings and open spaces, so it looked a lot bigger.

yea, i've only found 3 clothing shops, and yea, they did remove a lot of clothing customizations, including being able to put logos on stuff... jewelry usually sat outside the shirt, but in SR3, the only way you see it is if you're shirtless... the driving to me got much better, i no longer get stuck on park benches or light posts... driving isn't a chore anymore... plus, i don't remember bikes in SR2, or i just hated using them... they're fun in SR3, and the car customizing is stellar...

i am still in the infant stages of the story, i haven't even been introduced to any other gang than the syndicate... yes, i own most of the center island, and about 6 fully customized cars, a few player upgrades and weapon upgrades... i've done a lot for not being very far into the game...

Decided to keep it and play it through. I was wrong about gang customisation. Although the amount of stuff they removed from the second one has led me to sell the third. I would never sell the second though. That says something. Ah well, Skyrim, BF3 and Arkham City can keep me company till Mass Effect 3, and that will do me until GTA V I guess.

02.jpg

proof that you can be big pimpin', even on a faggio :D... as long as you have a dominatrix with you of course... i actually use this vehicle a lot, it's easy to manuever in and out of traffic with it... i'll take some better pics of my rides and looks soon... i've got a few looks, but i generally have a white/purple/gold scheme on the rides...

i am also near the end of the 2nd act, the story is starting to take center stage now that i am done with all the beginner missions with my new followers... i seem to be attacking each faction evenly, but STAGS is all over the place now...

• Like 1

i just beat saints row 3 about a couple hours ago... i took the good ending, and enjoyed the nice bonus mission at the end :D... this game amped up the fun factor down the stretch... lots of variety and zany situations... i will play the alternate ending someday since it saves the last mission for replaying over and over... lots of choices in the game though, i missed out on my first stronghold by blowing the mother fucker up... too bad too, i would of liked to of seen it all lit up in purple, instead of a smoke stack... i think it's the tallest building too...

now i am thinking about starting up a new character to play around as for a while... a hot chick with barely anything on... ohh yea :D... but i still have lots of stuff to finish up with my main file, so it's not like i won't be switching back and forth...

so, you can't replay missions, huh?? that kinds sucks, there were a few i'd love to replay at my own leisure... i definately had fun in steelport, and man do i love that specter bike!!! it's like one of those things from the star wars movies!! or from the movie, "the island"... fun as hell...

Guest Marney1

Sooo uh is it worth buying like is it good or should I wait until its 20 bucks?

If I were you I'd read the entire thread and make up my own mind.

03.jpg

this should of been the cover art for this game... this second time through is starting to get better than the 1st time through... and it's not the story or anything, it's enjoying the sandbox :D... getting to missions is awesome once you know how to deal with mayhem around you... you can cause a little mayhem here and there, all on the way to doing what it is you were doing... and if you can't shake the cops or gangs, buy a nearby store and hideout there...

but also emersing yourself into the world of steelport is rewarding... and it's not just sexist either like the photo would suggest (well, that's exactly what i was going for in the photo), there's a lot of female characters in this game too, all the way to the top of the cast... it's a game that just goes all out, and doesn't care what you're doing in it, you're just as crazy as everything else happening around you...

seriously, this game has been worth the 60 bucks, and i still haven't done an assassination mission, or car theft on either file... i've been meaning to do that, i just keep getting distracted obviously... ahem, i would have to say, this is one of the best sandboxes this year...

Finally got this. Played about an hour. Loving it so far.

Still undecided if it feels like a new game, or a more polished and upgraded SR2.

Story (that of it I've played so far) is no great feat, but any game that has a button just for nut shots is a-ok in my book.

the controls are for the most part the same, but it does feel better... they've cleaned up their engine structure a lot, especially in the driving... the cars kinda feel invincible, which is a lot better than feeling like it was made out of cardboard... aiming is a little more precise and responsive... if i spray a crowd with the minigun, i feel like every bullet made an impact...

and the missions are way better... sure, protecting your friends from the sky with a rocker launcher pops up often, or clearing a room full of waves of enemies feels repetitive at times... but the game usually offers up an interesting twist to the mission at hand anyways, creating less of a repetitive feeling...

i wouldn't go as far as to say it's saints row 2.5, but it does feel pretty familiar... but there's enough new stuff here to call it a new entry, it feels like a proper sequel, especially with a new city to play around in... the only thing that bugs me is the clothing options... like what was said earlier in this thread, they've eliminated a lot of upper body combinations... no more 3 tier options, nor are there socks!! i actually got upset at the sock part because i was half-way to creating a hunter s. thompson character when i realized i couldn't give him his signature look :angry:...

tumblr_krtrxvuv9n1qa1iiqo1_500.jpg

i was able to in saints row 2;

hunter.jpg

sorry for the bad pic, i had an SDTV back then :P... but yea, i am a little upset about the clothing options, but i still think the fun factor was a lot better in the 3rd entry compared to the 2nd one... and bravo anyways volition, saints row has turned into a great series...

Little bit further in.

Missions are a bit boring and some repetative now. Seems like you start off so big (bank robbery etc.) to only have to complete trail blazing, insurance fraud etc. straight after like 3 big missions.

When I read about not having to earn respect to continue with the story, I figured these would be the extras I'd play to keep me going once the story was complete. And they don't seem to tie into the story, well, at all. For example, Insurance Fraud is said to toughen you up. (I mean, who doesn't throw themeless into traffic to avoid those high cost gym memberships.) But these weirdly makes sense, yet I don't understand how driving an atv, on fire, causing damage to anything reasonably close is helping me catch The Syndicate.

I was never expecting a polished, perfect story line, and I know it's an over the top experience, but I was hoping for some more over the top missions. Instead I'm having to run into a building and shoot The Syndicate over and over and over again. Thats after shooting some beer cans and cats in the Super Ethical Reality Climax.

those missions are just there to introduce you to the side missions... once you're past those, and you've assembled your crew and done their mini-missions, the game gets back to the story and over-the-top antics...

it's just those first few hours are more of a training excercise...

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.