Guest Marney-1

Saints Row

I'm a West Coast Eagles fan and our captain of several years was taking drugs on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, wound up winning the Brownlow (Aussie Rules season MVP) and we played in two Grand Finals for one Premiership. I loved watching him play and yet I don't take drugs nor am I interested in them. I will play GTA5 and I will still not take drugs.

I agree that our classifications don't appropriately resemble society, their education level or their access to paraphernalia about drugs, sex and violence as well as drugs, sex and violence themselves. When GTA5 comes out I WILL drive down the footpath running people in Vinewood. I WILL walk into gang territory and open fire. I WILL walk along the beach punching random people before defending myself from attack, with gunfire if I have to. I will not be doing these things in real life. I agree that many games are not for an under 18 audience and there should be measures in place to restrict the access to children but let the rest of us, who know the difference between life and fantasy, play the games we want to play as they were intended to be played.

Thanks for reading, I'll be in my meth lab if you need me.

You got my full support Barrybran...... go Australia the land of free health care.

*Glares*

Go on. Tell us how Australia is free healthcare land.

*Glares deeper*

Ummmm.......Ummmmmm.......Shut Up.

Their trailers are improving. They just might manage to sell this to most of the people who said they were done after 3. I wasn't one of those people, mind you. I know how to have fun and not bitch about my games.

GTA's inconsistent release schedule is plenty of reason to play SR. Once 4 is out, there will have been 3 Saints Row games released between GTA IV and V. I wouldnt have been so comfortable with the wait if it werent for SR.

Exactly. Nothin' like creating a Trevor lookalike and wreaking havoc all over Steelport or Stillwater to bide the time until September.

• Like 1

nope, i am still not sold and i am truly being open to the idea because i liked 2 and 3... but it's not saint's row anymore... the humor is there, but the game isn't... why am i flying through space and fighting aliens? why are there mech robots and people with super powers? this whole alien concept changed the game completely... it might of been a decent add-on for SR3, but it is not worthy of it's own number in the franchise...

still pass... i want to play gangsta shit, not fight aliens... there's enough of those games out there... saints row was the only gangsta game of it's kind, and now that concept is all but lost forever... i mean seriously, where do you go next for the saints? space exploration? planet hopping?? they are walking down a doomed road IMO...

visually, it's not the streets anymore... wasn't that what this game was built upon in the first place?

• Like 3

In an interview with Gamereactor, Saints Row IV’s design director Scott Phillips spoke briefly about what we can expect from the Saints Row series moving forward.

When Volition created Saints Row: The Third, the designers had to spend resources on making a new engine. According to Phillips, because they’re re-using that tech (with improvements) for Saints Row IV, the team has more time to outshine its already bizarre scenarios.

But how do you top being a super-powered president? Maybe you don’t.

“We’re definitely considering Saints Row IV the end of that saga of this character and the Saints as they are,” Phillips said. “So if there’s any more future Saints Rows – which you know we always hope there will be, we hope there are fans for future games like that – they will probably continue in a different direction.”

Check out the full interview for information about superpowers, multiplayer modes, and more.

Saints Row IV releases on August 20.

Woohoo! SR is need of a reboot. Story-wise, the series lost its way with SR3.

I wonder if SR4 is going to have SR2-levels of clothing options, or if it's going to be the same old DLCapoolooza as SR3.

I found SR2 to be the last game of the series that I could enjoy free-roaming for a few hours. After twenty minutes on SR3 I get bored.

It also all ties in with what bones said. The concept was lost and it's a shame.

Here's an article talking about Saints Row 4 and the future of Saints Row as a series ~ http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/whats-after-saints-row-4-for-volition

I don't know about you guys but I loved Saints Row 1 & 2, and thought that Saints Row The Third was kind of mediocre. I ended up only playing it for 2 weeks and then traded it in, it didn't have the longevity of the first 2 games ( and I was especially disappointed by the lack of customization ).

To me Saints Row 4 is looking very similar to Saints Row 3, except that this time the story is 10 times more ridiculous, and the unique and different gangs have been replaced by a bland alien race ( with less variation too the enemies ). And these Superpowers look like they will be fun for about 10 mins. Then when you realise that you're in a bland environment with boring NPC's, and there is no point to the mindless mayhem, you can start to get very bored by the tedium.

I'm hoping that if Volition decides to make a Next-Gen Saints Row ( Saints Row V ), that they will take it back to it's Gang Warfare roots, where you try to take over the city from opposing gangs. They could make it with much better graphics, character models, and enhance the NPC interaction too make them more interesting. Create a big interesting world, with a ton of content you can interact with. Bring back better customization for the cars, and customization for your Gang's Headquarters and Cribs ( and for your gang itself ). Bring back the better side missions/ activities like "The Septic Avenger", but make new and more interesting ones. Create better enemy types for the different gangs in the city ( and make the gangs feel different from one another/ maybe even make the different areas of the city they control feel different as well ).

They could make a great game that doesn't have to be as ridiculous as Saints Row 4 is. But that's just my opinion.

They're going to have to make a game that isn't as ridiculous as IV. They really painted themselves into a corner trying to outdo themselves every game, but outdoing themselves by far too much.

They're going to have to make a game that isn't as ridiculous as IV. They really painted themselves into a corner trying to outdo themselves every game, but outdoing themselves by far too much.

I totally agree.

I hate those kids on YT that say this will beat GTA V and that the story is the best one yet. Gangs is the reason I bought SR and will continue to be the reason. Not some cliche alien bullshit.

• Like 1