D1J2D3

Should they try to improve the melee combat system?

Maybe the "boxing" melee fighting like in GTA IV, they need to make it look like in real life, you know, the grabbing, choking, fast punches to the stomach or head, kick in the dick punch, and women to be waaaay more weaker, like, when you push them, they say like "Oh, this fool broke my nail, I'mm'a call my boyfriend to kick your ass !"

that statement was extremly sexist, which makes it hilarious.

Didn't aim for it, but what the hell. :)

How is Sleeping Dog's combat system? (I don't own it) but looks bat shit crazy.

Would that be something people would like to see in GTA V? (even learning moves like in SA) Or just standard brute punching n shit?

Would that be something people would like to see in GTA V? (even learning moves like in SA) Or just standard brute punching n shit?

It's pretty good, I like it anyways.

its good, but not really GTA material

It had excellent controls, except I rarely felt the need to lock on. And the game was much more kung-fu focused, being set in Hong Kong and all. But the "learning combos by specific button presses" was a good idea, and it would be good for GTA.

Vice City Stories' melee combat was enjoyable. With a bit of tweaking and a few additional moves, that would be enough for most people.

*crack*

...kick in the dick punch...

I'm partial to the elbow to the knee kick myself.

I think there should be different Martial Arts Dojos dotted around the city, and the further you progress in the storyline the more different and powerful dojo's become available to the player.

For instance you could start with a basic street fighting style ( brawler ) as a default. Then after the first couple of missions say a Western Boxing Gym or a Kyokushin Karate Dojo opens up for a more advanced style, giving you an edge in basic one on one fights ( this could aslo be Gung Fu, Judo, Jui Jitsu, Muay Thai or maybe even Aikido so you can kick ass like Steven Seagul throwing people around :D )

Then towards the end of the Main Story or after completeing side missions as a reward you open up the more powerful dojos that combine most of the arts into a more practical and powerful style, ie Krav Maga ( the Israili Special Forces Martial Art ), Keysi Fighting Method ( fight like Batman against multiple enemies :thumbup: ) or Jeet Kune Do ( Bruce Lee's 'Way Of The Intercepting Fist' which is an inaccurate desription because it incorporates an evolving and ever changing style bringing together many different styles of Martial Art, was one of the inspirations for the MMA we see today ).

These styles will let you more easily confont multiple npc's. This is especially usefull ingame when you assault a Female NPC, because as you probably know all males in the vicinty become hostile and attack you to defend her honour. Which often means you have to pull out your firearm before you get overwhelmed or have to runaway like a pussy ( No Thanks! ). This is because the hand to hand fighting sysem in the old GTA's won't let you attack and defend from multiple enemies effectively. Which often results in you getting your ass kicked, well NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!! Starts screaming like Bruce Lee WHOAAAARRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A way to counter someone's melee attack would be nice like in sleeping dogs, but none of the Kung-Fu shit that goes with it. If you haven't a weapon, steal a car and RUN THEM OVER. Adding any sort of advanced martial arts would make the game ridiculous, peds are easy enough to beat on as is, you start drop kicking everyone it'd get very boring very quickly, it'd be too easy.

Adding any sort of advanced martial arts would make the game ridiculous, peds are easy enough to beat on as is, you start drop kicking everyone it'd get very boring very quickly, it'd be too easy.

Easily remedied, just make peds more dangerous with varying threat levels from pussy's that run away when confronted to unassuming Martial Artists that can counter your attacks ( It could be anyone, even old grannys that turn out to be like 10th Dan Masters :P ).

it's GTA not saints row.

God! I see this statement all the time and it pisses me off that whenever someone suggests a change to the core gameplay ( to possibly make it more varied and fun ), they remind me that GTA is not Saints Row. I flippin' know it's not Saints Row.

And by the way GTA San Andreas had the ability of learning a different fighting technique in all Three Cities if you defeated the fighter based there. By memory it was boxing at the gym in Los Santos, Karate in San Fierro and Kickboxing in Las Venturas.

• Like 1

Yeah but the martial arts in SA wasn't that advanced, personally i think it'd ruin the game, GTA has it's own mould. You change it to much and it loses it originality.

• Like 1

Fair Enough, I would personally like to see a few more gameplay options, in GTA4 everything seemed dumbed down a bit compared to GTASA.

I'm looking for extended playability and hope Rockstar cram as much stuff as possible into GTAV. I remember playing San Andreas and almost feeling overwhelmed with the wealth of options. It was a rare game, and not many games since have replicated this feeling.

Also you talk about change as if it's a bad thing. Without change there would be no originality because everything would stay the same, besides every GTA game has felt unique and different from the previous entries. GTA can never be compared to Saints Row, because even though they are both open world games Rockstar has always made a higher quality product. So any ideas and mechanics that are similar to the ones in Saints Row, would no doubt be better realised in a GTA game.

Fair point mate, makes sense, and i agree with wanting them to cram as much in the game as possible, like the did in SA. I'm only worried that if they introduced near the same melee system like they've got in Sleeping Dogs into GTA it'd be shit, but like you said, Rockstar would find a way to make it fit and be even better.

I still don't want it in the game too much though. Basic stuff like being able to take weapons off of people, yes. But hell no to over the top Jet Li stuff.

Melee in GTA IV was complete shit. You would often miss punches (especially when the fucker is lying on the ground), it didn't flow at all and it was just... Bad.

Yeah I agree, the combat in IV wasn't so smooth.

e.g. If I was trying to beat someones ass and I kicked them to the floor, there was usually an invisible barrier stopping my kick above them so I have to shift over to be able to kick them. Same with all melee, it wasn't great TBH. But I liked the counters that they had, and ability to disarm. shame it was only for 2 weapons...

Stealth kills were in SA, so I hope they will also be in V.

I also hope there are more melee weapons than just a bat and a knife, like chainsaws, golf clubs, pool cues, axes, sledgehammers etc... And I also hope you can pick up random shit off the ground, throw it and see actual damage. In IV it seemed as if an empty plastic cup did the same amount of damage as a brick against a car's windows.

everything u just said, summed up everything i was ganna say XD i agree 100%

Melee in GTA IV was complete shit. You would often miss punches (especially when the fucker is lying on the ground), it didn't flow at all and it was just... Bad.

yes, and the melee multie player was complete shit, you would always be 5 feet away from somebody and they would be stabing you with a knife, but i think thats just lagg cause if im right and it is lagg, it will never be fixed, i also miss stealth from SA with the knife

I would love to see all of these things go into GTA V.. I really would.. But putting all of these in the game would cause a problem for Rockstar. Yeah, people are going to buy the next GTA and the next one after that.. But if they put every single one of these amazing ideas in this game, the next one wont have anything new.. Anything fresh.. Therefor the ratings would go down, and the replay value of the next one would be low.. If you think about it, GTA has always been realistic. And to put some of these ideas into the games franchise would cause it to drift more into, say, Saints Row territory. Which Rockstar is clearly differs from. With that said.. Some of the things that were in GTA SA were not in GTA IV.. The replay value for GTA SA was much higher than that of GTA IV. So adding some of the ideas would be very good!!! Don't get me wrong! Now, personally.. My personal opinion, is that there should be all these ideas in the game.. I'd have a blast if this was all in there.. But, we gotta try and see it from a different point of view too.

The fighting mechanics felt too soft, when you fought someone. And the fact that they were completely helpless when you got them on the ground sucked too. I felt like I was just kicking a crippled person. Different fighting styles would be nice, like on GTA SA. And More melee weapons would be a great addition. And I do recall that on Red Dead Redemption, when you got into a fist fight, you couldn't kill anyone. You knocked them out. And even that too some beat down (which was nice, they didnt just fall like in GTA IV), so knocking them out will probably be back in with GTA V.

They are going to add boxing for sure. They had done it in L.A. Noire (though it was Team Bondi) and Red Dead Redemption. Sleeping Dogs was amazing with the use of melee fighting because that game was focused on melee fighting. Grand Theft Auto is not focused on fighting though I understand the point of why it should be improved due to 4's being terrible.

They had shown a beach 'gym', this is a possible signal that we will be able to fight western boxing style.

By the way Sleeping Dog's is amazing.

They are going to add boxing for sure. They had done it in L.A. Noire (though it was Team Bondi) and Red Dead Redemption. Sleeping Dogs was amazing with the use of melee fighting because that game was focused on melee fighting. Grand Theft Auto is not focused on fighting though I understand the point of why it should be improved due to 4's being terrible.

They had shown a beach 'gym', this is a possible signal that we will be able to fight western boxing style.

It would be cool to interact with the environment in GTA like Sleeping Dogs.

Lol sorry if this had been said, but:

Read Dead waiting lobby anyone?

I think I've versed you before. I'm the one man army guy.

Anyway I can't because I'm not bothered paying $80 for live.

I would but I can't.

It would be cool to interact with the environment in GTA like Sleeping Dogs.

Nah, then people would believe that Rockstar had just copied, that would make Rockstar look like a joke. I know some people would say, "Sleeping Dogs stole off Gta, so why can't Rockstar do the same?". Well party people Gta is the more 'superior' game it does not need to copy the 'lower' class games because they already know that they are the open world masters.

Anyway I would love Rockstar to add in boxing, but not as far fetched as what Sleeping Dogs had done.

i want the melee system to be similar to The Warriors. that was awesome being able to grapple perfectly, drag people around and throw them into cars, through windows, into piles of trash or whatever you want.

you were also so many combos you can perform totally depending on buttons you hit in whatever order. this is the kind of brutal fighting that fits GTA.