D1J2D3

Should they try to improve the melee combat system?

I liked how in Sleeping Dogs you could grab people and use certain environmental features to execute them if you were close enough. They didn't include much kung fu style shit, so it would fit well in GTA. Smashing people into walls, glass ceramic, payphones, car doors... All that stuff.

Also as has been mentioned countless times before, bricks (that actually do damage, unlike in IV), metal rods and stuff you could find lying around should be included as temporary weapons, e.g hit with them 5-10 times and then they become useless.

• Like 1

Also as has been mentioned countless times before, bricks (that actually do damage, unlike in IV), metal rods and stuff you could find lying around should be included as temporary weapons, e.g hit with them 5-10 times and then they become useless.

I like this idea. Being able to grab temporary weapons in the environment like bricks from construction sites, pipes off of buildings, metal/wooden fence posts ( maybe with nails stuck to them ).

Or maybe to even build custom melee weapons. Like having the tool stores from GTA Vice City, and buying nails from there and putting them onto a baseball bat. Or buying a bunch of nuts and bolts plus some fertilizer and createing homemade IED shrapnel bombs. This could be utilized in the early part of the game before you get access to more advanced weaponry.

Grappling could work if the protag were to learn some wrestling, I just doubt they would add environmental kills. The use of temporary items would most likely be used in early stages of the game but it could just come down with the trusty old baseball bat. It is very certain they would add boxing and possibly even panantukan as well as some mma. It would be nice if Rockstar were to add these things.

it's GTA not saints row.

God! I see this statement all the time and it pisses me off that whenever someone suggests a change to the core gameplay ( to possibly make it more varied and fun ), they remind me that GTA is not Saints Row. I flippin' know it's not Saints Row.

haha i know man. even when i say they should bring back things from SA, im told to play that fucking saints row game. in GTA III there was a mission where infinatly spawning suicide bombers attack you (you remember the one i mean ;)), but if i were to suggest something like that for the next game they tell me that belongs in saints row not gta (vintage GTA does not belong in GTA! wtf!) lol

Just use Bully's melee system. It's far superior to just about any melee system (minus say, a wrestling or MMA game) and it's years old now.

Fuck yes. I was about to say this,it's got grappling, kicking, and punching. I also like how every NPC had their own unique fighting style wich was annoying in gta 4 where everyone used the same punches.

Just use Bully's melee system. It's far superior to just about any melee system (minus say, a wrestling or MMA game) and it's years old now.

Fuck yes. I was about to say this,it's got grappling, kicking, and punching. I also like how every NPC had their own unique fighting style wich was annoying in gta 4 where everyone used the same punches.

Yup. In IV it was terribly incorporated & quite annoying. I mean if got in fight with peds then they used throw punches at you. And if you fell on the ground they used to wait until you're on foot. This was foolish. Also when you draw weapon out they used to act funny like they got seriously injured.

This was not impressive I think....

So for melee system they should not only try but should improved it in V...

Does anyone here think they would add countering? I never liked boxing since they never countered, but it would be a better touch than what they had done in 4. Plus you don't necessarily have to hit the victim, maybe some La Noire dodging. Though that was gay.

Does anyone here think they would add countering? I never liked boxing since they never countered, but it would be a better touch than what they had done in 4. Plus you don't necessarily have to hit the victim, maybe some La Noire dodging. Though that was gay.

What are you talking about, boxing has countering, it's called counter punching ( this is either usually done with head movement and/or footwork to sidestep and land shots to the opponents ribs and/or side of the head. Boxing also has parrying, fades, dips, bobbing, weaving, and feints which are all used in conjuntion with combinations of punches. All of this makes them very good at countering an adversaries attacks and movement.

Please don't think Western boxing is sub-par compared to other Martial Arts. Because there is no other art which gives you as good conditioning as a fighter or a better punching technique ( for the first couple of years when learning to box, the main thing you concentrate on is learning to perfect your punch ). When boxing is combined with other Arts such as Judo and or Jui Jitsu, a person can become a very well-rounded fighter both on the feet and off of them. :D

Does anybody remember the warriors melee/fighting system, it was somewhat realistic and pretty smooth. i would like to see a fighting style sort of like that. while IV's fighting style was fun, and not too bad.. it was kinda slow and was unrealistic. The peds never won a fight, they threw thier punches way too slow and the reaction to the hits was a little off. they should speed up the fighting system, make it to were both the CPU and player can punch/stab/hit at the same time til it is stoped or til someone is knocked-out, and make the peds harder to beat. i know Niko was a badass and all, but knocking out 5 people in 40 secs? imo lol

I want to see cops beating people with nightsticks. Or using it in defence against my brass knuckles I picked up from beating a gang member. I want to see more melee weapons and missions where melee is the better option. And more stealth combat like in SA. I don't want to see Jason Bourne fighting but say you can pick a combat style like in SA. And make counters easier to do. I find it very difficult.

I do agree with picking stuff up as weapons I mean in gta4 a brick doesn't even smash a car window. Or if thrown at someone's head it barely hurts them. A brick to the head should fuck you up, and break car windows. I was so disappointed when I first tryed to throw a brick at a passing car the guy didn't even stop and the brick hit the drivers window, bouncing off like a paper cup.

Yup. In IV it was terribly incorporated & quite annoying. I mean if got in fight with peds then they used throw punches at you. And if you fell on the ground they used to wait until you're on foot. This was foolish. Also when you draw weapon out they used to act funny like they got seriously injured.

This was not impressive I think....

So for melee system they should not only try but should improved it in V...

Nailed it.

Melee is hardly the biggest part of GTA but it should be done right, and Bully did it right, Ground fighting, stand up, grapples, combo's etc. You could even do things like running takedowns and better than average kicks. I'm not saying I want the game to have the depth of EA's MMA, just to have a little more variety.

Fighting in GTA IV was incredibly slow and for a game that directly went out to be realistic it just wasn't realistic.

bare hands = KO !!!

It is retarded that when someone hits nico with hands and nico is out of HP instead of just fall to ground KO'd he is taken to hospital. Even if nico is hit by a girl he ends up in hospital. LOL this is retarded. R* are retarded that they did such a dumb thing (not mention guns on PC laser precise without recoil)

they should also try incorpariting a grapple feature when it comes to fighting, for example you can grab them and headbutt, punch, or knee someone.

or even throw them, or drag them to a wall and bash their head into it. and try and incorporate environmental moves like dragging them to a car door and slamming their head between the door, or put them in the trunk.

they should also try incorpariting a grapple feature when it comes to fighting, for example you can grab them and headbutt, punch, or knee someone.

or even throw them, or drag them to a wall and bash their head into it. and try and incorporate environmental moves like dragging them to a car door and slamming their head between the door, or put them in the trunk.

Didn't they have that in San Andreas, where you could knee someone in the face a couple of times...or am I thinking of another game