D1J2D3

Should they try to improve the melee combat system?

I was thinking a revamped melee combat system would be a really cool thing to have in the next GTA. The system in IV was fun, but I think they could improve it a little bit more. Maybe being able to disarm an opponent that has a gun in very close quarters, or being able to sneak up behind somebody and stealth kill them.

Yeah I agree, the combat in IV wasn't so smooth.

e.g. If I was trying to beat someones ass and I kicked them to the floor, there was usually an invisible barrier stopping my kick above them so I have to shift over to be able to kick them. Same with all melee, it wasn't great TBH. But I liked the counters that they had, and ability to disarm. shame it was only for 2 weapons...

Stealth kills were in SA, so I hope they will also be in V.

I also hope there are more melee weapons than just a bat and a knife, like chainsaws, golf clubs, pool cues, axes, sledgehammers etc... And I also hope you can pick up random shit off the ground, throw it and see actual damage. In IV it seemed as if an empty plastic cup did the same amount of damage as a brick against a car's windows.

• Like 1

e.g. If I was trying to beat someones ass and I kicked them to the floor, there was usually an invisible barrier stopping my kick above them so I have to shift over to be able to kick them. Same with all melee, it wasn't great TBH. But I liked the counters that they had, and ability to disarm. shame it was only for 2 weapons...

I also hope there are more melee weapons than just a bat and a knife, like chainsaws, golf clubs, pool cues, axes, sledgehammers etc... And I also hope you can pick up random shit off the ground, throw it and see actual damage. In IV it seemed as if an empty plastic cup did the same amount of damage as a brick against a car's windows.

Ya i really like the idea of picking stuff up off the ground though and I hope they improve it in IV. What else would be nice if when you jack a car and your character aims his gun at him in the animation to get him out if you could actually shoot him that would be cool as well.

Ya i really like the idea of picking stuff up off the ground though and I hope they improve it in IV. What else would be nice if when you jack a car and your character aims his gun at him in the animation to get him out if you could actually shoot him that would be cool as well.

Yeah, you could do that in SR1 and it was beast. I hope they through that in there.

Definitely. They should introduce a lot more to their melee system, make more realistic too, we should be able to see blood on the face and realistic reactions like that. Oh! and of course, beating them up should not kill them! Knock them out at best, but if beaten enough, you can beat them till their dead.

Definitely. They should introduce a lot more to their melee system, make more realistic too, we should be able to see blood on the face and realistic reactions like that. Oh! and of course, beating them up should not kill them! Knock them out at best, but if beaten enough, you can beat them till their dead.

You're a sick sick puppy.

• Like 2

It seems as if barely anyone has played RDR which also runs on the RAGE engine, a lot of the things I've seen mentioned (more realistic gore), trees etc... Were all improved in RDR, so it's pretty obvious those things will be used again.

That reminded me of the madd dogg mission, when ur in his house and you have to hid in the shadows etc, quite hard but good fun, took me a couple of goes.

Nah, I think they should take melee fighting out completely, I almost never use it, and this ain't mortal combat it's gta

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

Nah, I think they should take melee fighting out completely, I almost never use it, and this ain't mortal combat it's gta

Bad idea, I love runnig around full speed smacking people with baseball bats. It's more fun to beat people up and see the physics than shoot them (at least in IV)

Whoa there, 305 user with a long name who responds in all caps and who who uses a iPhone app hence the Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.; that appears to be flaming and your burning my sensitive skin. Quick, someone get the lotion from the basket.

But seriously folks, when's the last time you completed a gta mission with nothing but your fists... Let's spend our limited resources more wisely.

However, I thought melee referred to fisting only, I didn't realize it included other weapons like purple dildos... I always save a slot for my dildo, and if it was taken out of me gta5 wouldn't have quite the same feel

Whoa there, 305 user with a long name who responds in all caps and who who uses a iPhone app hence the Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.; that appears to be flaming and your burning my sensitive skin. Quick, someone get the lotion from the basket.

But seriously folks, when's the last time you completed a gta mission with nothing but your fists... Let's spend our limited resources more wisely.

However, I thought melee referred to fisting only, I didn't realize it included other weapons like purple dildos... I always save a slot for my dildo, and if it was taken out of me gta5 wouldn't have quite the same feel

Completely true, but what about after you finish the game? Or you just want to fool around? I love walking around town and beating people up, to me it's more fun than just shooting them dead in one second. If the game wasn't sandbox there would be no need for melee, but since it is it adds a lot of fun and replay value. At least in my opinion.

Completely true, but what about after you finish the game? Or you just want to fool around? I love walking around town and beating people up, to me it's more fun than just shooting them dead in one second. If the game wasn't sandbox there would be no need for melee, but since it is it adds a lot of fun and replay value. At least in my opinion.

Exactly, what me and my friend liked doing online was getting the cops called over then attempting to take them down with just our knives. It just really adds to the replay value. And who doesn't like getting in a good fistfight after that car accident with a cabby.

• Like 2

Exactly, what me and my friend liked doing online was getting the cops called over then attempting to take them down with just our knives. It just really adds to the replay value. And who doesn't like getting in a good fistfight after that car accident with a cabby.

I thought I was the only one! But what I prefer doing is punching a taxi and then running into some cops, and letting the driver hit the cops instead of me and watch him get arrested. Good times...

• Like 2

I thought I was the only one! But what I prefer doing is punching a taxi and then running into some cops, and letting the driver hit the cops instead of me and watch him get arrested. Good times...

I love doing that too, or if you hook up c4 to a car in times square, equip your fists and blow it up you usually get a flurry of cabbies start to try to punch you. I just climb on top of a car let them punch each other, eventually starting a fight club in the middle of times square. Then the classic pushing people down flights of stairs is always a good laugh.

Sigh. New users have no understanding of sexual undertone or intuindo

Yes ! You shouldn't have to hit a NPC or cop with any meele weapon and they just stumble backwards , then reapeat untill they die. I want them to defend well and counter mybe.

Lol, I remember in GTA IV that all you need is a well placed Baseball bat to a walking pedestrian's face killed him instantly, ahhh good times. But still the GTA IV melee fighting mechanics were a bit clunky and bland, all it involved were punch, dogde enemy punch, punch enemy again, enemy falls over, kick him to death. That's what usually happened, unless you let him get back up again.

I think that we should be able to go to the Gym (different ones around LS) and learn new moves. Like San Andreas, but more complex. For example you should have to work your way up to blackbelt in Karate. And it should be some place in Downtown or Hollywood where you could learn the exact same moves as UFC fighters. And more fighting moves should be things like trowing in dumpsters, using brass knuckles, knockin people out with guns, choking while holding a smaller person in the air (like the undertaker lol), tearing off car doors and hitting people with them, slamming a cars hood on someones face, having to buy oil for your car but also using it to force oil down someones throat (like on fast and furious), pushing someone into a banana and making them slip (kidding), if youre in cluckin bell or somethin simular you could get the hot grease and throw it in someones face, or put someones face in the hot grease or on a burning grill, smoking a cig and using it to burn someones eye/neck/whatever the fuck, lighting roman candles and pointing at someone/throwing m80s, fireworks are always fun, throwning knives of course, you should be able to buy a rough dog like a pit bull or rott wiler (however the hell you spell it), and starve it and feed them live human.. this thread is about more than fighting but shit just came to my head..