Sign in to follow this  
Edgecrusher

PSN Thread

I know we can put them in our profile, but if you would like people to add you, post your PSN here. Who actually pays attention to people's profile info anyway? ^_^

Well being that this is a new forum, and I have a new name (for those that don't already know; I was Edgecrusher on the old forum), I thought I would create a new PSN as well. Feel free to add devildude81, I have plenty of room on my friends list now. :)

can i make a suggestion?? we all have our ID's underneath our avatars... if you wanted to add someone, you would do it that way... how about we name these topics, "xbox live" and "playstation network" threads??

just a thought...

just for the record, i've given you 2+'s marney... one here, and one for the irish protagonist ;)... anyone that doesn't at least consider devlin, shouldn't be playing video games...

*waits for +'s*

the last playstation topic turned into a discussion about the network anyways... and the xbox one might actually get some activity if it was a discussion about network games and changes to the network, like the playstation topic, instead of a topic that looks like a place to spam your network ID...

Guest Marney1

just for the record, i've given you 2+'s marney... one here, and one for the irish protagonist ;)... anyone that doesn't at least consider devlin, shouldn't be playing video games...

*waits for +'s*

the last playstation topic turned into a discussion about the network anyways... and the xbox one might actually get some activity if it was a discussion about network games and changes to the network, like the playstation topic, instead of a topic that looks like a place to spam your network ID...

It's good to know I'm loved! ;)

Well... that's essentially what it is, although I think spam is a bit too strong a word for it. It's not as if it is a thread for advertising websites or whatever, and it could be useful to have a list of peoples usernames for organised games etcetera, but meh. As for general network discussion, I kind of expected people to anyway, but I've edited the title for clarity.

We already have our I.D's under our avatars.

I know we can put them in our profile

<_<

• Like 1

PSN has been down for a day and may stay down for another day or two...

Sony aren't giving any details on the outage, but say they're doing what they can to get it back up asap. There is much speculation that PSN has been hacked to shit... Hope those bitches don't get my card details! lol

Sony have confirmed that there is "An external intrusion" which obviously means PSN has been hacked... So they shut it down to protect personal details. And they still haven't fixed or patched it up! All i want to do is claim my free PC version on Portal 2 by syncing my steam account with my PSN account!

Is this the biggest console breech as of yet? Or has Xbox live ever been hacked this bad?

I like all the spoilt children in the comments shouting "Giz us freebies coz we can haz no PSN!1!1!11" Granted it's annoying, but why people expect compensation is beyond me, it's not like they're losing money...

I like all the spoilt children in the comments shouting "Giz us freebies coz we can haz no PSN!1!1!11" Granted it's annoying, but why people expect compensation is beyond me, it's not like they're losing money...

Tell me about it. Apparently this has effected a 75million user base. If everyone were to "statistically" spend £/$10 each day on PSN, then Sony could be losing as much as 750million every day! That's some pretty mad figures!

some people are subscribed to services, like I know DC Universe Online requires a paid subscription, and that is understandable. Some people are saying PS+ users should get some compensation too, but I can't figure out why exactly.

It's just people whining really... They feel like they are entitled to some things and if they don't get them then some action must be taken.

this is just a preview of what would happen if the actual internet went down... no one would know what to do... they would look up survival tips but then realize that they can't google it...

it's moments like this that make gamers look bad... how about playing some single player, or actually go outside and do something meaningful instead??? this downtime hasn't bothered me, i can still use neflix on my laptop, which is just about the only reason i go online anymore...

plus, it's given me an excuse to fire up RDR and play some of that... maybe i'll get back to my "FPS-A-THON" this evening and play some more resistance... seriously, these tools on the playstation blog need to play some single player and shut the hell up... PSN is a free service, you have no right to bitch when it goes down...

if this was xbox live it would be a different story...

• Like 1

how about playing some single player,

I did this.

or actually go outside and do something meaningful instead???

And this too.

None of this has bothered me at all.

The last couple of days I've done a bit more with my family instead of being connected to PSN for no reason. I mean I don't even play much online through PSN really, i just have it sat there on, in case my "interweb friends" decide to message me! Kinda like facebook on my phone!

One Geek thing i did though was; make a portal gun out of Lego whilst building with my Son xD

Guest Marney1

The last couple of days I've done a bit more with my family instead of being connected to PSN for no reason. I mean I don't even play much online through PSN really, i just have it sat there on, in case my "interweb friends" decide to message me! Kinda like facebook on my phone!

One Geek thing i did though was; make a portal gun out of Lego whilst building with my Son xD

I love Lego and if I see a huge set in the shops I'm gonna buy it. I like the tiny pices of Lego you used to be able to get though, not sure you can get it anymore with it being aimed at kids.

And Dup' - I can just see your wife's face looking down at you while she shakes her head. :rolleyes:

Oh, does anyone know if Trophies automatiacally update when you get back online? I don't just mean while PSN is down, but in general.

Yeah she does that all the time, as I'm very childish a lot of the time!

Trophies will auto-synchronize when you click on your PSN card or your trophy list as long as you're signed in to PSN.

i still have a huge tote of LEGOS in my basement... i took them when i moved out of the parents so i could one day break them out and build something... i've lived here for like 6 or 7 years and still haven't broke them out...

hmmm... nah, i kind wanna play RDR right now... i am really having fun playing this ruthless badass... the problem is the missions take me away from the evil feeling... as soon as i reach blackwater, i'll stop doing the missions...