Sign in to follow this  
Edgecrusher

PSN Thread

Guest Marney1

Just got round to playing my free 'sorry we let the hackers shut us down for a month' download of Dead Nation. Played for 5 minutes and thought it was utter shite.

i heard marney had some problems today with the network... i haven't logged on in a few days, was it a maintenance thing?? new update again??

i wanted to bump this topic for a couple of reasons;

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/31/playstation-plus-february-preview-free-the-simpsons-arcade-game-far-cry-2-final-fantasy-v-and-more/

the simpsons arcade game comes out next week, and i am actually looking forward to it... i've sank my fair share of quarters into that machine at the bowling alley when i was going up... i never got far since the quarters usually ran out, but i can't wait to live it again... ohh, and it's free to PS+ users :D... and so is a copy of "far cry 2" on valentines day... i actually enjoyed playing it and it was on my short-list of bargain bin purchases... nothing is more of a bargain than free...

also, i think there's suppose to be a twisted metal demo at some point, but i wasn't looking forward to that one, it's not my thing... but lots of people are looking forward to it...

i heard marney had some problems today with the network... i haven't logged on in a few days, was it a maintenance thing?? new update again??

i wanted to bump this topic for a couple of reasons;

http://blog.us.plays...asy-v-and-more/

the simpsons arcade game comes out next week, and i am actually looking forward to it... i've sank my fair share of quarters into that machine at the bowling alley when i was going up... i never got far since the quarters usually ran out, but i can't wait to live it again... ohh, and it's free to PS+ users :D... and so is a copy of "far cry 2" on valentines day... i actually enjoyed playing it and it was on my short-list of bargain bin purchases... nothing is more of a bargain than free...

also, i think there's suppose to be a twisted metal demo at some point, but i wasn't looking forward to that one, it's not my thing... but lots of people are looking forward to it...

I didn't have an issue today, but the only issue I've had is Twisted Metal Multiplayer servers suck balls.

yea, i never enjoyed it on the PS2... if you're playing the beta though, you have to expect shitty servers... you're a guinea pig, a test subject, you're there to try and break the server so they know how to handle the situation... plus expose bugs and glitches of course...

The Playstation store has been "undergoing maintenance". For the past 16 hours. After I just bought a $30 card to spend there yesterday. What a load of shite. Hopefully it's a bit more user friendly when it reopens.

yeah, the Twisted Metal servers are pretty broken as of right now. I manged to get into a game last night and it was pretty fun. Deathmatch is the only thing available right now (or I guess Nuke is too, but I couldn't connect to a game to try that out). I experienced practically 0 lag when I did get to play online though. It's a pretty good game. The controls are tight and I think it runs at a constant 60fps no matter what's going on (don't quote me on that). I've been a fan of TM for a long time and I've played all the others games, so my mini review could be a little bias. I'm pretty excited for the new game. The demo made me go from thinking "I used to like TM and this new one could be fun too, but I don't know if I want to drop $60" to a basically pre-ordering it immediately after playing it for a while. :)

[EDIT] online seems to be working just fine tonight.

Edited by ENVi3

Fucking Sony, you inept gimps!

The following rant only applies to the Australian PSN store.

I've recently started using my PS3 online, and I bought GTAIV recently (even though I've had it and EFLC on 360 for ages), so that I could download the DLC and finally experience the full version with all the music on the stations and stuff. I went to buy the DLC, the store was down. No problem. I waited until today and it was up again. I looked up GTA in the store. "oh look, there's LATD. It's AUD$15.95". I was happy with that. Then I scrolled down to BOGT "27.95, the fuck?". I was seriously considering taking the game back, but considering I only paid $18 for it, and I like the full experience, I perservered. Even though I could pay and beat to death a real hooker for the price of those 2 individual DLC put together.

So I scrolled down in my sadness to see what crappy avatars I could buy with my $33 dollars of credit, when I noticed the "GTA Episodes bundle" for $29.95. Awesome! I opened it up, clicked download, and didn't read the shit on the side, as it just looked like another game description.

Once both games were downloaded, I started up GTAIV. It went straight to the last game I played. I checked the menu, tried new game, and just got Niko getting off the boat. I quit the game, checked that the DLC was installed, restarted the game. Nothing. So I checked around the interwebs as one does, and noticed other Aussies had the same problem. I checked that 'game description' I didn't read, and it said that the DLC was only compatiable with the BLES-00229 version of GTA IV (the european version). Being an Australian, who bought the Australian version of GTAIV, I just assumed that any DLC on the Australian PSN store would only work with Australian games. Silly me. And it turns out that the indiviual DLC that was too expensive for me to buy DOES work with the Australian version. *smh*

Wishing to inform the PSN staff of this oversight, and hoping for a refund, I sent a nicely worded email to their support staff from the Official Playstion website (it had eu in the URL as well). Feeling at least content that I might get a refund, I get an email back saying something along the lines of "your request has been received. Please note that we only handle problems from American customers. If you are outside of America, please go to this link for help". Even though there was no mention of this on the page I sent the message from.

So after wasting 5 minutes of my life typing a message to some cunt who's going to think I'm some Australian moron who hunts Drop Bears for a living, I found the shithouse Australian Playstation website. Which doesn't have any online support to speak of, apart from some forum that is full of "COD is better than BF3, lol" topics. I have to literally ring some twat who's probably in India to try and at least get my money back. I absolutly DETEST speaking to support people over the phone. And what if I was deaf?

Oh well, I still have Skyrim. Oh wait, that freezes all the time on the PS3, doesn't it?

P.S I hate XBOX live equally, if not more so.

yea, that's a shitty problem you got there HBH... if all ends fail, i guess you could try to import the euro version of GTAIV, which could fix the problem you're having, but you'd also have to re-purchase the game which never makes sense... i would of saved that money for PSN games, and bought the disc version of both games... it can't be that much these days...

but i do hope that they at least make an effort to listen to you... and i feel you on the skyrim lag :angry:... it's starting to fuck up my game...

My name is my psn Guerilla2037.

I play the following:

MW3

BF3

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

NHL12 (And 13 soon as it drops)

Occasionally B ops but not now

Im pretty fucking good at all those^

Assuming there is some online play in the future I will be buying:

Assassins Creed 3

Hitman Absolution

MOH whatever new one is called

Watch Dogs

If youre gonna add me and you always play with a clan or rarely play or do some other dumb shit dont bother. Please be good. Message me and tell me who you are when you send the request or Ill just delete it.