gmt

Wanted Level System

As I just read something about assassins creed in the countryside topic, I came to wonder about the wanted system and the realism of it.

Will it be the same like in GTA IV or will they change it again like they did from SA to IV (what was certainly a needed change, always pissed me off that you couldn't really run away from them)?

While I think it will be about the same as in IV - maybe minor tweaks but not entirely different - I guess something like the templar awareness in a.c. wouldn't hurt the game.

Cops looking for someone after a certain crime or a series of crimes committed, even when the search radius has been vacated, would add not just some realism but also new approaches to the gameplay... and something more of a challange. Of course this needs some balance so the action part wont be swapped for a tactical/stealth thing which is definitely not the idea of a GTA game, but will still fit into the more realistic approach to gameplay that came with IV.

So what are your thoughts/expectations/wishes concerning the wanted system?

I like the GTA 3 system. Find police bribes to reduce your wanted level, or if you're on a low wanted level, losing the cops for long enough makes them give up. Can't see Rockstar doing that for GTA 5 though. Chinatown Wars was also good where you had to take out 3 police cars to lose a wanted star. That could work on GTA 5.

I'd like a BULLY type of wanted system... becuz i feel that if you are still in the vicinity of your crime but the cops cant see you you should be able to lose them... none of that crime radius bullshit... Just line of sight

Any cops that see you doing a crime and you shoot them before they call it in, should result in you not getting a wanted level. Even if they do, if you kill all the cops in the vicinity, you should be able to get away but have to change your car license or apperance like Mafia II did. And if your on foot then change your clothes.

• 1 Star = Cops chase you down and attempt to arrest you (knight sticks) could use force, possibly a mini game to escape their clutches
  • 2 Stars = Same as 1 but they start using guns, only to arrest you and assault your vehicle (wheels)
  • 3 Stars = They start shooting you, using things like shotguns while the other cop drives the cop in the passenger seat uses a shotgun to weaken your car
  • 4 Stars = Police call in SWAT Members and helicopters
  • 5 Stars = FBI take over
  • 6 Stars = Army/National Guard
  • 7 Stars = MARTIAL LAW!

DAMN HOW I WISH SO!

Also Tasers should play a part in this along with mase and the swat members should be able to use things like gas canisters.

• 1 Star = Cops chase you down and attempt to arrest you (knight sticks) could use force, possibly a mini game to escape their clutches
  • 2 Stars = Same as 1 but they start using guns, only to arrest you and assault your vehicle (wheels)
  • 3 Stars = They start shooting you, using things like shotguns while the other cop drives the cop in the passenger seat uses a shotgun to weaken your car
  • 7 Stars = MARTIAL LAW!

DAMN HOW I WISH SO!

Also Tasers should play a part in this along with mase and the swat members should be able to use things like gas canisters.

i like that idea, i like the "Shootingout the tires" concept in L.A. Noire

I hate the IV wanted system, the cops seemed to be able to pinpoint you where-ever you were, be it a secluded alley or in the middle of the street with no cops anywhere. If you committed a crime, apparently someone "called the cops" and they magically spawned in the wanted radius...

I hope it's something like if you commit a crime with no one around (except your victim) you don't get a star, unless you stay there long enough for a cop to show up. Also, when you commit a crime I hope you can actually see the witnesses if they attempt to call the cops, and eliminate them before they do. And also I want to see the ability to hide from the cops by breaking their line of sight, like running into an alley, or hiding in a dumpster (similar to Assassins Creed).

Finding some hiding spots would be cool as well as the line of sight idea. It's much more plausible than what has been done so far.

And if they don't see you, they can set up a perimeter, depending on the crime you committed, the perimeter radius is larger.

If there's an option to lose your heat by changing clothes, it would rock to head into clucking bell and come out wearing the yellow rooster costume and happily walk past the cops ;)

Finding some hiding spots would be cool as well as the line of sight idea. It's much more plausible than what has been done so far.

And if they don't see you, they can set up a perimeter, depending on the crime you committed, the perimeter radius is larger.

If there's an option to lose your heat by changing clothes, it would rock to head into clucking bell and come out wearing the yellow rooster costume and happily walk past the cops ;)

That would just be insane! it would be so good just to casually walk past the police whilst their all scurrying along looking for this criminal (you), but unaware of the fact you've changed your appearance. Now, that would be cool !

• 7 Stars = MARTIAL LAW!

DAMN HOW I WISH SO!

All pretty accurate but in most states especially in CA, cops aren't going to attempt to shoot your tires out if you stole a car, or something petty like that. I guess if your out shooting like crazy and drive off they may, but realistically in CA, they wouldn't risk the shot.

it would be cool if it was like real life, i agree.

in england police never uses firearms unless it's a house raid against someone expected to have a weapon.

However I know in america every cop carries Glock or some other small pistol, and FBI use m1911's and I think a smaller secondary for emergancies.

But anyway i think it would be cool if say you commited a murder in say... the middle of a park, then yes, maybe in a few minutes police are going to be all over you, but say you killed someone at night time and there was no camera's, although maybe 1 or 2 witnesses... then perhaps say the next time you go to sleep-save at your house, you wake up to find your door about to be kicked in with armed police there to arrest you.

Also on another note which is a little bit off topic, i'd like to see other disabling methods used with weapons and this can come into play with police, say a cop shoots at you but hits your leg = you might be able to hope away really slowly or just stay still in pain, and if cops shoot both your kneecaps, your fucked completely unless you have a motorbike XD.

But yeah, i'm really really sick of this kind of '*police* hey you shot your gun asshole! *shoots shotgun continuously until dead.*' aswell as the hole escaping method.

overall everything with the police needs a rethink so it feels right and less annoying when the police are "after you".

it would be cool if it was like real life, i agree.

in england police never uses firearms unless it's a house raid against someone expected to have a weapon.

However I know in america every cop carries Glock or some other small pistol, and FBI use m1911's and I think a smaller secondary for emergancies.

But anyway i think it would be cool if say you commited a murder in say... the middle of a park, then yes, maybe in a few minutes police are going to be all over you, but say you killed someone at night time and there was no camera's, although maybe 1 or 2 witnesses... then perhaps say the next time you go to sleep-save at your house, you wake up to find your door about to be kicked in with armed police there to arrest you.

Also on another note which is a little bit off topic, i'd like to see other disabling methods used with weapons and this can come into play with police, say a cop shoots at you but hits your leg = you might be able to hope away really slowly or just stay still in pain, and if cops shoot both your kneecaps, your fucked completely unless you have a motorbike XD.

But yeah, i'm really really sick of this kind of '*police* hey you shot your gun asshole! *shoots shotgun continuously until dead.*' aswell as the hole escaping method.

overall everything with the police needs a rethink so it feels right and less annoying when the police are "after you".

If RDR was any sign, then GTA V will incorporate more detailed bodily damage.

yeah it'd be great if they added some sort of line of sight system. GTA 4 had a good wanted level system but was impossible to escape when 4-6 stars. You should be able to hide in an area where the cops can't see you. Sort of like assassins creed type of system. They could go with a new approach adding a bounty hunter system where you would keep some amount of stars unless bribed/bailed out of the bounty.

Whats about to get a ticket for racing or hitting another people?

I hope there is a wantedlevel system like this:

1 Star: For hitting people,demolate things,racing

Cops try to catch you,you have to pay tickets or run away and get two stars

2 Stars For stealing cars,fire your gun,beat up people,smash a police car,punch a cop,...

The police use their night sticks and pepper spray,you got handcuffs and the police transport you to a police station,where you have to pay and lose your weapons

3 Stars: To kill a person,shot a cop,....

The police use now tear gas (maybe dogs?...) and will shot you,if you open the fire. If you get busted, You get also handcuffs and come to the police station

4 Stars: The police try to elimate you,their use their 9mm and sometimes a Shotgun

5 Stars: A helicoptor+ SWAT TEAM with a Mp5 or Mp7,or anyother Submachine Gun (Maybe with policesnipers)

6 Stars: The FBI (or the FB! from IV) come

7 Stars: The Army/Nationalguards come with rhino and barracks,but their are smarter and hidden behing things,throw granades,use cover,...

First of all,7 Stars sounds weird,but who cares?

But this wil never happen,but I want the Army back. But I think they return,probaly the hydra in the trailer was a sign of it

I am sorry for my English :/

I'm hoping it's more realistic.

1 Star: Pushing someone over, getting into a fist fight, etc. Basic crimes. Only 1 or 2 cops, they will run toward you and attempt an arrest. If you start running away after a cop has seen you you'll go to 2 stars. If you get caught, you can pay a fine, go to jail, or run, which will give you instant 2 stars.

2 Stars: Firing a weapon, use of bat/knife, stealing a car etc. Cops will give chase, will tackle you or use tasers. Will draw weapon if you are in a vehicle. Cops will shoot at your tyres but not at you. If you run when caught, you will recieve instant 3 stars.

3 Stars: Shooting at someone, running someone over etc. Murder basically. (Or if robbery/other crimes are possible, these too) Police chopper, more cops than previous stars. Barricades, spikes etc. WIll shoot at tyres, but will not shoot at you unless you shoot at them. Cops will use pistols or shotguns.

4 Stars: More murder/destruction of cars. Police will attempt to kill you, better weapons, occasional SWAT vehicle/officers. SWAT guys are more intelligent/better trained than cops, so they're more accurate, better drivers etc. Light machine guns as well as the above two.

5 Stars: More of the above. FBI officers, more accurate than regular cops, better weaponry, tougher vehicles, won't just run at you like regular cops will. Assault rifles and below.

6 Stars: More of the above. Military involvement, annhilator, tanks etc. Hard to get to, i.e you'll spend a bit of time on 5 stars before this happens. Heavy machine guns, vehicle mounted guns etc.

I'm just wanting a more realistic wanted level system. Realistic star progression, and even if the regular beat cops are dumb, the FBI/SWAT/other should use cover and such, and not just wander out in the open toward you. Perhaps even basic tactics like flanking or getting to higher ground. Cop chases/shootouts have always been a favourite of mine so i'd like these to be fun and challenging, not just me sat in a corner blasting dumb ass cops as they run at me with their pistols while I gun them down with an m16. Even the FBI officers did the same, and it's not at all realistic when it takes 50 of them running at me with AK47's before I finally get killed.

I agree with you Nicko9000 that would be a good system and i hated the cops in iv. I really liked the wanted system in assassins Creed, i think R* should be influenced by that a bit.

also a bit off topic but i was thinking, wouldnt it be good to go on the internet on ur phone instead of going to a stupid internet cafe.

The cops should use these tactics to catch you

: asking witnesses or cameras

: chasing you until but you could hide

: road blocks that check people

: a news report will get whole city after you

: police chase and shooting tires when not by people, this was so stupid in GTA IV id'e run from police and i dodged people on side walks but cops just ran them over.

: police helocopter

: spike strips

: armed road blocks

: swat team or riot police

: FBI or CIA

:army/ national guard with tanks and humvees and heliocopters with missels.

: just lock down the city by blowing up or rasing buildings and shut off all ways out :subway, airport, roads,

: the last thing should be assasins or spys trained to kill you. They could be a hot dog vendor or homless man just comes up and shoots you point blank. I would like it if there were any planes/jets with missels, i know it would ruin the game but AC130 would be awsome.

:

1 Star: Pushing someone over, getting into a fist fight, etc. Basic crimes. Only 1 or 2 cops, they will run toward you and attempt an arrest. If you start running away after a cop has seen you you'll go to 2 stars. If you get caught, you can pay a fine, go to jail, or run, which will give you instant 2 stars.

2 Stars: Firing a weapon, use of bat/knife, stealing a car etc. Cops will give chase, will tackle you or use tasers. Will draw weapon if you are in a vehicle. Cops will shoot at your tyres but not at you. If you run when caught, you will recieve instant 3 stars.

3 Stars: Shooting at someone, running someone over etc. Murder basically. (Or if robbery/other crimes are possible, these too) Police chopper, more cops than previous stars. Barricades, spikes etc. WIll shoot at tyres, but will not shoot at you unless you shoot at them. Cops will use pistols or shotguns.

4 Stars: More murder/destruction of cars. Police will attempt to kill you, better weapons, occasional SWAT vehicle/officers. SWAT guys are more intelligent/better trained than cops, so they're more accurate, better drivers etc. Light machine guns as well as the above two.

5 Stars: More of the above. FBI officers, more accurate than regular cops, better weaponry, tougher vehicles, won't just run at you like regular cops will. Assault rifles and below.

6 Stars: More of the above. Military involvement, annhilator, tanks etc. Hard to get to, i.e you'll spend a bit of time on 5 stars before this happens. Heavy machine guns, vehicle mounted guns etc.

I'm just wanting a more realistic wanted level system. Realistic star progression, and even if the regular beat cops are dumb, the FBI/SWAT/other should use cover and such, and not just wander out in the open toward you. Perhaps even basic tactics like flanking or getting to higher ground. Cop chases/shootouts have always been a favourite of mine so i'd like these to be fun and challenging, not just me sat in a corner blasting dumb ass cops as they run at me with their pistols while I gun them down with an m16. Even the FBI officers did the same, and it's not at all realistic when it takes 50 of them running at me with AK47's before I finally get killed.

Murdering a ped, 3 stars? No thanks

I think you should be allowed to at least punch and/or shove people without fear of getting busted. Thats the thing that pissed me off about GTA 4, it seems like EVERY little thing you do, the police automatically know and pursue you. And you should be able to defend yourself by lethal or non lethal force if you didn't start the fight without the fear of the law breathing down your neck. You should also be able to assist police with catching criminals without being arrested, like shooting a running criminal in the leg.

Yeah I don't mind the radial thing but cops should only spawn INSIDE the radial and not magically appear outside just when you're about to escape it. And have a NEVER WANTED cheat code, bc some of us like to wreak havoc without the goddamn police chasing us for every stupid thing, just make it to where it blocks achievements like in RDR.

AND BRING BACK THE GORE, when I shoot someone in the face with a shotgun point blank range I exspect their head to completely burst into bloody pieces

Murdering a ped, 3 stars? No thanks

Hmm yeah that would get annoying fast. I don't really care what the exact requirements for each star are, so long as the wanted level progression is more realistic and cops aren't as dumb.