KIDRAGE

Should GTAV Have More Safehouses?

I've never really liked the way cars were saved in GTA IV. The old garages were ok, but they need a more reliable saving system. Once you have a car in your possession you should have the option to either save it or not. Maybe one of those cool revolving garages that is in Tokyo Drift for one of the expensive safe-house's.? That's be cool. Or something like this:

(Obviously you wouldn't see the cars stored, only the car you pick slides out from the side.)

I like the way Saints Row did it actually. They just appear in a list in the garage once you've modded them.

I've never really liked the way cars were saved in GTA IV. The old garages were ok, but they need a more reliable saving system. Once you have a car in your possession you should have the option to either save it or not. Maybe one of those cool revolving garages that is in Tokyo Drift for one of the expensive safe-house's.? That's be cool. Or something like this:

(Obviously you wouldn't see the cars stored, only the car you pick slides out from the side.)

I like the way Saints Row did it actually. They just appear in a list in the garage once you've modded them.

Agree on these ideas. No way we can have another IV games when it comes to saving our cars. Hey lets have docks at a few safehouses too, so we can save boats as well.

I hope we have helipads again, in VC we had one at the mansion and the garage/house downtown. I used to wait around for a helicopter and have a nice fly to where ever.

It would be great if there are unlockable rewards & weapons available at safehouse as in previous versions...therefore more rather than less safehouses is fine by me.

As I've said before, when it comes to GTA, I value car storage more than a bed. A full-on parking garage would be too much, but I'd like to buy one of the smaller six- to nine-car lots that were in IV (the elevated things, whatever they're called). If the lot comes packaged with an apartment, all the better.

one of the smaller six- to nine-car lots that were in IV (the elevated things, whatever they're called).

Yeah those would have been nice to use. Even if we had to rent space in one of the lots to use the car lifts (zomg something to spend moneyz on!i!i!).

I'm surprised they didn't do it for TBOGT since the one mission uses the lift. There were tons of new/cool cars to keep with the DLC too.

I can only assume that we were supposed to be able to use the IV parking spaces and it wasn't just a bug. I would never have been able to decide what to keep with just two spaces. Shit, I used one space just for a backup Tampa. That was "my" car through the whole DLC. Luis seemed like a muscle car guy to me.

Of course it had to be something simple like 'car lift'...

I want at least one big-ass mansion overlooking the beach with car parking for like 6 cars, and then a rundown shack full of easter-eggs and mysteries in the middle of the desert, isolated from civilization. And all the houses in between, of course.

Oh and a house in the projects where if you walk in the street you get shot by ghetto thugs in a driveby and corpses litter the streets.

Yeah there needs to be a proper mansion, like Diaz's place in Vice City. The most luxurious place in IV was Playboy's apartment, and only because it had a pool table.

I remeber we had a mission at a lush mansion in GTA IV and i really wanted it (cant remember what mission now), so fucked off we only got PBs place. If this one is all about money then really we should get a nice pad, i hope that you can buy a limit of maybe 6 houses but you can buy any you want and sell them if you want to buy another.

As I've said before, when it comes to GTA, I value car storage more than a bed. A full-on parking garage would be too much, but I'd like to buy one of the smaller six- to nine-car lots that were in IV (the elevated things, whatever they're called). If the lot comes packaged with an apartment, all the better.

Absolutely, the garages were the best part of the safehouse

• Like 1

id rather have fewer safe houses with more detail and access over many safehouses that dont serve much of a purpose. the hill-side house in the trailer, with like a 5 car garage, working lap-top, working stereo, hot tub you can sit down in, more enterable rooms, small features like turning the lights off/on, opening/closing curtains or windows, would be way better then 16 houses with more non enterable rooms, 2 car garage. its not the amount of safehouses that matter but what the safehouse is able to do, otherwise it is just plain old interior.

also varriation in setting. a hill-side house, a condo, bungalo(if thats how you spell it) beach house.

Edited by n4t1v3w47
  • Like 1

id rather have fewer safe houses with more detail and access over many safehouses that dont serve much of a purpose. the hill-side house in the trailer, with like a 5 car garage, working lap-top, working stereo, hot tub you can sit down in, more enterable rooms, small features like turning the lights off/on, opening/closing curtains or windows, would be way better then 16 houses with more non enterable rooms, 2 car garage. its not the amount of safehouses that matter but what the safehouse is able to do, otherwise it is just plain old interior.

also varriation in setting. a hill-side house, a condo, bungalo(if thats how you spell it) beach house.

I have to agree actually, having a load of random shit in your house u cant do f all with is point less, i want more detail 2.

I think i wasn't the only person that thought we'd end up with the mafia mansion towards the end of IV. That kind of reminded me of the house you got on shoreside vale in Liberty City Stories.

I'd like to have the "trophies" from Vice City back. Certain missions in Vice City left an item from the mission in your hotel room or Diaz's mansion. It was a nice touch, and I'd like it back.

Goddamnit what is this, Grand Theft Armoire: Barbie's Playhouse? You aren't going to get the chance to pick the fucking drapes for the window in the foyer and you don't get to pick the color scheme of the master bedroom. You'll get your 2-5 safehouses with a fucking arcade game and TV and you're going to complain about it on this very forum about a year from now.

Edited by TreeFitty
Don't flame.

Its not customization i want, i just want more options of things to do, like get some food from the fridge, use the phone, things like that, i dont want random shit in my house i cant even use.

EDIT: like the hot tub at Playboys place in GTA IV, why not make it so you can get in it? What the point otherwise? Just stuff like that.

I want to be able to steal stuff from other houses and add it to your house. It would be hilarious robbing someones house day by day, with them ending up with a completely empty house. I know it's not realistic, but a lot of thing's in videogames aren't.

I want to be able to steal stuff from other houses and add it to your house. It would be hilarious robbing someones house day by day, with them ending up with a completely empty house. I know it's not realistic, but a lot of thing's in videogames aren't.

Well that wouldn't even be about customization, so much as B&E, burglary, etc. etc. so I support that idea.

And no it wouldn't be realistic at all, but neither is the entire GTA franchise. I think I would remember all the shootouts with AK-47s and pipe bombs if it were...

I want to upgrade safe houses like put new rooms in like an attic or basment to store weapons and a helipad or dock and a three car garage like in GTA SA. Also it would be very good if you could adapte saints row the thirds style of garage where it is a big list of cars to chose from. Mabey you guys could put turrents and deffence weapons on your safehouse- idk mabey for fun or missions- HELL you guys should make a new mode where you try and take over someones safehouse- in online mode thou.

In GTA4 all safe-houses are in the north after you lose Hove Beach.

I'm thinking they actually missed something in GTA4, which is the financial district. Yesterday I was looking around there and saw some stuff I had barely ever seen before after completing the game twice already. Could call it a black hole on the map, which is quite strange for such prominent area.

In SA the only 'black holes' were Bayside Marina and Palomino Creek. Those areas barely had any activities, apart from the boat school in Bayside.

In my opinion a safe-house is a base of operations, and then I think they should try to put operations in many areas, so you switch your base often, getting acquainted with the whole map slowly but certainly. In SA they did this really well, although there were probably too many safe-houses in some places like SF. In GTA4 you just had to drive several miles to Ray Boccino constantly, as far south as the game went storywise.

As far as saving cars go, I would like to be able to use parking garages. there were alot of them in GTAIV but you couldn't rent car space. Maybe you can buy one and have like 50 spots, all you have to do is drive into the entrace (sort of like the carwashes in GTAIV) then a valet will take the car and park it in the garage for you, (kinda like the SA San Fierro valet parking) the cars will remain there until you walk up to a marker infront of the vallet and ask for one of your cars (a list of cars inside the parking lot will appear) then the valet brings it to you. Or you can get it your self. This should work with all parking lots. You'll have to pay $20 a day for each vehicle in the lots you dont own.

For house customization, I dont care about sofas and dinner tables. I want to be able to order pool tables, tredmills, large TVs, arcade machines, pool tables (wich you can play pool on), dart boards etc. online or fom a store. I also want to be able to hire construction workers to add gyms, pools, basketball & tennis courts etc........

Basicly just bring all the minigames and activities to my safe house.