Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

GTA V: Universal Studios?

Guest Marney1

Ever since I heard that rumour about two queers talking on a plane (or something) about GTA V being set in Hollywood I've always imagined how cool it would be to do vehicle stunts and stuff at the studios as an in-game job. Like The Fall Guy.

LOL Never seen that before ^

And yes, Lee Majors aka Colt Seavers in The Fall Guy voiced Mitch Baker in Vice City.

Other version of The Fall Guy intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6oUs50Sn4 - WARNING: Contains jet pack and Heather Thomas in a bikini.

its possible.. anythings a possibility as nothings confirmed but its there most ambitious game yet so whats more ambitious than putting a fully functioning theme park within a game, i doubt it would be called universal studios but then as they'd have to make up loads of random movies too and spoofs to actually have movie theme's in there maybe a little too ambitious? id like to think they'd have gta's vision of disney world that would be amazing. but Disney are stiffs for copywriting..

Guest Marney1

If they did a theme park they HAVE to make it rideable, otherwise its a waste. Annoyed me in GTA 4.

Yeah, even if the place was just open with people walking around or screaming on the rollercoaster would have made it ten times more enjoyable, the place was just grim - like Rhyl in North Wales.

DSCN3138.jpg

In IV they could have at least had an air rifle range for you to win a teddy bear or something.

Yeah as mentioned above, what is vienwood without a movie studio? I think that will be included in the game, maybe with a few missions there as well. But I doubt there will be a full sized amusement park (kind of like Universal Studios is).

If they did a theme park they HAVE to make it rideable, otherwise its a waste. Annoyed me in GTA 4.

Yeah, even if the place was just open with people walking around or screaming on the rollercoaster would have made it ten times more enjoyable, the place was just grim - like Rhyl in North Wales.

In IV they could have at least had an air rifle range for you to win a teddy bear or something.

I think it was supposed to be abondoned in IV since everything was shit and overgrown. The amusement park+surrounding area in Coney Island hasn't had the best outlook for years either (developers want the property for more housing) and I think around the time IV was being made there was talks about it closing down (one of many times). I think R* was going with "Coney Island finally died" in IV.

Guest Marney1

I always just presumed the 'funfair' season had just ended in GTA IV and had been closed down until next year.

Liberty City was just one big grim city wasn't it?

Guest Marney1

Liberty City was just one big grim city wasn't it?

A real depressing shit-hole. I'd like to live there.

I always expect to bump into you in the subway system, that's what makes it spooky for me.

• Like 1

As a film enthusiast, I'd personally love this! Wish there was a way to take video in the game too (such as on a PS3... I'm not that technically savvy to figure that out, but it'd be cool!) But... anyway. Wasn't there a couple of movie studios featured in past games?? I think on the Star Island of Vice City there was one... and hidden somewhere in San Andreas there was one (where a few mobile homes were always parked). Hopefully they go above and beyond for this. I think it's impossible for them to NOT include some element of the movies in GTA 5.

Prawn Island in VC. I think there is actually two studios in SA. One is a lot with a water tower where you can get the Caddy and the other is a large studio building with the campers (south of the park) - where the Sentinel and Journeys are in this map.

And again, I think we'll get movie studios.

there will definitely be some sort of movie studios as this is the mostly known thing about LA/Hollywood.

I doubt tho that there will be another amusement park beside the rides located on Sta Monica Pier, because the other 2 known parks are too far off with Disneyland in Anaheim and the Universal Studios thing "behind the mountains", where I guess the countryside will start already, pretty much like it was in San Andreas where LS ended in the Vinewood Hills.