AK's? Lame. come on. these are the same guns we have been using in GTA games for the past 10+ years.. It's time for new, exciting guns. I dont care if they are weird and dont even exist, at least we would have something refreshing. average hand guns and assault rifes get boring after 10 fucking minutes. It would be nice just to be a little creative....lava gun, *cough*

This isn't Saints Row.

I too would like a sword but that ain't happening.
. I heard there is a store within a mall or something that you can get ancient weapons like axes and swords from, could be wrong though. Been a long time since I have been logged on.

That was some BS "leak" posted on crap sites.

• Like 2

AK's? Lame. come on. these are the same guns we have been using in GTA games for the past 10+ years.. It's time for new, exciting guns. I dont care if they are weird and dont even exist, at least we would have something refreshing. average hand guns and assault rifes get boring after 10 fucking minutes. It would be nice just to be a little creative....lava gun, *cough*

I like your imagination but this isn't saints row. I agree with you on not having all these hand guns and what not. There's still a huge variety of other types of weapons that we could have. Acr, scar, Cross bow, different types of grenades, throwing or ballistic knifes for stealth. Garrotes for strangulation etc.

Well it was based on realistic weapons. They did say there would be more meelee weapons. Maybe the different grenades was far fetched but if stealth is going to be apart of the game then I'd hope some sort of stealth would be in as well.

• Like 1

Well it was based on realistic weapons. They did say there would be more meelee weapons. Maybe the different grenades was far fetched but if stealth is going to be apart of the game then I'd hope some sort of stealth would be in as well.

I don't see why having different grenade types(flashbang, smoke, etc.) is far fetched in a game focusing so strongly on heists. The rifles you mentioned, including the AK, are all fine weapons. I'll take the 7.62 round any day. ;)

• Like 1

Regarding different grenade types: the "smart" plans, typically involving lots of expensive planning and preparation, could plausibly be simplified with two simple grenades. A flashbang followed by a smoke grenade. Toss them in in that order, go in, grab the take, and walk out. You wouldn't even need to spend money on concealing your face.

• Like 2

Are we talking about GTA, Saints Row, or Call of Duty now?

The S.C.A.R.(Speacial-operations forces combat assult rifle) is an actual weapon with different models a long with Remingtons ACR

Common rifle knowledge which many aren't aware of, they just think COD makes up guns but ehh..

A wide variety of guns and weapons is what I would like to see. I know I will be happy with the guns since there is going to be customization. I really want to see brass knuckles make a return that would make melee more interesting. An ax preferably two headed.

I want to see some crude weapons like a pool ball in a sock. Or a broken bottle. And if I pick up a brick I want to be able to smash someone with it, or if I throw it at someone's heAd it fucks them up(unlike gta4). Beating pedestrians with a dildo is good for a laugh.

It would be cool if we could use woodcutter axes or fireman axes. They would also be slightly more realistic than a double edged battleaxe.

A double edge woodsmen axe is what I mean. Maybe only found in a remote loggers camp. But a firemens axe would also be great.

I don't really care for the antique type of weapons. Maybe a pick axe or sledge hammer can be found on a construction site.

I think flash bangs and smoke grenades are very plausible. Regardless of what they call them I would like to have a variety of assault rifles, not just the AK and the M-4. I hope that heat seeking missiles make a return.

Didn't they say they'll have the biggest arsenal of any gta game. I hope for more than 3 sets of weapons. Maybe 5 sets. That may be a lot but of they're having a map the size of gta 5 they might as well have a huge arsenal

Didn't they say they'll have the biggest arsenal of any gta game. I hope for more than 3 sets of weapons. Maybe 5 sets. That may be a lot but of they're having a map the size of gta 5 they might as well have a huge arsenal

Well judging from the screencap of the in-game Weapon Wheel we will have 7 different weapon types ( not including our fists/ which might be upgraded with Brass/ Spiked Knuckles/ and will probably also include Melee Weapons ).

Each type of weapon will almost definitely have multiple variants/ types of the same class. For example, the Assault Rifle weapon type will probably have an M4 and an AK47 ( alongside other AR's ).

The different weapon types based on the screencap below are ( going clockwise from the Fist Icon ) ~

~ Shotguns

~ Grenade/ RPG Launchers

~ Explosives ( like C4 or Hand-Grenades )

~ Pistols ( Semi-Auto or fully Automatic variants )

~ Light Machine Guns ( and possibly other heavy weapons )

~ Assault Rifles

~ And lastly Rifles/ Sniper Rifles

gameplay-1-the-weapons-wheel.jpg

• Like 2

Well judging from the screencap of the in-game Weapon Wheel we will have 7 different weapon types ( not including our fists/ which might be upgraded with Brass/ Spiked Knuckles/ and will probably also include Melee Weapons ).

Each type of weapon will almost definitely have multiple variants/ types of the same class. For example, the Assault Rifle weapon type will probably have an M4 and an AK47 ( alongside other AR's ).

The different weapon types based on the screencap below are ( going clockwise from the Fist Icon ) ~

~ Shotguns

~ Grenade/ RPG Launchers

~ Explosives ( like C4 or Hand-Grenades )

~ Pistols ( Semi-Auto or fully Automatic variants )

~ Light Machine Guns ( and possibly other heavy weapons )

~ Assault Rifles

~ And lastly Rifles/ Sniper Rifles

you did a very thorough job. And yea I imagine it will be like RDR but with more options. The weapons I've seen already have got me excited. I just to know if there is more pistols and shotguns. I hope the M9 and Deagle and AP pistol aren't the only ones. Hoping for a glock. And some more shotguns. Perhaps a S&W 3000. They seem pretty stacked on assault rifles. Idk just lots more than gta 4 is what I guess I'm trying to say

you did a very thorough job. And yea I imagine it will be like RDR but with more options. The weapons I've seen already have got me excited. I just to know if there is more pistols and shotguns. I hope the M9 and Deagle and AP pistol aren't the only ones. Hoping for a glock. And some more shotguns. Perhaps a S&W 3000. They seem pretty stacked on assault rifles. Idk just lots more than gta 4 is what I guess I'm trying to say

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rockstar stated that GTA V would have more weapons than any of their previous games ( as you said in an earlier post ). And this will most likely mean many different guns for every gun category ( and many melee weapons as well ).

I would also like a wider variety of weapons as well. Like for instance machine pistols such as the fully automatic Glock 18 ( plus the ability to dual-wield them/ and it was also the gun of choice for the Joker in "The Dark Knight" ). Or maybe even a different type of Kalashnikov Rifle like the AK12, which features a drum magazine and select fire modes ( such as semi-auto/ 3 round burst/ and full auto ), as well as a Picatinny Rail System which allows you to add attachments such as different optical sights, laser illuminators, flashlights, vertical fore-grips, bipods, and grenade launchers or master-key systems ( an underslung shotgun ). It has a good rate of fire, with good range and accuracy, and hardly any recoil. It should definitely replace the AK 47 in GTA V ( but probably won't :( ).

mDSC01951.jpg( Glock 18 is pictured on the left/ And the AK 12 is below )SbyfA.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rockstar stated that GTA V would have more weapons than any of their previous games ( as you said in an earlier post ). And this will most likely mean many different guns for every gun category ( and many melee weapons as well ).

I would also like a wider variety of weapons as well. Like for instance machine pistols such as the fully automatic Glock 18 ( plus the ability to dual-wield them/ and it was also the gun of choice for the Joker in "The Dark Knight" ). Or maybe even a different type of Kalashnikov Rifle like the AK12, which features a drum magazine and select fire modes ( such as semi-auto/ 3 round burst/ and full auto ), as well as a Picatinny Rail System which allows you to add attachments such as different optical sights, laser illuminators, flashlights, vertical fore-grips, bipods, and grenade launchers or master-key systems ( an underslung shotgun ). It has a good rate of fire, with good range and accuracy, and hardly any recoil. It should definitely replace the AK 47 in GTA V ( but probably won't :( ).

mDSC01951.jpg( Glock 18 is pictured on the left/ And the AK 12 is below )SbyfA.jpg

all that actually sounds very realistic and possible. It would be quite fun to have a lot more variety. Also a question I have for you would be can you customize your gun color. For example could you change a pistol from a black gun metal to chrome or nickel-plated. This has always been something I've really wanted to do

all that actually sounds very realistic and possible. It would be quite fun to have a lot more variety. Also a question I have for you would be can you customize your gun color. For example could you change a pistol from a black gun metal to chrome or nickel-plated. This has always been something I've really wanted to do

I can't remember any of the previews stating that we could put different Colours/ Camo's on our guns. But with the wide variety of attachments already confirmed as being part of weapons customization in GTA V, I couldn't rule it out.

The only attachments which have been confirmed as part of GTA V's weapon customization are; Suppressors, Laser Sights/ Illuminator's, Scopes ( such as a Red Dot Sight ), Extended Mags, and Grips.

Any other attachments such as Underslung Grenade Launchers, Master-Keys, Bipods, or different Stocks are still based purely on speculation.

I do remember seeing something about being able to adjust the "tint" of weapons in order to customize color. Whether that was actually in a legit preview or just some wacky speculation, though, I don't recall...

I do remember seeing something about being able to adjust the "tint" of weapons in order to customize color. Whether that was actually in a legit preview or just some wacky speculation, though, I don't recall...

Can you remember which preview it might of been?

I seem to remember hearing something about that, but I cannot remember where. It seems logical to me. R* has made it clear that customization and spending money will be a big part of the game, what better way to spend money then gold plaiting on your gun?

^^It would be great if weapon camo's ( or gold plated guns ) were in the game.

And they very well could be, we'll find out for sure on Sept 17.

Anyone notice the lack of a Sub-Machine Gun icon on the Weapon Wheel?

I wonder whether SMG's will replace one of the other categories when equipped, maybe replacing the Pistol or Assault Rifle slot on the weapon wheel ( due to SMG's falling into a class somewhere in-between these two weapons ).

Can you remember which preview it might of been?

"The player has access to a wide range of modifications, such as extended clips that allow you to fire more ammo between reloads, grips to improve your accuracy, weapon tints to color your guns, flashlights, scopes, and suppressors. "

GameInformer Q&A on customization from July 9.

• Like 1

^^It would be great if weapon camo's ( or gold plated guns ) were in the game.

I wonder whether SMG's will replace one of the other categories when equipped, maybe replacing the Pistol or Assault Rifle slot on the weapon wheel ( due to SMG's falling into a class somewhere in-between these two weapons ).

I spelled plated wrong didn't I.

Perhaps they just ran out of room so they combined it with an other section? I could see it fitting in with the Assault Rifle section.