I read somewhere that if you run out of ammo, you don't simply throw your gun away. So I'm guessing the only way to lose your gun is being arrested, or physically deleting it from you weapon selection wheel.

It'll be interesting to see if police weapons (mainly rifles and SMG's) will be modded, mainly as I'd assume the police IRL would issue a rifle or SMG with a scope or laser aiming module?

That is a good question. That question could be applied to other parts of the game as well. Will weapons you pick up around the map all be stock or will some of them already have Mods? It would be sweet to climb up one of the mountains and find tricked out sniper rifle or something.

I read somewhere that if you run out of ammo, you don't simply throw your gun away. So I'm guessing the only way to lose your gun is being arrested, or physically deleting it from you weapon selection wheel.

I am okay with this, especially when the guns have been modded.

Sounds like they're bascially recycling and revamping RDRs system.

I don’t know if they are recycling, but I think they are drawing on several key aspects of that system that seemed to work well. They also seem to be drawing from max payne 3 (in general). I think R* tends to treat every game like a test bed for future games. They take what works and toss out what didn’t. It is a good way of doing things because they are always improving. Now I am sure most developers do that to some degree, but it seems like R* is particularly good at it. Most developers also only seem to limit their improvements across individual franchises while R* will use any game it produces across any of its studios.

• Like 1

^^Exactly that, that's what I've been trying to explain to my friends so they can see how intense this game is really going to be. Almsot everything they've worked on has some sort of rollover into V, it's like their thesis for the current gen.

I was realy wondering about the weapons storage myself... I think it just depends on what kind of safehouse you have, and what type of weapon it is. a person like trevor will probably have his arsenal in a room in his house, while the other two might keep their stash a little more "out of sight", due to their personality and lives. I was also thinking about the LA Noire concept of storing weapons in your vehicle. maybe keep your big stuff stashed in the open seats, or keep ammo or handguns in the glove box, so you can go back to your vehicle and re supply. My only question with that is, what if your car gets totaled, stolen, or just abandoned? anyone have suggestions for that? I think it would be a decent system, if that problem was fixed

The amount of weapons R* puts into the game also correlates to the realism. Is it going to be like Mafia II where walking down the street carrying a tiny ass revolver gets you spotted by a copper 100 yards away? Or is it the comic element like SA where walking around with an RPG has no effect. I apologize if this has come up, or if it has been changed in IV, I never had the pleasure of playing it.

I would like to see a wide variety of guns return, but not because I'm a COD freak, but because wide varieties of options are nice. They also differ, and some might be better then others e.g. Aug A3 has a high rate of fire, might be better for clearing out people then G3A3 due to small magazine capacity and slower rate of fire in comparison. (Again, sorry, just got off bf3)

Customization will be fun though, looking forward to that- but one thing I do hope to return is named guns- I read that IV just basically has 'pistol' and 'combat pistol' but would be based on real guns like the desert eagle. Be more realistic if they actually used proper names or at least made up realistic sounding names.

Regarding the last issue you brought up, a major reason for fictionalized weapon names in many games is licensing issues. The second point you made is valid. The weapon tiers in IV were somewhat confusing, as the "Advanced" tiers were not vastly improved over the "Poor" tiers. There were certainly some differences (the Poor tier granted you a Molotov cocktail while the Advanced tier gave you access to grenades), but overall performance of the weapons were quite similar between tiers. The Poor tier's Assault Rifle was identical to the Combat Rifle, etc. With the customization being introduced in this iteration of GTA, I'm sure that differences between weapon tiers will be more pronounced, and perhaps even visualized with stats for different attributes such as damage, reload time, accuracy...

/rant

Oh and another thing that I've seen mentioned before is the modding thing- this has been mentioned before, but I really do like the idea of weapons rooms and also for cars, garages- mods you make to weapons and cars can be saved here, so when you lose that gun, or car, you can pick it back up at your safe house for its cost- that way you don't have to get the gun and go through the trouble of modding it all over again.

I'd rather not have to make repeat purchases if I lose my gun/car and want to reclaim it at the safehouse. Not the place to discuss cars, but I'd like to pay a fee proportional to the amount of damage incurred on my car to repair it.

I'd rather not have to make repeat purchases if I lose my gun/car and want to reclaim it at the safehouse. Not the place to discuss cars, but I'd like to pay a fee proportional to the amount of damage incurred on my car to repair it.

I would go for that, for both weapons and cars.

Hahah thanks, one of the more pleasant and welcoming threads obviously. But a seriously pumped for the game, as all this promo that's going on has me feeling R* won't let us down though they won't meet our somewhat ridiculous demands :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that you'll have to make choices regarding what weapons to take on a heist mission, so I can see the weapons attribute thing being in place, I'd imagine a shotgun for crowd control, light machine gun for suppressive fire and an assault rifle for a bit of mid ground between the two

i hope they have as many cool guns as they did in GTA SA. i really liked the lock on rocket launcher as well as the chainsaw and of course the katana.

We'll be needing another version of the lock-on launcher to deal with pesky jets.

if they do hopefully they will make it have a reasonable range. and of course give military air vehicles flares.

i hope they have as many cool guns as they did in GTA SA. i really liked the lock on rocket launcher as well as the chainsaw and of course the katana.

I'm hoping we'll get something like the Starstreak HVM as used by the British army, it uses 3 dart like missilles and they cant be deceived by flares.... and it looks cool as fuck :P

Water guns for pissing people off like the Firetruck in IV. Water guns would really be cool and filling it with any source of water like river or sea. Also people should slip while running when water on ground, this would be so cool like cops following you and you wet the floor while running using the water gun and they slipping.

• Like 1

Water guns for pissing people off like the Firetruck in IV. Water guns would really be cool and filling it with any source of water like river or sea. Also people should slip while running when water on ground, this would be so cool like cops following you and you wet the floor while running using the water gun and they slipping.

That would be pretty funny.

Or buying chemicals and acids and pouring them into your water gun before going around shooting people. Sadistic, I know, but it's GTA!

Or buying chemicals and acids and pouring them into your water gun before going around shooting people. Sadistic, I know, but it's GTA!

i could see that happening if we had water guns

i could see that happening if we had water guns

Yes I can finally cut some one up the squirt vinegar on them...The Pain. The GLOURIOUS PAIN.