I really would like to see melee weapons from previous GTA titles like: chainsaw, baseball bat, knife, golf club etc. I would not like to see a throwing knife or axe or something like that because it's not really the GTA style.

Trevor burying an axe into someones head doesnt tickle your fancy at all?

That was an M249 in the securicar scene right?

To me it looks kinda like an ACR, with dual mags, kinda like in this image? remingtonaac1.jpg

Yeah it's possible, I guess the SAW would generally have a longer mag. I sure hope it's an ACR type, love those things. Also that would be the 4th rifle to be seen not to mention variations in magazines :D

In my sleepy state last night I had assumed it was the Carbine (M4 look-alike) with a weird clip. After browsing through tons of M249 pics I think that may be it.

And after further research, that translates into the GTA universe as the "Advanced MG":

2733.jpg

2508.jpg

Which the likeness pretty much confirms it.

1) AK-47

2) Desert Eagle

3) Five Seven

4) Glock

5) M4A1

6) Beretta

7) AWP

8) Minigun

9) USP 45

10) RPG

11) Flashbang

12) Molotov Cocktail

13) C4

14) Grenade

15) Uzi

16) P99

17) P90

18) AUG

19) Famas

20) SCAR-H

21) M4

22) SCOUT

23) Thompson

24) AA-12

25) Model 1912

26) AL391

27) FP6

28) W1200

29) SPAS 12

30) SIGP250

31) M1911

32) COLT 1911

33) S&W Model 686

34) Ruger Super Redhawk

35) SIG550

36) G36

37) F2000

38) Chainsaw

39) Knife

40) Baseball Bat

41) Police Baton

42) Knuckles

43) Taser

I hope they bring back some of the melee weapons from past GTA's. Vice City had quite a few, the hammer, baseball bat, knife, meat cleaver, machete, katana, screwdriver, golf club, police baton, chainsaw. There was also that DIY shop dedicated to melee weapons.

Looks like several of these are returning, including the golf club, baton, baseball bat and hopefully some of the others.

Also, do you guys reckon it would be cool to customize the baseball bat (or any other melee weapon for that matter). There could be default designs made by R*, as well as the ability to make designs ourselves.

Perhaps engrave a custom message on the bat? I'd like my foes' last sight to be a trollface, burned into the hardened maple.

"Problem?"

I don't mean to be negative at all but I wouldn't wanna confirm golf clubs as weapons just yet.. It could be a minigame only type of thing. In TBGOT there were golf clubs but sadly, we couldn't smash a dude's face in with it...

325px-Golf-TBOGT-teeingoff.jpg

Perhaps engrave a custom message on the bat? I'd like my foes' last sight to be a trollface, burned into the hardened maple.

"Problem?"

Like this:

post-4046-0-36722900-1369352012.jpg

"Problem?"

Like this:

post-4046-0-36722900-1369352012.jpg

Wrap that bitch in barbed wire with some nails in it and the you got yourself s stew going!

I find that preparation too harsh on the digestive tract. I'd prefer to julienne the bat and toss it with olive oil and minced garlic, then spread on a baking sheet and toast for ten minutes. Yum!

I haven't posted here yet for some reason. And it looks like you guys have covered everything ( plus the kitchen sink ), so I'll just add some of the more unique weapons that I would like to see. Yes I know most aren't guns...

~ Harpoon Gun ( for Underwater Combat )

~ Flare Gun or Flame Thrower ( for starting fires )

~ Tools ( like from Vice City, such as Hammers/ Screwdrivers/ Shovels/ Axes/ Hatchets/ Nail Guns etc )

~ Taser/ Mace ( Get them from the police station, could be fun using against Peds )

~ Throwing Knives/ Shuriken ( for the inner Ninja in you )

~ Heavy duty Melee weapons ( like the Katana/ Chainsaw/ Top Secret Energy Sword found in the Military Base )

~ Hunting Bow/ Crossbow with different types of arrow heads ( Normal/ Incendiary/ Explosive )

~ Bladed Boomerang that comes back to you after targeting someone ( like in Mad Max 2/ Road Warrior, or Rage )

~ Different types of Hand Grenades ( Fragmentation/ Stun/ Smoke/ Incendiary/ Satchel Charges )

~ Blow Pipes ( with poison tipped darts )

~ Medieval weapons ( like Flails or Maces )

~ Bull Whips

~ Anti-Tank/ Anti-Material Rifles

~ Multi Barrel Grenade Launchers that can fire Frag, Smoke and Tear Gas rounds

~ Different types of Missile Launchers ( that can lock onto either land or air based vehicles, or with free aim like an RPG7 )

Not a gun, but I'd really like to see an M15 type of land mine. Just line a bunch of them up on a roadway and watch the fun happen. Or better yet, on a racing route.

• Like 1

I want loads of melee weapons that kill people differently. I'm not a psychopath (yet) but it would be awesome to smash someone in the head randomly with a hammer.

• Like 1

That's half the fun of GTA for me: taking a break from missions and walking down the street assaulting pedestrians. Additional melee weapons would be fantastic.

So I have been thinking about weapons customization a little. I am really not sure how to put this but here it goes...

Do you guys think that guns will be treated as they are in any other GTA or will they be unique items? For example: let’s say I go and buy a standard Shotgun from AmmuNation, I then modify that shotgun. Do you think that modified shotgun will be unique, and if I lose it then it is gone forever? Or will it will I just be able to pick it up again, modded and all, as if nothing happened.

If the former is true then I would hope that we had some sort of weapons locker at our safe houses where we could store different weapons kind of how we store cars in garages. I am thinking we could have something like 4 or 5 different versions of the M4 saved at our safe house. We can then chose which one we want for a particular mission. If we die or are arrested we lose whatever we had on hand (kind of like the old days in GTA) but your stash would be safe. You could also stock pile extra ammo at the safe house.

I think it would be fun to create an arsenal of different weapons to choose from. It would also be nice to be able to store weapons of the same class (assuming the weapon class system works the same) so you could just switch out when you wanted to.

• Like 3

Good point. This is why I started stealing cars for missions instead of taking the ones at my safehouse. If I lost my modded gun I would never bother modding it in the first place.

So I have been thinking about weapons customization a little. I am really not sure how to put this but here it goes...

Do you guys think that guns will be treated as they are in any other GTA or will they be unique items? For example: let’s say I go and buy a standard Shotgun from AmmuNation, I then modify that shotgun. Do you think that modified shotgun will be unique, and if I lose it then it is gone forever? Or will it will I just be able to pick it up again, modded and all, as if nothing happened.

If the former is true then I would hope that we had some sort of weapons locker at our safe houses where we could store different weapons kind of how we store cars in garages. I am thinking we could have something like 4 or 5 different versions of the M4 saved at our safe house. We can then chose which one we want for a particular mission. If we die or are arrested we lose whatever we had on hand (kind of like the old days in GTA) but your stash would be safe. You could also stock pile extra ammo at the safe house.

I think it would be fun to create an arsenal of different weapons to choose from. It would also be nice to be able to store weapons of the same class (assuming the weapon class system works the same) so you could just switch out when you wanted to.

Some nice ideas.

It will be interesting to see how Rockstar handle modded weapons. Whether attachments are lost, upon picking up a different weapon of the same type. And if there is some kind of weapon storage, where you can store the different modded variants of guns in the same weapon class.

Guess we'll find out just how in-depth the weapon modding system will be on September 17th...