Sign in to follow this  
wickedsick

Gilbert Gottfried (again)

So guys, i just was reading the news archive and found that one again. This guys voice is pretty terrible usually. But if you listen to his voice in that video, it´s possible if he´s got a part in GTA V:

i saw him as actor in the 1990 movie "Problem Child".. Damn that guy was a prick.. But he´s a real nuisance.. oO

but wait: now that you mention that. maybe there are no pigeons but parrots in GTA V? - It would be a pleasure to shoot them if they have his annoying voice.

Ok, let me put it like this: If he was a voice actor for GTA V he would be under contract with Rockstar, and as such would not be allowed to say anything about working on the game.

He's not it. And it doesn't matter "if it´s not 100 percent confirmed or demented [sic]" we still know it's a bullshit rumor.

So maybe he is under contract? The post was deleted after a while. Was it because it was bullshit or because R* said, delete it or you´ll have to pay!?

OPx knows what he's talking about. Developers/Voice talent have a very strict contract, meaning if you were to leak any info out about the game. Rockstar would basically then own your house, car, dog, ect. Legal teams for Publishing companies mean business, they do NOT play games, they are protecting they're investment. Look at what happened earlier this year when Bethesda legal team shot a cease and desist letter to Mojang for using the word Scrolls in their new game. If Gottfried was under contract he would certainly know better then to speak when he's not supposed to. Also R* doesn't like using big time voice actors.

So maybe he is under contract? The post was deleted after a while. Was it because it was bullshit or because R* said, delete it or you´ll have to pay!?

OPx knows what he's talking about. Developers/Voice talent have a very strict contract, meaning if you were to leak any info out about the game. Rockstar would basically then own your house, car, dog, ect. Legal teams for Publishing companies mean business, they do NOT play games, they are protecting they're investment. Look at what happened earlier this year when Bethesda legal team shot a cease and desist letter to Mojang for using the word Scrolls in their new game. If Gottfried was under contract he would certainly know better then to speak when he's not supposed to. Also R* doesn't like using big time voice actors.

Say what? Most of SA was big time actors.

Say what? Most of SA was big time actors.

I remember playing Vice City and thinking [Ray Liotta's] performance was fantastic, but something in the months afterwards when I was playing it was conflicting in my brain: was I playing Tommy Vercetti or was I playing Ray Liotta?...it really sort of caught me off guard, and it kept happening to me. To some extent it left me a bit confused, and it certainly made us resolve for future iterations to dial down the use of famous actors. So if you look at San Andreas, there weren’t as many in that game.

-Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games

I didn't say they didn't, I said they don't like using big time voice actors [sic].

ray lotta was a big voice actor. but now they wont use them because the less money you pay for actors, the more money that can be used for making the game better.

liotta

Did you not read my post or just not understand it? I never said Ray Liotta wasn't a big voice actor nor did I say Rockstar doesn't use well-known voice actors. I said they don't like using big time voice actors [sic]. Read the Quote I posted and look at who said it.

I remember playing Vice City and thinking [Ray Liotta's] performance was fantastic, but something in the months afterwards when I was playing it was conflicting in my brain: was I playing Tommy Vercetti or was I playing Ray Liotta?...it really sort of caught me off guard, and it kept happening to me. To some extent it left me a bit confused, and it certainly made us resolve for future iterations to dial down the use of famous actors. So if you look at San Andreas, there weren’t as many in that game.

Rockstar doesn't want to use well-known voice actors for the fact that they will only give as much as they get paid, while the small time actor who probably hardly ever gets any work will give it his full effort.

Did you not read my post or just not understand it? I never said Ray Liotta wasn't a big voice actor nor did I say Rockstar doesn't use well-known voice actors. I said they don't like using big time voice actors [sic]. Read the Quote I posted and look at who said it.

Rockstar doesn't want to use well-known voice actors for the fact that they will only give as much as they get paid, while the small time actor who probably hardly ever gets any work will give it his full effort.

thats what i said at the end. R* wont use big name actors anymore so they have more money on the game itself.

No.. That´s no argument. For example in IV there were a few well-known actors or singers. not as voice actors of the main characters but as talkmasters in radio shows or radio hosts. and don´t forget the comedy shows with motion capturing. Katt Williams and Ricky Gervais for example. R* could spent money for other features, but they didn´t. And if they did it once, they don´t have to do it twice, so maybe Gottfried is in for stand up comedy and well-known actors for voice acts.

No.. That's no argument .... so maybe Gottfried is in for stand up comedy and well-known actors for voice acts.

First part was complete shit, I don't see how thats "no argument" when Sam Houser said it himself, they prefer not to use well-known voice talent. I guess for your simple minded brain that translate to "They don't use well-known talent" He said they prefer not he didn't say they don't their is a huge difference. Obviously there is going to be well known singers on the radio station some of the people doing talk-shows in GTA have been around since GTA III.

As for Gilbert Gottfried to be a comedian in the game he'd have to be a comedian he hasn't done stand-up for a while that I'm aware of I've only seen him mostly Voice-acting, except for the Tsunami jokes that was some good shit.