DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

R* said that you'd pretty much be jumping straight into the deep end with V from the outset. So what are your ideas for a first mission?

I watched Training Day the other night for the first time in years and completely forgot how GTA-esque it is. When I saw the drug dealer robbery it made me think that it could work well in GTA V, with the three protags. Michael would act as Denzels character (hardened career criminal with affiliation to public service), Franklin would act a little like Ethan Hawkes character (recently introduced to the world of crime, perhaps uneasy about killing), and finally Trevor would act like one of Denzel's affiliates, perhaps Dre (very happy to kill, and a little psychotic). The mission would play out just like the film did, with Michael bringing Franklin and Trevor meet up and go along to rob and kill the dealer - and then Franklin would be placed in the position on whether or not to kill the dealer, with the player deciding the outcome of who shoots. Followed by a police chase, blah blah.. That would be a pretty sweet opening mission, well, it would beat "My hands are all messed up brother, you drive".

I actually think we got a glimpse of the first mission in the second trailer.

This is how i think it will go down: Micheal has a row with his wife, and decide to take a walk. We take a walk to the beach and sit on the bench, when Franklin and friend walk past. This is the point in the trailer, i believe is the first contact. After Michael points Franklin in the right direction, something kicks off. Probably a fight, but Franklin (and friend) is outnumbered. So Micheal being the Fatherly type steps in and helps him out. At this point you can switch between the players fighting the thugs you're meant to be repo'ing the car from. And then after that Franklin drives Micheal back to his house in Rockford Hills. Micheal feels empowered, saying he could use a guy like him in his old line of work, as he's thinking of gong back into business. etc...

Plausible?

• Like 2

This is how i think it will go down: Micheal has a row with his wife, and decide to take a walk. We take a walk to the beach and sit on the bench, when Franklin and friend walk past. This is the point in the trailer, i believe is the first contact. After Michael points Franklin in the right direction, something kicks off. Probably a fight, but Franklin (and friend) is outnumbered. So Micheal being the Fatherly type steps in and helps him out. At this point you can switch between the players fighting the thugs you're meant to be repo'ing the car from. And then after that Franklin drives Micheal back to his house in Rockford Hills. Micheal feels empowered, saying he could use a guy like him in his old line of work, as he's thinking of gong back into business. etc...

Plausible?

I doubt it because a bunch of thugs are not the kind of people I would associate as buying luxury cars from a Armenian scammers.

besides I think in the trailer where Franklin peels out in the white r8 theres the dude yelling for him to stop. Maybe that's the house they are looking for in the previous shot where they ask Michael for directions?

I think it would be badass if there was a mob boss that was forcing these guys to do the heists, maybe micheals old gangster friends, and if not they kill his kids or something. Cus I personally think the "therapist" scene in the second trailer was actually a guy threatening micheals son.

I'm really looking forward to not having to do missions for some asshole chump. It seems like having three protagonists makes it possible for them to generate their own ideas and missions. It would be fun to play as the both the mission giver and the mission doer.

I thought of a couple more films for the list:

Sexy Beast (2000)

Inside Man (2006)

The Score (2001) - oops already thought of that one xD

Mission: Impossible (1996)

The Man Inside (1958)

Fun with Dick and Jane (1977)

See the Full list here: http://www.igta5.com...dpost__p__77034

I think it would be badass if there was a mob boss that was forcing these guys to do the heists, maybe micheals old gangster friends, and if not they kill his kids or something. Cus I personally think the "therapist" scene in the second trailer was actually a guy threatening micheals son.

Good point, we do not actually have any proof that he is really a therapist. I think it was just an assumption made because a thereapist is mentoned at the end of the trailor.

I'm really looking forward to not having to do missions for some asshole chump. It seems like having three protagonists makes it possible for them to generate their own ideas and missions. It would be fun to play as the both the mission giver and the mission doer.

I am thinking that a mob boss forcing Micheal back into the game is a good way to start it off, but after they get rid of that guy micheal finds that he does not want to quit.

I have a feeling that the guy is just a therapist, and Michael is forced to go (for whatever reason). Therapists aren't cheap, so the guy is chewing through Michael's money like a fiend, without showing any real results. He buys a sports car that he doesn't finish paying off, and BAM around comes Franklin to pick it up. Michael is more than happy to point out the office to Franklin.

This is how i think it will go down: Micheal has a row with his wife, and decide to take a walk. We take a walk to the beach and sit on the bench, when Franklin and friend walk past.

Given that Santa Monica is a two and a half hour walk from Beverly Hills IRL, I think that senario is highly unlikely. It would be akin to Niko having a row with Roman in their Bohan Safehouse and then taking a stroll to Firefly Island.

Also, multiple articles have mentioned Michael's therapist. If the guy in the trailer IS a mobster "threatening" Michael, he must be quite an educated professional with a busy schedule, seeing as though he has a schedule open on his iFruit computer, multiple textbooks and business binders on his bookshelf, along with several spirex notebooks on his desk. Makes Tony Montana look like a disorganized fool!

*almost makes new topic*

Phew!

I can guess with confidence that Trevor will end up eventually being the antagonist to the other two protagonists. Also I reckon people will come after Michael and his family at some point as his past catches up with him, which may in fact cause the need for the lads to do bigger heist jobs.

I'd predict that Micheal would be getting back to his criminal life after being forced by the FIB if he wants to keep his cushy Witness Protection deal that was mentioned in the previews. It would be similar to what happened with John Marston in RDR when federal agents took his family away and forced him to turn on his old gang. Unlike Marston, it seems Micheal hates his wife and is disappointed by his slutty daughter and pot-head son so targeting his fortune would be what they would do. I can't see why the FIB would need to have some criminals pulling off elaborate heists, but I'm pretty sure R* have cooked up something good. There could be several other groups (gang-bangers, the mob, Dixie Mafia type Redneck gang) that use the trio to pull off jobs for them, pressuring them to do their bidding in return for assistance in the protagonists overall goals (similar to Marston having to help the Marshal of Armadillo before he would help him go after Bill Williamson). I'd hope that all these groups pulling strings for the trio sometimes offer jobs for one or two of our protags and often have them try to turn on each other. Also I'm curious to see how Trevor agrees to work with Micheal, given that they've worked together in the past and Micheal turned snitch. In fact, the only person I can see being motivated by money and drawing out a criminal career path would be Franklin, so I'm really very excited to see what Micheal and Trevor's motivations are and how they are related to "the pursuit of the almighty dollar."

This is my prediction for the premise of the game based on what little info we have about the plot anyway.

I say as R* said we will play as both the protagonist and antagonist at the same time in my opinion maybe we will get a choice ether in the end or start who will be the main Either Michael Franklin or Trevor. Or it could be like there would be another person in the game who will be the antagonist. Or we will be able to customise the antagonist. Also there could be multiple Antagonists

I predict someone close to one of the protagonists will die it's pretty much a given.

Could be, I never saw Roman's death coming but it was pretty damn sad. Never went bowling again.

• Like 1

we must not bother who is the antagonist now as R* will reveal it or we will get to know in the game why we must reveal the suspense

We have a topic you can discuss this in already. Can't fault you, this can fall under a lot of categories, so it probably didn't show up in a search. Welcome to the forums, Negro.

EDIT: "Won't" fault you reeked of self-importance. Feel like a massive cunt. Apologies!

Edited by GunSmith117

For some reason, possibly because my name is mike and my brothers name is Trevor, but I think Michael and Trevor are going to be related. Or possibly mike ratted on Trevor back in the day when they did jobs together. Plus I remember hearing Trevor? Say something like I'm new in town. Which could mean that Trevor is fresh out of jail. Or maybe a triple agent, like he is a criminal who is setting up the fib and Michael via internal affairs.

Right, I forget about the other line later. Well, Michael and Trevor used to work together, and you're not going to be doing enough heists to get federal attention where Trevor is living. So, either he's been living in the ass end of nowhere long enough - and Los Santos has changed enough - that he considers himself new in Los Santos, or he and Michael used to do their heists in another city or multiple other cities, and not Los Santos.

Alternatively, he and Michael used to commit smaller crimes in that area (Trevor does say that Michael is back in town, implying he at least used to live in the same area as Trevor), and decided to do something big in the only location in the countryside that would actually get the attention of the FIB - the military base. But, that's strictly speculation, there's nothing implying it.

• Like 2

I got the impression that Michael had lived in SA during the glory days (cue Springsteen) and had moved to another part of America during negotiations with the FIB, then returned following the settlement.

• Like 1