DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

I do not want the story mode to be about you trying to get your family back, that happened in RDR i don't want it again. We need to make the story about making money in alot of ways like selling drugs, guns, cars and things like that.

With the new artwork I'm starting to think that the heist will be the main focus of GTA V's story. Perhaps we start with it but it will be broken up into a couple parts (driving there, robbing the place, getting away from the cops) and in between those parts we'll flashback to the protag's life before this point. Then we'll play other missions in the flashbacks to build the story up to the heist. And if Rockstar expands the story decisions (who to kill/save) we might be able to influence what happens in the next part of the heist.

Something like that.

• Like 2

it sounded like when he said " why did i move here", that he had high expectations but somthing bad happend to the protagonist like someone killed his family... maybe you play as the the spanish guy and kill "neds" family for some begining cut scene... rockstar said bold new direction maybe you play as the antagonist :o.

Okay hold up.... why are they wearing bugstar outfits anyway? Its not like they are trying to sneak in there, they are going in guns blazing. Why do you guys think they are all dressed up as pest exterminators?

Wearing the right disguise when robbing a place can get you in and out with very few of the people outside taking a second glance at you, and the people outside are a bigger concern than the people inside.

• Like 1

Wearing the right disguise when robbing a place can get you in and out with very few of the people outside taking a second glance at you, and the people outside are a bigger concern than the people inside.

Well they arn't even trying to hide the weapons. but i guess it's kinda hard to hide an AK. They could just put them in the duffle bags and whip them out once they are inside. Seems a little smarter.

At first glance, most people would think it was a pesticide spray gun. People aren't going to automatically assume it's an assault rifle.

Though, holding the gun with one hand, against your side (the side facing the storefront), is the way to go.

The voice we hear on the reveal trailer could be mis-direction, what we here could well be another character talking, possibly as the protag is about to kill them, Rock* do love to mess with our minds. As for story predictions, since the game is about the pusuit of the almighty dollar, does anyone what the fastest growing/most profitable area of crime is at the moment? (I actually don't) but I'd assume that the storyline would feature that quite prominently, and maybe that area is armed robbery? The storyline could well be that you are part of a stick up crew?

If you're playing as him, he's not the antagonist.

He could be if you're playing as " A Bad-Guy ", instead of just an Anti-Hero.

It would be a great orginal idea, and kind of like an RPG ( like say Fallout ) where you can make choices between any Good/Neutral/Evil paths you would like to take in the game. Anyway in all the past GTA's you end up killing the so-called " good guys " ( The Cops ) :D

The Definition of Antagonist is that of the " Bad-Guy " or enemy of the Protaganist " The Good-Guy ". The Definition does not mean you could not play the role of the Antagonist. But it's doubtfull that you would in a GTA game. Still an Anti-Hero is always fun. :evilbanana:

The voice we hear on the reveal trailer could be mis-direction, what we here could well be another character talking, possibly as the protag is about to kill them, Rock* do love to mess with our minds. As for story predictions, since the game is about the pusuit of the almighty dollar, does anyone what the fastest growing/most profitable area of crime is at the moment? (I actually don't) but I'd assume that the storyline would feature that quite prominently, and maybe that area is armed robbery? The storyline could well be that you are part of a stick up crew?

One thing I have only just considered is that R* sometimes change the final voice actor after the trailer is released, while for a protag they should have the actor already chosen for a secondary or tertiary character they could easily change them later. As was the case in one of the GTA IV trailers with the UL Paper guy.

If you're playing as him, he's not the antagonist.

He could be if you're playing as " A Bad-Guy ", instead of just an Anti-Hero.

It would be a great orginal idea, and kind of like an RPG ( like say Fallout ) where you can make choices between any Good/Neutral/Evil paths you would like to take in the game. Anyway in all the past GTA's you end up killing the so-called " good guys " ( The Cops ) :D

The Definition of Antagonist is that of the " Bad-Guy " or enemy of the Protaganist " The Good-Guy ". The Definition does not mean you could not play the role of the Antagonist. But it's doubtfull that you would in a GTA game. Still an Anti-Hero is always fun. :evilbanana:

A protagonist (from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής protagonistes, "one who plays the first part, chief actor"[1]) is the main character (the central or primary personal figure) of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative, which ends up in conflict because of the antagonist and with whom the audience

is intended to most identify.

does not say anything about whether or not he is "good" or "bad"

Why don't you try looking up the definition of ANTAGONIST. NOT PROTAGANIST :bird:

And good job copying the definition instead of extrapolating it into your own words. Look up Antagonist and try and absorb the meaning in the text. Alot of words are open to interpretation, especially Nouns. Smartass.

Put simply the antagonist is the one who opposes the main character; be it their beliefs, ideals or just physically opposes them. They stand for the opposite of what the protag stands for, whether it be good or bad. I guess you could have a bad protag and a bad antag, but you wouldn't get much chemistry between the two unless they are different kinds of bad.

How would you describe it then?

Put simply the antagonist is the one who opposes the main character; be it their beliefs, ideals or just physically opposes them. They stand for the opposite of what the protag stands for, whether it be good or bad. I guess you could have a bad protag and a bad antag, but you wouldn't get much chemistry between the two unless they are different kinds of bad.

How would you describe it then?

I gave my definition on page 7, But it really depends if you're referring to the classical definition or the more modern one. The classical definition refers to a story in which the Main Character " The Hero " ( otherwise known as the protaganist ) fights with a " Villian/Enemy " ( the Antagonist ), both are on opposite sides of the karma spectrum and are opposed to one another. The modern take on the word is more open to interpretation because there are so many other ways stories are conveyed, for instance the gaming genre ( to which we probably all belong ). This as along with other genres ( books/ movies/ TV shows/ comics etc ), have introduced more complex characters that challenge the more simple stereotypes of the original definition ( Good Vs Bad with the main character being Good ).

At least this is the way I interpret it. But I have had a long history of being disagreeable with most people. So I could be wrong, ( especially if you believe in the Democratic argument, where the opinions of the majority are the most valid).

End Ramble.

The protag isn't always a noble, do-gooding hero, which is what we were getting at. Enemy is not synonymous with being evil.

• Like 1

The protag isn't always a noble, do-gooding hero, which is what we were getting at. Enemy is not synonymous with being evil.

I'll give you an example, take Quentin Tarantino's " Pulp Fiction ". Which characters are the protaganists and which are the antagonists?

The answer would probably be different for each individual viewer. This is based not only on their personal views about the movie and their perception, but also the way the movie follows several character's stories which intersect and influence the other character's and their stories. This also done out of order ( Timeline wise as to confuse the audience even more ).

So when Bruce Willis's Butch comes home to get his dead father's gold watch, and then proceeds to shoot John Travolta's Vincent character. Who in this case is the Protaganist and who is the Antagonist? Given also that by this point you have watched Vincent's story.

Now we know that the story revolves around 'heists'. Can anyone think of any decent heist films? Classic would be better, i guess, as Dan only takes influence from classic material. Dan Houser & Rockstar North must have taken influence from some. I'd like to get the references when i play it!

Here are some I already know of:

Films to watch before playing GTA V

Ocean's Eleven (1960)

Snatch. (2000)

Heat (1995) - Already used in IV though, maybe some other parts of the film will be referenced in V.

Reservoir Dogs (1992)

Jackie Brown (1997)

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)

The Sting (1973)

The Italian Job (1969)

The Getaway (1972)

Swordfish (2001)

A Fish Called Wanda (1988)

Heist (2001)

Ronin (1998)

The Asphalt Jungle (1950)

The Town (2010)

Drive (2011)

Ambush (1939)

Rififi (1955)

The Killing (1956)

Seven Thieves (1960)

The Big Snatch (1963)

Topkapi (1964)

Gambit (1966)

Robbery (1967)

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

A Cop (1972)

Charley Varrick (1973)

The Brink's Job (1978)

The First Great Train Robbery (1978)

The Score (2001)

Bank Shot (1974)

Loophole (1981)

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Ocean's Twelve (2004)

Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

Sexy Beast (2000)

Inside Man (2006)

Mission: Impossible (1996)

The Man Inside (1958)

Fun with Dick and Jane (1977)

/edit - i'm adding these to the first post to makes things easier.

• Like 1

Cool, i'll add those to the list and hopefully people will also add, and create an ultimate pre-GTA V playlist! I'll be watching some of these as I've not seen them all.

Ambush (1939)

Rififi (1955)

The Killing (1956)

Seven Thieves (1960)

The Big Snatch (1963)

Topkapi (1964)

Gambit (1966)

Robbery (1967)

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

A Cop (1972)

Charley Varrick (1973)

The Brink's Job (1978)