DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

So I was doing some thinking and I came up with a theory. I originally posted it in the screenshot topic but thought I should write about it here.

Take these two pictures. I circled and compared height in maroon and circled two cranes in red.

building.jpg

buildings.jpg

The first is from the screenshot that was just released. If you compare it to the ending scene of the trailer, they both look to be about the same height. This whole prediction of mine is assuming that construction stays steady throughout most of the game. At one point in the trailer you see what many people predicted to be the protagonist overlooking the Mile High Club. Let's just say for now that our protagonist is the older man seen multiple times as well as the person speaking in the trailer. Now if this game is to be set in modern times and taking hints about out of business signs and for sale signs, the economy is in a recession. Here in New York I see stores and buildings right near the end of construction shut down and become abandoned often due to the fact the owners don't have the money to finish it. Maybe our protagonist is the owner of this private tower, but has come to a dead end with finances and can't finish his construction of the building. This goes against some rumors of the building being constructed and growing throughout the story. Since he can't finish the construction on the tower, he goes back into the "line of work" he tried to get away from in the first place because he becomes desperate for the money he needs to complete it. This drags him back into a lot of trouble and he struggles to get out all throughout the story but his main goal the whole time is to get enough money to finish the construction.

To me my prediction sounds the most realistic and seems reasonable out of all the ones I've heard so far (and maybe has the most evidence to support it - although i could be way off)

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

Ya and you have to put money into building the tower. Like half of the money you earn from a mission goes into construction.

I was thinking money management would be better. If they make it where you can buy a shit ton of stuff you should be able to manage how much goes towards it and it will tell you much until its complete. Also you earn money from this if it's a club do you can buy cars and houses and so on

Guest Marney-1

So I was doing some thinking and I came up with a theory. I originally posted it in the screenshot topic but thought I should write about it here.

Take these two pictures. I circled and compared height in maroon and circled two cranes in red.

building.jpg

buildings.jpg

The first is from the screenshot that was just released. If you compare it to the ending scene of the trailer, they both look to be about the same height. This whole prediction of mine is assuming that construction stays steady throughout most of the game. At one point in the trailer you see what many people predicted to be the protagonist overlooking the Mile High Club. Let's just say for now that our protagonist is the older man seen multiple times as well as the person speaking in the trailer. Now if this game is to be set in modern times and taking hints about out of business signs and for sale signs, the economy is in a recession. Here in New York I see stores and buildings right near the end of construction shut down and become abandoned often due to the fact the owners don't have the money to finish it. Maybe our protagonist is the owner of this private tower, but has come to a dead end with finances and can't finish his construction of the building. This goes against some rumors of the building being constructed and growing throughout the story. Since he can't finish the construction on the tower, he goes back into the "line of work" he tried to get away from in the first place because he becomes desperate for the money he needs to complete it. This drags him back into a lot of trouble and he struggles to get out all throughout the story but his main goal the whole time is to get enough money to finish the construction.

To me my prediction sounds the most realistic and seems reasonable out of all the ones I've heard so far (and maybe has the most evidence to support it - although i could be way off)

I made a similar prediction in the topic in which this one is now merged.

building.jpg

buildings.jpg

I made a similar prediction in the topic in which this one is now merged.

I hadn't seen that, sorry.

Okay, this is a little off the original topic, but it's probably better off in here instead of making a whole new thread.

Film Story Influences

We all know that R* love to homage popular films in GTA, and GTA V will certainly be no different. With LA as the film industry hub - Hollywood, there is huge potential for homage for films, and especially those based in Cali.

Here is a small list of films I think could potentially be an influence on GTA V.

Reservoir Dogs

After a simple jewelery heist goes terribly wrong, the surviving criminals begin to suspect that one of them is a police informant.

Not only is Reservoir Dogs filmed and based in Los Angleas, But it's a brilliant story with brilliant characters, which would easily work in a GTA world.

Jackie Brown

A female flight attendant becomes a key figure in a plot between the police and an arms dealer.

Plenty of Memorable characters, and plot scenarios. Jackie Brown has probably al;ready influenced past GTA games to some extent, but I think with GTA V this would be the perfect location to homage this film!

Collateral

A cab driver finds himself the hostage of an engaging contract killer as he makes his rounds from hit to hit during one night in LA. He must find a way to save both himself and one last victim.

Collateral was an interesting film, and I could easily see this as GTA a mission influence...

To Live and Die in L.A.

A fearless Secret Service agent will stop at nothing to bring down the counterfeiter who killed his partner.

I loved this film back in the day. This guy is relentless, and the film is full of action including gun fights and car chases. There's no doubt that this has good material for influence.

The Big Lebowski

"Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.

Lebowski is a funny film, and GTA is never short of funny moments.

There's plenty of films out there and they don't have to be set in LA. Please add to this if you feel like it. I guess the 'Epic moments' thread would probably tie into this, and might be inspiration.

YOUR 2ND IDEA IS AMAZING BUT HERES I HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE:

ok, so u r driving with your wife soon ariving to los santos, while entering los santos your screen blacks out (kinda like what u said) then you wake up in a hospital where a doctor tells you that your wife didnt make the car crash(wich is y ur screen blacks out)when u crashed a drunk driver bumbs you off the road and your wife deis but u live, now after you are released from hospital, the game is about getting revenge and finding the guy that killed your wife(the guy gets away from the seen) i think this would be a very great idea but i dont think it is a good story for 100 + missions in one game.

Okay, this is a little off the original topic, but it's probably better off in here instead of making a whole new thread.

Film Story Influences

We all know that R* love to homage popular films in GTA, and GTA V will certainly be no different. With LA as the film industry hub - Hollywood, there is huge potential for homage for films, and especially those based in Cali.

Here is a small list of films I think could potentially be an influence on GTA V.

Reservoir Dogs

After a simple jewelery heist goes terribly wrong, the surviving criminals begin to suspect that one of them is a police informant.

Not only is Reservoir Dogs filmed and based in Los Angleas, But it's a brilliant story with brilliant characters, which would easily work in a GTA world.

Jackie Brown

A female flight attendant becomes a key figure in a plot between the police and an arms dealer.

Plenty of Memorable characters, and plot scenarios. Jackie Brown has probably al;ready influenced past GTA games to some extent, but I think with GTA V this would be the perfect location to homage this film!

Collateral

A cab driver finds himself the hostage of an engaging contract killer as he makes his rounds from hit to hit during one night in LA. He must find a way to save both himself and one last victim.

Collateral was an interesting film, and I could easily see this as GTA a mission influence...

To Live and Die in L.A.

A fearless Secret Service agent will stop at nothing to bring down the counterfeiter who killed his partner.

I loved this film back in the day. This guy is relentless, and the film is full of action including gun fights and car chases. There's no doubt that this has good material for influence.

The Big Lebowski

"Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.

There's plenty of films out there and they don't have to be set in LA. Please add to this if you feel like it. I guess the 'Epic moments' thread would probably tie into this, and might be inspiration.

i like how you have 2 quinton tarantino movies. but it seem like it could work specificly the resivoir dogs. and the big lebowski is one of my favorate movies

i like most of ideas/predictions posted so heres my idea/prediction.

lets say CJ from san andreas got together with a white girl (no racism intended) and they had a kid after or most probably before san andreas story maybe he had the kid when he was in liberty city when he returned and got framed by tenpenny. his kid was put into an orphanage and sent to VC and was became a gang member then left for san andreas in pursue of CJ. (see where im going with this?) while he was in vc it could link tommy, lance and from when cj was in lc it could link gta 3 guy (claude?) and toni, 'the old crew' im sure players would like that euphoria feeling.

so onto gta 5 story. you could have just left the airport and your gps is set for your new house, revealing landmarks. safe house and stuff is explained. you then set of in search for CJ and find him running from the cops (in the trailer) and u pull up next to him CJ jumps in and u go to pay and spray unlocking it. you explain link between protag and cj. you rebuild grove street and get the old crew doing jobs. abt a quarter in tommy or claude car is rigged with a bomb and you set out finding who did it and destroy rival gangs. or maybe not claude or tommy so its not so 'direct' maybe a henchman?

hello everyone this is my take on the story line for gta5. it will cover a few things that you guys have been talking about.

yes i have played gta.....every since 3 i've owned every gta

ok i believe that the NED LUKE guy will be the main protag in the beginning of the game and that we will be playing as him for the first 1/4 of the game. the DARK SKINNED guy i think he will be working for NED LUKE guy for the same time as we play the first 1/4 of game then something happens and either NED LUKE guys dies or goes to prison. and there on forward we will start to play as the DARK SKINNED guy till the end. if it goes this way i see the DARK SKINNED guy making his way to break NED LUKE out of prison near the end of the story. then once story is done we can select who to free roam with.

REASONS: adds to new type of game play. never played as a BOSS always the muscle. this would let use see into a new world of gta.

also in the screen shots both NED LUKE and DARK SKINNED guy are drivers of the vehicles....never has their have been screens released and someone that you dont play as been the driver or a car...plane...boat...bike...ect

NED LUKE GUY: wall street type of guy into stocks and real estates

DARK SKINNED GUY: looks to be mixed.....fathers Black mothers Hispanic. street thug trying to make the almighty dollar.

the ending should b the mainm character dieing and his twenty year old spoiled rob kardashian type son gets whatever his father left but leaves a note in a picture that his son threw becuz he was reminisin drunk and it said that he was adopted and abunch of other lies that were told by him!!But it says hes leaving him something thatcan onlybe truly his and no one has this in the game, BUT ILL LEAVR IT TO THE GREAT MINDS OF R*(BUT IF I WAS ME IT WOULD BE AN ISLAND MANSION THAT WAS KEPT A SECRET, AND ITS VERY INTERACTABLE!!

Niko wanted to stop being a criminal, John Marston wanted to stop being a criminal, this old guy sounds like he doesn't want to be a criminal, I see a patern forming...

Film Story Influences

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

Collateral

To Live and Die in L.A.

The Big Lebowski

If we do have multiple protagonists, it will be more like pulp fiction than reservoir dogs...

YOUR 2ND IDEA IS AMAZING BUT HERES I HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE:

ok, so u r driving with your wife soon ariving to los santos, while entering los santos your screen blacks out (kinda like what u said) then you wake up in a hospital where a doctor tells you that your wife didnt make the car crash(wich is y ur screen blacks out)when u crashed a drunk driver bumbs you off the road and your wife deis but u live, now after you are released from hospital, the game is about getting revenge and finding the guy that killed your wife(the guy gets away from the seen) i think this would be a very great idea but i dont think it is a good story for 100 + missions in one game.

yes, because your average drunk driver has connections to the mafia...

hello everyone this is my take on the story line for gta5. it will cover a few things that you guys have been talking about.

yes i have played gta.....every since 3 i've owned every gta

ok i believe that the NED LUKE guy will be the main protag in the beginning of the game and that we will be playing as him for the first 1/4 of the game. the DARK SKINNED guy i think he will be working for NED LUKE guy for the same time as we play the first 1/4 of game then something happens and either NED LUKE guys dies or goes to prison. and there on forward we will start to play as the DARK SKINNED guy till the end. if it goes this way i see the DARK SKINNED guy making his way to break NED LUKE out of prison near the end of the story. then once story is done we can select who to free roam with.

REASONS: adds to new type of game play. never played as a BOSS always the muscle. this would let use see into a new world of gta.

also in the screen shots both NED LUKE and DARK SKINNED guy are drivers of the vehicles....never has their have been screens released and someone that you dont play as been the driver or a car...plane...boat...bike...ect

NED LUKE GUY: wall street type of guy into stocks and real estates

DARK SKINNED GUY: looks to be mixed.....fathers Black mothers Hispanic. street thug trying to make the almighty dollar.

Lance is dead, tommy is a drug king pin, and Cj is a millionare who could rebuild grove street by himself if he wanted too

i know im making alot of posts but im almost sure this is set in the gta 4 era, hence "mrs. bell" and "eddie mcreary" from the casting thing, if that was legitimate.

I realize its fun to try and guess what the story will be but out of all the things i wonder about, the plot is last on the list.

That said, my prediction is that he wanted to settle down and he moved to LS.

The economy went to shit and hes in danger of losing his home and is unable to support his family.

That forces him to get into a life of crime.

Ernesto dislikes Luis, believing that he is drug dealing trash. He moved out of the city for that latino weather (my guess Los Santos) and got a family, and a job as an 'accountant'. His siblings dislike him, believing he is a "prick"(Ernesto wants to play ball with them), as he apparently never sends money to his mother and only calls her twice a year. Luis makes fun of his wife as well. He was fired from being an 'accountant' and does the same thing as his little brother.

Remember people Ernesto has a lightly skinned tan.

lets say CJ from san andreas got together with a white girl (no racism intended) and they had a kid after or most probably before san andreas story maybe he had the kid when he was in liberty city when he returned and got framed by tenpenny. his kid was put into an orphanage and sent to VC and was became a gang member then left for san andreas in pursue of CJ. (see where im going with this?) while he was in vc it could link tommy, lance and from when cj was in lc it could link gta 3 guy (claude?) and toni, 'the old crew' im sure players would like that euphoria feeling.

so onto gta 5 story. you could have just left the airport and your gps is set for your new house, revealing landmarks. safe house and stuff is explained. you then set of in search for CJ and find him running from the cops (in the trailer) and u pull up next to him CJ jumps in and u go to pay and spray unlocking it. you explain link between protag and cj. you rebuild grove street and get the old crew doing jobs. abt a quarter in tommy or claude car is rigged with a bomb and you set out finding who did it and destroy rival gangs. or maybe not claude or tommy so its not so 'direct' maybe a henchman?

What the fucking fuck is the matter with you? Can't you read?

Sorry, but that idea gave me cancer. The chances of all the GTA III era characters happily uniting in a wonderful tale of adventure in V are below... 0%.

Ok, so here is the story...

Your a beat cop torn between two sides, both of them dirty. On one side, your gang which you left behind in los santos and your new family of dirty cops and corrupt casino bosses in las venturas. A favor here, a job there... Things are moving along nicely, working your way up the bad cop ladder...

And this point, your boss decides he wants out of the game and goes to los santos to settle down; back to your old turf...

Being the big wig that he is, he is into real estate and into revitalizing urban hoods by demolishing them and putting up high rises. The boss calls in one last favor, deal with your old gang once and for all. Which side do you choose?

• Like 2

Sounds pretty original. Also kind of like Red Dead Redemptions story ( the dealing with your former gang part ).

Hopefully Rockstar does a compelling story with some unpredictable twists thrown in.

Came from Mexico to go to Los Santos to make his fortune, wanting to support his family. That didn't turn out well so he is forced into a life of crime again.

Hell no. Very fucking bad idea...

You mad bro??